Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wsop % sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭PokerPissTaker

To be honest I'd be delighted if someone who does know would just list the tourneys he didplay and his results so as people would stop talking about him espacially as most of the people doing the talking ddin't even have shares in him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

To be honest I'd be delighted if someone who does know would just list the tourneys he didplay and his results so as people would stop talking about him espacially as most of the people doing the talking ddin't even have shares in him

Wait, so one of his friends can come here and try to flog way overpriced %s for the guy, insult Boards members continuously and make out that he's the best thing that's happened to Cork since...well..eh...1916? and when someone comes back and says he lost the lot of his investors cash before he even played the ME, people are to keep their opinions to themselves and not have a chuckle at the expense of the dopes that funded the guy?

Wtf is with you Corkonians?

And yes, I'd imagine the people laughing about it certainly didn't have any funds invested in the guy as I'm sure those who did certainly aren't laughing right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

His salespeoples silence is speaking volumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

lol at this thread It gets a gold star from me for entertainment . Best one in ages . Looking forward to finding out the whole story . Any clues BoBBB ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

bohsman wrote: »
    His salespeoples silence is speaking volumes.

:D

Fair play to him... its rumoured he even managed to get a "shirt" deal ( for €2k :eek: ) before he went over

and to SirToYou the OP of this mess have alook at what happened to the last crowd who claimed they were only advertising someone elses wares ;)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0630/breaking49.htm

Rb wrote: »
    Wait, so one of his friends can come here and try to flog way overpriced %s for the guy, insult Boards members continuously and make out that he's the best thing that's happened to Cork since...well..eh...1916? and when someone comes back and says he lost the lot of his investors cash before he even played the ME, people are to keep their opinions to themselves and not have a chuckle at the expense of the dopes that funded the guy?

Wtf is with you Corkonians?

And yes, I'd imagine the people laughing about it certainly didn't have any funds invested in the guy as I'm sure those who did certainly aren't laughing right now.

I think if you read between the lines of my comment you will see it was more of a respectful way of asking someone to do some explaining as opposed to let off as you implied. And please don't stereotype that everybody that plays in Cork is from Cork, Or that all Corkonians have some short of shortfall, It's quiet narrow minded and some might say ignorant, And I did say "Some might say" before you start spitting your dummy out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

this thread has to be the funniest / stupidest I've seen in a while.

I hope it works out for those investors.

at least it looks like no one on here was desperate enough to take offered deal . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

pocketdooz wrote: »
    this thread has to be the funniest / stupidest I've seen in a while.

I hope it works out for those investors.

at least it looks like no one on here was desperate enough to take offered deal . . . .

Or too embarrassed to say so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

The-Rigger wrote: »
    image_gallery?img_id=12036&t=1207661915029

you've just shown the main reason i want to come back to ireland

mmm greasy goodness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

As far as I am aware Big Al cashed in a deep stack tourney doing a deal for $14800, The same deal Gavin Kelly got and talks about in his blog

LOL so he brought over 45k and won 15. So he did his balls to the tune of 60k halfway through his trip?

"You have no clue what your doing, and for that reason I won't be investing....."

DRAGONSDEN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BOBBB

Hammertime wrote: »
    LOL so he brought over 45k and won 15. So he did his balls to the tune of 60k halfway through his trip?

"You have no clue what your doing, and for that reason I won't be investing....."

DRAGONSDEN.jpg

loldog-cute-puppy-pictures-fail.jpg

Wtf is it with the Cork bashing?
    What difference does it make that the OP or Player is from Cork? None.
    Its just a deliberate attempt by you and others to stir shit.

Not really, as I said earlier (and people agreed) those from Cork were making a show of themselves here.

There's obvious exceptions; RedJoker, Flipper and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

well before its closed I think I'll post that deadly montage again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pokerbratz

"BIG AL"
    FIRST OFF THE NAME IN ITSELF SUGGESTS A LARGER THAN LIFE CHARACTER (WHICH HE IS) AND OFFERS AN INSIGHT INTO HIS PERSONALITY AND OUTLOOK ON LIFE.
    SO WHAT IF HE WENT TO VEGAS AND SHOT HIS LOAD- NO PUN INTENDED,
    I WAS ONE OF HIS PERCENTAGE BACKERS AND BEING HONEST I DO NOT FEEL ONE BIT PUT OUT THAT HE DID NOT GIVE A RETURN ON INVESTMENT.
    I GAVE HIM €X TO GO AND DO HIS BEST WITH IT.
    I DO NOT EXPECT ANYONE WHO GAVE HIM SPONSORSHIP TO FEEL ANY DIFFERENTLY. NO DIFFERENT THAN BACKING A HORSE IN THE GRAND NATIONAL! ONE THING I AM SURE OF THAT AL DID NOT TAKE ANYONES MONEY WITH THE INTENTION OF GOING TO GO TO VEGAS AND BURSTING OUT.
    I AM DISAPPOINTED FOR AL THAT THINGS DID NOT GO WELL, HOWEVER HE IS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER OF THE % SELLERS ON BOARDS WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT HE PROBABLY HAD THE MORE REALISTIC CHANCE OF CASHING OUT. WHY?
    AL IS A GAMBLER, HE IS ALSO A CHANCER!! AL HAS STAMINA, HE HAS AN AGRESSIVE PERSONALITY AND IS A MAN OF THE WORLD WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THE HIGHS AND LOWS OF WHAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER, HE CAN ALSO BE A PAIN IN THE NECK,
    ALL THESE ATTRIBUTES ARE NECESSARY IN THE REAL WORLD OF LIVE POKER TOURNAMENTS AND CASH GAMES, IT IS ALL TOO EASY TO BERATE FROM THE COMFORT OF THE KEYBOARD,
    REGARDS MIKE @ CPT

This thread has been a car crash from the start, should be closed tbh, it no longer serves any purpose or point.
    I tried to steer clear of it but when blatant stereotypical comments like the above are posted its hard to turn a blind eye.
    Attack the post not his County of Origin.

Ah but you have to say this, you'd probably be lynched by the PROC if you didn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The CPT standing up for Al, good stuff, think ultimate bet are preparing a press release endorsing him aswell.

pokerbratz wrote: »
    "BIG AL"
    HE PROBABLY HAD THE MORE REALISTIC CHANCE OF CASHING OUT. WHY?
    AL IS A GAMBLER, HE IS ALSO A CHANCER!! AL HAS STAMINA, HE HAS AN AGRESSIVE PERSONALITY AND IS A MAN OF THE WORLD WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THE HIGHS AND LOWS OF WHAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER, HE CAN ALSO BE A PAIN IN THE NECK,
    ALL THESE ATTRIBUTES ARE NECESSARY IN THE REAL WORLD OF LIVE POKER TOURNAMENTS AND CASH GAMES

A fool and his cap locked money are easily parted I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BOBBB

IT IS ALL TOO EASY TO BERATE FROM THE COMFORT OF THE KEYBOARD,
    REGARDS MIKE @ CPT

I know its easy to berate others and all, but would it have hurt you to turn caps-lock off,Mr.Mike @ CPT?

Regards BOBBB

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So Mr Mike@CPT do you think its perfectly fine to give out a list of events that you are going to play to potential investors and then go bust with their money in cash games and not play the games that were part of the deal you made with these investors?

Also I did not see it written anywhere that he might play cash games with investors money.

One more question, are we to take from your comments that you invite all sorts of chancers, conmen and crooks to take part in your events?

Now that I think about it, sure you guys were at it for long enough yourselves.

Its clear to me now why you would condone this sort of behaviour......

Rb wrote: »
    Not really, as I said earlier (and people agreed) those from Cork were making a show of themselves here.

There's obvious exceptions; RedJoker, Flipper and the like.

Well once everyone agrees then it must be alright, The BNP, The National front the KKK

And don't start giving out about me being ridiculous because ever post I've seen you make is idiotic and single minded

I'm delighted I don't know you personally And pray I never have the misfortune of being stuck at a table near you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

eagle eye wrote: »
    So Mr Mike@CPT do you think its perfectly fine to give out a list of events that you are going to play to potential investors and then go bust with their money in cash games and not play the games that were part of the deal you made with these investors?

Also I did not see it written anywhere that he might play cash games with investors money.

Well once everyone agrees then it must be alright, The BNP, The National front the KKK

LOL at exactly how dumb and reactionary this post is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

. NO DIFFERENT THAN BACKING A HORSE IN THE GRAND NATIONAL! ONE THING I AM SURE OF THAT AL DID NOT TAKE ANYONES MONEY WITH THE INTENTION OF GOING TO GO TO VEGAS AND BURSTING OUT.
    What if i took 10K from you to buy a horse, and said **** it ill buy booze instead, im larger than life and im just hilarious with a few drinks. that makes it ok yeah?
    HOWEVER HE IS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER OF THE % SELLERS ON BOARDS WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT HE PROBABLY HAD THE MORE REALISTIC CHANCE OF CASHING OUT.
    Laugh out loud. How has he got he most realistic chance of cashing, he's not even entering the bloody main event FFS> he has taken people's money under the illusion of one thing and done a completley different one. How is that acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

I am from Cork and have to say that the vast majority of posts from cork people on this forum make me cringe...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

This thread should be locked.

If this guy really spent peoples money who bought shares in him on table games instead of buying into the tournaments then he is a disgrace and should be ashamed to show his face in an Irish poker room again. Thats if he did because it all sounds a bit far fetched to me.

The people who vouched for him should also be ashamed of themselves in case anyone on here bought into it and got scammed out of money.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

MIKE @ CPT
    :rolleyes:

This thread should be closed up though.

If people want to be stupid enough to invest in someone (especially what he was offering) then leave them to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement