Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put on 15 kilos in 2 months :)

Options
  • 23-06-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

I dunno if thats good or bad for the time frame, but im well chuffed

they got rid of the scales in our gym ages ago, so hadnt weighed myself in about 7 weeks

last time I checked I was 64kg

Bought my own one today, and now im jus about 80kg

Thanks for the advice in my diet thread, made SUCH a difference!

Yakshemash!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Jaysus man! Do ya have pictures?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Nah I never took any before pics, but ill hafta start takin some!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I hate to rain on your parade, but the chances of both measurements being accurate in relation to one another are unlikely. 15kg is about 33lbs or so, which is a lot of weight...

Then again, you don't mention if it's muscle or just fat, eating nothing but crap for 2 months probably will have that effect:)

Has there been any other differences, measurments? BF%?

I hate to rain on your parade, but the chances of both measurements being accurate in relation to one another are unlikely. 15kg is about 33lbs or so, which is a lot of weight...

Then again, you don't mention if it's muscle or just fat, eating nothing but crap for 2 months probably will have that effect:)

Has there been any other differences, measurments? BF%?
    I found pics i took back in March, so heres a b4 & after

b4afterwd5.jpg

MagicMarker
    Both scales are the same [manual] and i was wearin the same clothes
    I prob did put on a bit of extra fat, ill let ye know after my next assessment. think I was around 10% last time i was checked

But my diet in general has been pretty clean: lots of veg and meat, shakes, and nuts, eggs, milk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Regardless of the accuracy of the scales, thats a good amount of weight evident in the pics!

Good job dude...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Not wanting to sound crude but I reckon you are full of ****. Literally full of constipated **** and thats where 10lbs of that weight has gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

then again you had no weight before you started

Not wanting to sound crude but I reckon you are full of ****. Literally full of constipated **** and thats where 10lbs of that weight has gone.
    ehhh, no, my bowls are grand :)

Gillian McKeith would be proud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

unreggd wrote: »
    ehhh, no, my bowls are grand :)

Gillian McKeith would be proud
    I f*ckin hate that woman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Looks like you've made some really good progress there.

What camera did you use for the second picture?? (I'mi n the market for a new one and it seems to take really good shots)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Pull up your jeans a bit man! Almost caught a glimpse of the funzone! :(

Nice going on the weight thing btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Good work Unregged. If a person told me they gained 15kgs in 2 months I would have presumed that a large chunk of it was fat. Although, I wouldn't say thats the case from looking at your photos - fair play.

You should have taken the after photo in the same light. It might have even showed some better progress.

There's still lots more room for growth there too so keep lifting heavy and eating man.

edit -

Get a belt too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

fairplay man!
    last time i checked a few weeks ago i was 65 or so too.deadlifts a plenty and good food since then im interested in seeing the weight difference.I can notice the difference in the mirror anyway.

good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Not wanting to sound crude but I reckon there was no need for that.

Have an infraction for now. Any further posts like this will mean an immediate ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Good job with the eating! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

Great work man 15kilos in 2 months is unbelievable progress keep up the good work...

Hanley wrote: »
    What camera did you use for the second picture??
    Both taken with the Panasonic TZ3

Its an excellent all rounder

Thanks people!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Well done unreggd, that's excellent progress. You've gone from skinny whippet to a physique the average guy would be proud of. Add some more to the chest/shoulders and you'll be in very decent nick alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

unreggd wrote: »
    I dunno if thats good or bad for the time frame, but im well chuffed

they got rid of the scales in our gym ages ago, so hadnt weighed myself in about 7 weeks

last time I checked I was 64kg

Bought my own one today, and now im jus about 80kg

Thanks for the advice in my diet thread, made SUCH a difference!

Yakshemash!

Can you give a bit more info regarding your diet? I am 6 foot and weigh 160 pounds. I started lifting two weeks ago and have been consuming 200grams of protein a day along with lots of fruit and vegetables. I cycle 20kms a day to and from work, do Muay Thai fighting and play football 1 day a week plus I'm lifting 3 days a week.

Am I doing too much cardio related stuff to put on any weight? I'm not even sure if 160 is too much underweight and I don't look miserably skinny but I would like another stone of weight on my body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

thats some excellent gains in 8 weeks...savage!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ag marbh wrote: »
    Can you give a bit more info regarding your diet? I am 6 foot and weigh 160 pounds. I started lifting two weeks ago and have been consuming 200grams of protein a day along with lots of fruit and vegetables. I cycle 20kms a day to and from work, do Muay Thai fighting and play football 1 day a week plus I'm lifting 3 days a week.

Am I doing too much cardio related stuff to put on any weight? I'm not even sure if 160 is too much underweight and I don't look miserably skinny but I would like another stone of weight on my body.

To be honest if you're looking to bulk up you'red doing WAY too much cardio.In order to put on muscle you need a substantial calorie surplus over and above what you need to survive.Unless you're eating mega amounts of food with that sort of cardio you'll have a lot of trouble bulking up.If you want to keep the cardio you'll need to double the amount you're eating.I notice you've no carbs or fats in your diet,you need LOTS of these if you're predisposed to being skinny.Oh yeah,and lift heavy weights.With good diet and good training you should start to see weight gain in 3 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hi 5 for unreggd

Keep it up man, just keep upping the cals and lifting heavy.

One bit of advice is measure yourself at the same time every day, first thing in the morning after a pee. My weight varies by 5 kg every day. I wake up and weigh myself and its 81kg, just before bed when I have the days food in me I weigh 85-86kg

nice gains, wish I could put on 15kg in the next 2 months :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Degsy wrote: »
    To be honest if you're looking to bulk up you'red doing WAY too much cardio.In order to put on muscle you need a substantial calorie surplus over and above what you need to survive.Unless you're eating mega amounts of food with that sort of cardio you'll have a lot of trouble bulking up.If you want to keep the cardio you'll need to double the amount you're eating.I notice you've no carbs or fats in your diet,you need LOTS of these if you're predisposed to being skinny.Oh yeah,and lift heavy weights.With good diet and good training you should start to see weight gain in 3 months or so.

I tend to eat pasta or a baked potato with my protein.

What I am unsure of is good calories? How does one intake a huge amount of calories without eating alot of crap?

Ag marbh wrote: »
    I tend to eat pasta or a baked potato with my protein.

What I am unsure of is good calories? How does one intake a huge amount of calories without eating alot of crap?

Don't eat many processed foods and avoid overly sugary ones are my two rules. The stickies at the top of the forum have a list of foods I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Rebel_City

Hey unreggd - would you be able to post up your typical daily diet, so I/we can get an idea of what you've been doing to gain the weight? I know you've a huge appetite so it's diff for each individual, but would be great to have some insight! Cheee-ars!:)

[M1] Porrige + egg sandwich [2 eggs on wholegrain bread] + portion of meat [usually a piece of steak, or a round-mince burger]

[M2] 1/2 Shake

[M3] 2 diced chicken fillets or large tub of tuna + brown bread sandwich + fruit + nat yogurt + small pack of nuts + pint of milk

[M4] (dinner) Lean meat [usually steak or chicken fillets] + large portion of veg + milk
    *Burgers now and again. Made from round steak mince, on wholegrain baps

[M5] Wholegrain sandwiches with tuna/chicken fillets/eggs

[M6] 1/2 Shake with more milk

Thats about it. I try to just grab somethin to eat whenever im not doin anything. And if I want a snack between meals I make a small tuna sandwich, have some nuts, or some fruit

Im only having one whole shake a day, as they're Serious Mass and its the first time Im on it, so gonna change that to 2 whole shakes, and try add an extra meal in there

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Vegeta wrote: »
    One bit of advice is measure yourself at the same time every day, first thing in the morning after a pee. My weight varies by 5 kg every day. I wake up and weigh myself and its 81kg, just before bed when I have the days food in me I weigh 85-86kg

Are you sure you don't need to buy a new scales, a 5kg difference every day seems a bit extreme, a kg or two I could understand but 5??? Either that or your overloading yourself with water before you weigh yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

sharkDawg wrote: »
    Are you sure you don't need to buy a new scales, a 5kg difference every day seems a bit extreme, a kg or two I could understand but 5??? Either that or your overloading yourself with water before you way yourself?
    There is something amiss here. Having your weight vary by 1 stone a day is madness.

Likewise putting on 7.5kgs in a month is not a healthy thing to be doing.

sharkDawg wrote: »
    Are you sure you don't need to buy a new scales, a 5kg difference every day seems a bit extreme, a kg or two I could understand but 5??? Either that or your overloading yourself with water before you way yourself?

I don't know never really bothered me tbh.

First thing in the morning, empty stomach and just after peeing I weigh 81kg.

When I train in the evening about 7.30-8, I have light shorts n runners, plus a whole days food the scales read approx 5kg heavier.

It is an old scales (non digital type) maybe it needs replacing. I have done it no favours by stepping on it a few times with about 95kg on my back. Don't really care about accuracy as long as i can track growth and loss with it

In fact I ask everyone who's bothered to try this and see what your difference is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Vegeta wrote: »
    I don't know never really bothered me tbh.

First thing in the morning, empty stomach and just after peeing I weigh 81kg.

When I train in the evening about 7.30-8, I have light shorts n runners, plus a whole days food the scales read approx 5kg heavier.

It is an old scales (non digital type) maybe it needs replacing. I have done it no favours by stepping on it a few times with about 95kg on my back. Don't really care about accuracy as long as i can track growth and loss with it

In fact I ask everyone who's bothered to try this and see what your difference is.

(is it the same scales your using), the runners and shorts could account for nearly 2 kg's

Advertisement