Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retirement

Options
  • 28-06-2008 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

Hello gentle boardsfolk. This is one of those meandering posts full of fluff. The important part is in bold.

Nine years is a long time. It's nearly a decade. It's also 3 times 3. But I digest.

I, for reasons unknown, especially to myself, have drifted away from the boards more than a moderator should. I have told myself that I am taking a backseat to the excellent moderators of the Games category, and considered myself backup during the time when most of them are asleep.

But the reported posts are getting on my nerves, especially from the ****ing poker forum. And especially from that stupid asshole Roundtower who reports ****ing everything!

I will still be around, I will attend the odd boards beers, but I must face the fact that the addiction I once had to boards is gone.

But I must acknowledge the reality that my life has been transformed by this website, this community of communities. I have made friends for life here and have also gotten laid. What more could I ask for?

I don't know.

All I do know is that allowing myself to remain a moderator when I don't visit boards regularly would be hypocritical and wrong. The people of boards deserve better.

So, without further twaddle, I hereby resign as moderator from all the forums I currently moderate, effective immediately. I made my mind up on this months ago and have merely been stalling in case moderators got some sort of share deal if boards got sold. Irony demands that this happen next week.

I would like to thank the Admins (glory be their names) for creating boards and holding fast to their principles during the decade that boards has been in operation. I would also like to thank the moderators of the Games Category for being so good, as to make me redundant anyway. I would especially like to thank Nekkidbibleman and Monument who have carried on the spirit of the Games forum.

I have one last request. The reported posts from the poker forum should not be sent to the Category Moderator. In fact, the Poker forum does not belong in the Games forum. It is culturally a million miles away from the rest of the Game category. Sort that **** out, for the love of god.

(without further twaddle eh?)

Cheery bye ;)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I'm taken aback, never thought I'd see the day when we would be Ampless.
    Best of luck young man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Well, I'm never going in to the poker forum now!

9 years is a long time. I'm impressed. Hope you'll still be posting anyway!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

How much do we have to pay you in order to make you stay? You cant leave us, you just cant! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sorry to see you go Amp, you're like a fixture around here. Like a showerhead that soaked us in sarcasm, or a particularly witty lamp. The house of boards won't be the same. Sure, we'll get other lamps, but they won't shine quite the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

You'll be missed! Thanks for all the hard work and input over the years!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

But... how do we test people now..?

Thanks for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bloody hell how did we end up in this universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Any chance of one reply to my million pm's I sent you after I got banned from the cuckoo's nest? :p

Well amp, I wish you all the best in you're retirement from CMod anyway... :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,714 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

All in favour of keeping "Amp Test" on permanent life support, raise your hand..

(raises hand)

Thanks for being a legend Amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Can't wait for the Amp Comeback Special in Vegas :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

who will maintain the stupidity filter now? :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I don't suppose Pam wants to take your place? Enjoy the retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Best of luck ampers.

Try not to be a stranger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good luck amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good luck Amp.

Possibly the greatest retirement post ever. Hope you are still staying around

Re - the poker forums under the games category, perhaps they have gotten big enough now for there to be a 'Poker category' with Lafortezza as Cmod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

wow :(

All good things, I guess. We'll see you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You'll be back :)

Shame to see you go amp ol' KCer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are we sure this thread isn't an AMP test? :eek:

farewell thee

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

Best of luck Amp. Do keep updating the blog. One of the few I read.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

End of an era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Amp = TonyAlmeida2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Damn writer's strike and lack of 24 this year.

Fare thee well amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Shall never forget you pissed as a fart at one of the first few beers I was at a long, long time ago.

Have a good one fine sir, and godspeed .o>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Best of luck amp

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I guess there's a time in everyones life when you come to that fork in the road.
    Best of luck amp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Boards is like the north pole. Its a very cool place in parts. It has great characters like santa clause and those little elves. But with Amp retiring its like a great big chunk of the north pole (the bit with yellow snow) has broken off due to the result of global warming.

Global warming being the Poker form? :p:D

All joking aside, best of luck with what you decide to do next Amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Jaysus I'd say those hawk-like mods are salivating right now :)

Understandable really, 9 years is a long time...see you at the beers in future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best wishes for the future, amp. Glad that you will still be sticking around. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

aahhhh ampers you will be missed terribly :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement