Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

20% available on this Holdsworth Brevet with PRATOZB. Frame is Reynolds 853

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/DBCL000518/holdsworth-brevet-853-audax-bike---medium---matt-black---rival-22

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

The code does the following

2.920,99€ 2.336,79€

That's serious value, and the only way to get Di2 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

The code does the following

2.920,99€ 2.336,79€

That's serious value, and the only way to get Di2 IMO.

Have it in my basket just not sure on Planet X but awesome looking machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/aero-bikes-buyers-guide-215674

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's a horrendous looking paint job, that aside it really is excellent value.

DBCL000173_P1.JPG?v=y

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's a horrendous looking paint job, that aside it really is excellent value.

DBCL000173_P1.JPG?v=y

Perfect team bike for Lucan CRC or Longford CRC all the same! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Another 200 cheaper if you can pay in sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Weepsie wrote: »
    Another 200 cheaper if you can pay in sterling

You can pay in Sterling and let your bank handle the exchange rate, which is indeed @200 yoyos cheaper.

1839.99 British Pound equals 2101.51 Euro per google, that's exceptional value for an 11 speed Ultegra Full Carbon Di2 bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Or use Revolut and skip those pesky bank rates and charges!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Bambaata wrote: »
    Or use Revolut and skip those pesky bank rates and charges!!

Revolut is great. An absolute essential option for buying from UK sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Was looking at buying a few cycling jerseys and went on to the Vermarc site. Have bought from them before, found their gear to be high quality and they have a decent offer on bib shorts/tights/jersey/jacket here. Might be useful for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I got a fulcrum racing 5 wheelset from merlin cycles there. Complete with tubes and conti tyres and free delivery for 225.

Hard to refuse that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

Looks like this is finished ? Tried the code there.

jamesd wrote: »
    Looks like this is finished ? Tried the code there.

Code is for use on this today
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/deals/the-alphabet-sale
    Different deal each day I think

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

mosstin wrote: »
    Was looking at buying a few cycling jerseys and went on to the Vermarc site. Have bought from them before, found their gear to be high quality and they have a decent offer on bib shorts/tights/jersey/jacket here. Might be useful for some.

Thanks for that. What is their sizing like? I.E. realistic or italian?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

com1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. What is their sizing like? I.E. realistic or italian?

The couple of jerseys I have are pretty true. They do have a sizing guide on there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

mosstin wrote: »

I got that bundle a few years ago. Great value. Jacket doesn't breath all that well, so don't do what I did and wear it with a winter base layer and then get cooked alive in blistering late March sunshine struggling up Ballinascorney....

It's a regular fit, none of this Italian-gotta-go-two-sizes-up business.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

For those with AIB Visa cards, if you're registered for the new reward scheme then a 5% cashback offer for chain reaction cycles should have appeared in your offers.

I hadn't noticed it until today, expires in 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought this jersey >>> http://s.aliexpress.com/umE32Qre from AliExpress 2 weeks ago.

It arrived today and I'm absolutely delighted with it, superb quality and highly breathable. It's very lightweight and extremely well made. I wore it today in bright sunshine and 20 degree heat and the material is so soft and comfortable. I have ordered 3 other designs as I was so impressed with it. It has overtaken my Castelli, Sportful and Santini jerseys in terms of fitment and quality. Sizing is the same as Castelli and Sportful so if you take L in them then size L in this is your size however this jersey fits me better than any of the others as there is no puckering in the chest area when in the drops and I love the zip pocket on the rear for keys/money. For €16.50 delivered it's unbelievable quality and a definite bargain. I got the black/yellow jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

I bought this jersey >>> http://s.aliexpress.com/umE32Qre from AliExpress 2 weeks ago.

It arrived today and I'm absolutely delighted with it, superb quality and highly breathable. It's very lightweight and extremely well made. I wore it today in bright sunshine and 20 degree heat and the material is so soft and comfortable. I have ordered 3 other designs as I was so impressed with it. It has overtaken my Castelli, Sportful and Santini jerseys in terms of fitment and quality. Sizing is the same as Castelli and Sportful so if you take L in them then size L in this is your size however this jersey fits me better than any of the others as there is no puckering in the chest area when in the drops and I love the zip pocket on the rear for keys/money. For €16.50 delivered it's unbelievable quality and a definite bargain. I got the black/yellow jersey.

sorry, 16.50 all in? (including jersey + postage?) that's a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Mavic Cosmic Elite Clincher Wheelset 2017 - 25mm - Shimano/SRAM on Probikekit €287.54
    Make sure to use coupon to get the reduced price. Very tempted by these
    Tyres included

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-wheels/mavic-cosmic-elite-clincher-wheelset-2017/11368511.html
    Extra 10% off - use COMPO10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thanks just ordered. We should make an AliExpress thread with sellers & experiences with quality on there, still a bit of a lottery at times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭fat bloke

It arrived today and I'm absolutely delighted with it, superb quality and highly breathable. It's very lightweight and extremely well made. I wore it today in bright sunshine and 20 degree heat and the material is so soft and comfortable. I have ordered 3 other designs as I was so impressed with it. It has overtaken my Castelli, Sportful and Santini jerseys in terms of fitment and quality. Sizing is the same as Castelli and Sportful so if you take L in them then size L in this is your size however this jersey fits me better than any of the others as there is no puckering in the chest area when in the drops and I love the zip pocket on the rear for keys/money. For ?16.50 delivered it's unbelievable quality and a definite bargain. I got the black/yellow jersey.

Do they have matching shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭py

Thanks just ordered. We should make an AliExpress thread with sellers & experiences with quality on there, still a bit of a lottery at times

Picked up a bunch of Racmmer short sleeved jerseys in the past few months, all are working out great in our fine Irish summer. I sized down from their recommendations and it's worked well for me. Would recommened opting for "ali express shipping" option as when I didn't, it took 2 months to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

What coupon for the Mavics on PBK?

breanach78 wrote: »
    What coupon for the Mavics on PBK?

COMPO10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

That would be a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Louis Garneau Course helmet for €81.24 plus p&p if you are Medium and like Black.
    All other options are €162.49.

https://www.evanscycles.com/en-ie/louis-garneau-course-helmet-EV183901

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement