Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

RobertKK wrote: »
    Seems more people that could damage the Clintons have started to die.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-05/lead-attorney-anti-clinton-dnc-fraud-case-mysteriously-found-dead

The list keeps growing...

We have a forum for conspiracy theories. This one is for serious political discussion so please try to post more constructively.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We have a forum for conspiracy theories. This one is for serious political discussion so please try to post more constructively.

These people did die:

In the past 6 weeks or so:
    The person who served papers on the DNC over what they did to Sanders died on August 2nd - Shawn Lucas.
    Seth Conrad Rich who was 27 years old and was on his way to the FBI to give evidence against Hillary Clinton was murdered in Washington on July 8th.
    John Ashe who was to testify against the Clintons and the DNC, died after his throat got crushed on June 22nd
    Mike Flynn died on the day he published 'Clinton's cash: Bill, Hillary created their own Chinese Foundation in 2014' June 23rd.

This is not a conspiracy, these are facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Amerika wrote: »
    I did comment on the Kahn controversy. I commented that then the Kahn's went on national television at the Democratic convention to trash Trump, their hands-off Gold Star protection became null and void and that they were fair game. The same as the mother of the fallen hero to gave his life trying to protect our ambassador at the GOP convention. Hillary Clinton went on to call the Gold Star parents liars. Yet the media gave it no attention, and Trump's actions were non stop news. Is that fair media reporting?

And The New York Times ponders whether the media’s Operation Get Trump is justified. Their conclusion… Why, yes… Of course… Journalistic integrity be damned! Because, well, just because… TRUMP!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/business/balance-fairness-and-a-proudly-provocative-presidential-candidate.html

Several television news reports have cut away when things negative about Clinton were being reported. Watch some of the videos...

http://www.infowars.com/video-abc-cuts-live-stream-when-trump-starts-talking-about-hillarys-support-for-isis/

Yes, I'm sensitive to liberal media bias. Everybody, no matter which side of the political aisle your on, should be. And my account of what happened on MSNBC this morning is correct. It may take a couple of days for the video to become available, but when it does I'll post it.

Look, I don't read or watch MSNBC, Fox News either. Yes, there are biased media sources on both sides, focusing on 1 to the detriment of the opposite ones is, well, biased!

I'm not dismissing your links either and it could well be you've a point but Trump won the campaign because of his controversial views and the media love him, they give them copy. If he was boring Republicans would be complaining he wasn't getting enough attention but they've got a guy who loves being in the glare of the media, it's a double edged sword.

The Democrats are running a pretty boring, uninspired yet competent campaign, but that's all they have to do atm if Trump keeps doing a Trump. All they have to do is wait for him to trip up which he'll inevitably do. As was posted his campaign team is actually doing a decent job, if only he'd let them get on with it!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

These people did die:

In the past 6 weeks or so:
    The person who served papers on the DNC over what they did to Sanders died on August 2nd - Shawn Lucas.
    Seth Conrad Rich who was 27 years old and was on his way to the FBI to give evidence against Hillary Clinton was murdered in Washington on July 8th.
    John Ashe who was to testify against the Clintons and the DNC, died after his throat got crushed on June 22nd
    Mike Flynn died on the day he published 'Clinton's cash: Bill, Hillary created their own Chinese Foundation in 2014' June 23rd.

This is not a conspiracy, these are facts.

The facts are that these people died , the conspiracy theory is that their deaths had anything whatsoever to with some secret Clinton Cabal bent on silencing all those who challenge the Clinton family..

Seth Conrad Rich - No evidence whatsoever that he was going to see the FBI about the Clintons or anything else.

Shawn Lucas - Killing the messenger? , Really?

John Ashe - Not going to be testifying against the Clintons , at all. He was starting pre-trial hearings regarding his own charges of corruption.

Mike Flynn - There's actually nothing out there on this other than standard obituary stuff , the guy just passed away.. Not even the outer fringe types are trying to tie this one to Clinton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

K-9 wrote: »
    Look, I don't read or watch MSNBC, Fox News either. Yes, there are biased media sources on both sides, focusing on 1 to the detriment of the opposite ones is, well, biased!

I'm not dismissing your links either and it could well be you've a point but Trump won the campaign because of his controversial views and the media love him, they give them copy. If he was boring Republicans would be complaining he wasn't getting enough attention but they've got a guy who loves being in the glare of the media, it's a double edged sword.

The Democrats are running a pretty boring, uninspired yet competent campaign, but that's all they have to do atm if Trump keeps doing a Trump. All they have to do is wait for him to trip up which he'll inevitably do. As was posted his campaign team is actually doing a decent job, if only he'd let them get on with it!

I don’t watch Fox News either (edit... although I did watch them on a regular basis years ago). I would much rather watch left leaning media in order to view, first-hand, their biases... which is mostly everyone other than Fox News. I listen to NPR on the radio, and read news from very many sources, both left and right.

This week Trump is giving economic speeches. Let’s see if the media reports more on the content of his speeches or the one off-kilter statement he makes. And if they do report on his economics, will they be tearing everything down piece by piece? Hillary Clinton's position on the economy is heavily using her jobs record in New York while she was a Senator as her ability to create jobs. Will the press be reporting that she was unable to pass any substantial legislation to the benefit the upstate NY economy, or that the primary people who benefited from her efforts were people who donated to her campaigns and the Clinton Foundation? I think we know the media will concentrate on any off color statement Trump makes, use every available means to discredit Trump’s plans to create jobs, and completely ignore Hillary’s inability to do what she touts as her strength as opposed to Trumps.

Here is some good reading on Clinton and her jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/as-senator-clinton-promised-200000-jobs-in-upstate-new-york-her-efforts-fell-flat/2016/08/07/339d3384-58d2-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

And I must admit I’m shocked it came from the Washington Post. They must have short-circuited and had a momentary lapse of journalistic integrity. I’m pretty sure it won’t happen again.

Personally, I think the media is sorry they gave Trump so much air-time in the beginning, and as a result helped enable his rise to political power. I think they have remorse for their role early on and are now overcompensating by doing everything they can to take him down at every possible step. At this point I don't believe the media is capable of reporting on Trump in a fair manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Another day, another Trumpster fire: Trump has backtracked on his claim that he watched a video of the US paying Iran c.$400m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I would much rather watch left leaning media in order to view, first-hand, their biases...

Another fresh reminder for us...

F1.large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Trump needs to be hammering the message about the economy, low paid jobs, gloabalism etc. That's his ticket to winning, or at least a real go at it.

He doesn't need to reinforce his stuff about Muslims, terrorism etc., everybody is set either way on that anyway and if anything he'll lose support from Republicans who are uneasy at what he is saying. He doesn't need to double down on it, his base already are convinced on the issue!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Another day, another Trumpster fire: Trump has backtracked on his claim that he watched a video of the US paying Iran c.$400m.

That is odd that he backed off on it. I remember last week seeing the video I believe he was referencing. If he visited the Drudge Report, it had an article linked to a story and the video.

You can see the video I am talking about here...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725770/Could-Trump-right-Propaganda-film-suggests-Iran-DID-videotape-cash-drop-plane-photograph-shipment-cash-January-prisoner-swap.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I don’t watch Fox News either (edit... although I did watch them on a regular basis years ago). I would much rather watch left leaning media in order to view, first-hand, their biases... which is mostly everyone other than Fox News. I listen to NPR on the radio, and read news from very many sources, both left and right.

This week Trump is giving economic speeches. Let’s see if the media reports more on the content of his speeches or the one off-kilter statement he makes. And if they do report on his economics, will they be tearing everything down piece by piece? Hillary Clinton's position on the economy is heavily using her jobs record in New York while she was a Senator as her ability to create jobs. Will the press be reporting that she was unable to pass any substantial legislation to the benefit the upstate NY economy, or that the primary people who benefited from her efforts were people who donated to her campaigns and the Clinton Foundation? I think we know the media will concentrate on any off color statement Trump makes, use every available means to discredit Trump’s plans to create jobs, and completely ignore Hillary’s inability to do what she touts as her strength as opposed to Trumps.

Here is some good reading on Clinton and her jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/as-senator-clinton-promised-200000-jobs-in-upstate-new-york-her-efforts-fell-flat/2016/08/07/339d3384-58d2-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

And I must admit I’m shocked it came from the Washington Post. They must have short-circuited and had a momentary lapse of journalistic integrity. I’m pretty sure it won’t happen again.

Personally, I think the media is sorry they gave Trump so much air-time in the beginning, and as a result helped enable his rise to political power. I think they have remorse for their role early on and are now overcompensating by doing everything they can to take him down at every possible step. At this point I don't believe the media is capable of reporting on Trump in a fair manner.

How do you feel about Trump's economic policies? Are you happy that they'll increase the deficit by $11.2 TRILLION?

Don't give me what about Clinton. You're voting Trump, are you supportive of his economic plan.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    How do you feel about Trump's economic policies? Are you happy that they'll increase the deficit by $11.2 TRILLION?

Don't give me what about Clinton. You're voting Trump, are you supportive of his economic plan.

Why not say it will cost $25 TRILLION? Odd, I was under the understanding that the finished product of his plan wouldn’t come out until this week. And I understand the plan now would cost about $3 trillion, and have some additional taxes placed on the rich. What I don’t see reported anywhere are estimates on the benefit to the government in the way of increased tax revenues from a growing economy as a result of his economic plan. And I understand his tax plan very much resembles Paul Ryan’s plan.

I got an alert on my phone from CNBC.
    Donald Trump just made a major change to his tax plan.
    Calling for a top income tax rate of 33% instead of 25%.

Trump giving his major economic policy speech right now, so far three separate interruptions by three protesters.
    He is giving it in Detroit.

Now a fourth protester removed.

Trump says he want to reach out to everyone, says Clinton spent her entire career raising taxes, and she has said she wants to raise taxes on the middle class.
    Trump says the rich will pay their fair share, but he will reduce taxes on the middle classes.

Now a fifth protester remover.

Trump says he will remove tax loopholes and deductions that people from Wall street and people like himself use to lower their taxes.

Now a sixth protester.

Trump says many workers will be on a zero tax rate, he did say he would help the poor.

The details of the proposals will be released in the coming days.

Now a seventh protester remover.

Now attacking Clinton's record.

Now an eight protester removed.

Trump giving his major economic policy speech right now, so far three separate interruptions by three protesters.
    He is giving it in Detroit.

Makes sense for Trump to hold the speech in Detroit. Detroit, once a great and thriving city, is now synonymous with failure and decline, and a shining example of Democratic rule through reckless government spending, placating to unions, enabling crime, and incompetent governance.

On a more positive note, property values have dropped so much you can buy homes in the crime-ridden Detroit for about $500 (Unfortunately you probably won’t live long enough to enjoy it).

A ninth protester removed.

Trump is keeping his cool about it all and sticking to script.

Now a tenth protester removed.

Trump talking about the jobs Clinton promised New York which never materalised.
    Attacking the increasing of the national debt by more than double by the Obama administration.

Now an eleventh protester removed.

This time he did attack the protesters saying Bernie Sanders supporters had more energy.
    Now talking about the low participation rate in the labour force, says the 5% unemployment rate is a lie.

Now a 12th protester removed.

Trump saying business taxes are too high, he says the system is backwards as it encourages businesses to move production overseas.
    Trump says the most a business will pay in taxes will be 15%.
    Says he will reduce the number of regulations, and there will be no more tax inversions.
    Says these policies will belefit low to medium income families.
    Child care will be tax deductible.
    Money parked overseas will be able to bring that money home with a 10% tax.
    Death tax will be removed.

Trump says he wants jobs and wealth to stay in America.

Now a fourth protester removed.

Trump says he want to reach out to everyone, says Clinton spent her entire career raising taxes, and she has said she wants to raise taxes on the middle class.
    Trump says the rich will pay their fair share, but he will reduce taxes on the middle classes.

Now a fifth protester remover.

Trump says he will remove tax loopholes and deductions that people from Wall street and people like himself use to lower their taxes.

Now a sixth protester.

Trump says many workers will be on a zero tax rate, he did say he would help the poor.

The details of the proposals will be released in the coming days.

Now a seventh protester remover.

Now attacking Clinton's record.

Now an eight protester removed.
    A ninth protester removed.

Trump is keeping his cool about it all and sticking to script.

Now a tenth protester removed.

Trump talking about the jobs Clinton promised New York which never materalised.
    Attacking the increasing of the national debt by more than double by the Obama administration.

Now an eleventh protester removed.

This time he did attack the protesters saying Bernie Sanders supporters had more energy.
    Now talking about the low participation rate in the labour force, says the 5% unemployment rate is a lie.

Now a 12th protester removed.

Trump saying business taxes are too high, he says the system is backwards as it encourages businesses to move production overseas.
    Trump says the most a business will pay in taxes will be 15%.
    Says he will reduce the number of regulations, and there will be no more tax inversions.
    Says these policies will belefit low to medium income families.
    Child care will be tax deductible.
    Money parked overseas will be able to bring that money home with a 10% tax.
    Death tax will be removed.

Trump says he wants jobs and wealth to stay in America.
    How can this be? Aren’t Democrats the party of Inclusion and Tolerance? I’m soooo confused. :confused:

How can this be? Aren’t Democrats the party of Inclusion and Tolerance? I’m soooo confused. :confused:

Can you tell me how this post makes sense in the context of replying to the post above?

they/them/theirs

Can you tell me how this post makes sense in the context of replying to the post above?

Amerika is referring to the protesters who kept interrupting, seems they have all been removed at this stage.

Some of us are just interested in what Trump is offering the American people, rather than trying to drown him out like those protesters were trying to do.

The protesters are most certainly not republicans and instead aligned with the Democratic party. Heck, it’s even been proven from the DNC email releases that the DNC organized protests to Trump events. It just goes to help prove the Democrats preach Inclusion and Tolerance, but the actions of the protesters speak louder than words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He has his figures well rehearsed for this speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Amerika is referring to the protesters who kept interrupting, seems they have all been removed at this stage.

Some of us are just interested in what Trump is offering the American people, rather than trying to drown him out like those protesters were trying to do.

At least we can be thankful he is having them removed instead of beaten up , :)

marienbad wrote: »
    At least we can be thankful he is having them removed instead of beaten up , :)
    It's usually Trump supporters that get beaten up or shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

It's usually Trump supporters that get beaten up or shot.

At Trump rallies !! They really are out of control :)

Now a 13th protester removed.

Trump says he is not against trade deals, but he is against trade deals they are taken advantage of.

Now Trump is a doing a pro-coal, oil, gas and steel talk. How Clinton would remove jobs in these areas.
    Trump says he will left energy restrictions which will create $500 billion a year in revenue and half a million jobs.

Now a 14th protester removed.

Talked about education , healthcare, law and order and military reform.
    More support for veterans.

Says his presidency will lead to the next generation of roads, railways, airports and seaports being built, with American built cars on these roads, the cars using American produced energy, and American steel will build new skyscrapers.

Says 'we need to stop believing in politicians and instread believe in our great country.'

Trump says he wants the people dream big.

Well delivered by Trump and it will be popular in my opinion.

The protesters are most certainly not republicans and instead aligned with the Democratic party. Heck, it’s even been proven from the DNC email releases that the DNC organized protests to Trump events. It just goes to help prove the Democrats preach Inclusion and Tolerance, but the actions of the protesters speak louder than words.

In what manner does protesting against a racist demagogue contradict "Inclusion and Tolerance"? Do you feel that bigotry and intolerance deserve tolerance?

I'm genuinely bamboozled at the point you're trying to make.

If I protest a KKK rally am I being intolerant? Should I be inclusive and stay silent while the KKK have their say?

Are the protestors shouting racist abuse? Are they attempting deny Trump his right to speak based on his skin colour, sexual preference, religion, race etc. ? How are the protestor being intolerant?

Yes they're like Dem supporters, but there are large swathes of GOP supporters coming out against Trump. Is everyone intolerant or just the protestor?

they/them/theirs

Now a 13th protester removed.

Trump says he is not against trade deals, but he is against trade deals they are taken advantage of.

Now Trump is a doing a pro-coal, oil, gas and steel talk. How Clinton would remove jobs in these areas.
    Trump says he will left energy restrictions which will create $500 billion a year in revenue and half a million jobs.

Now a 14th protester removed.

Talked about education , healthcare, law and order and military reform.
    More support for veterans.

Says his presidency will lead to the next generation of roads, railways, airports and seaports being built, with American built cars on these roads, the cars using American produced energy, and American steel will build new skyscrapers.

Says 'we need to stop believing in politicians and instread believe in our great country.'

Trump says he wants the people dream big.

Well delivered by Trump and it will be popular in my opinion.

To sum up: I can make it the 1950s again. He can't and won't.

they/them/theirs

marienbad wrote: »
    At Trump rallies !! They really are out of control :)
    Seemingly everywhere! Once it reaches bars, then we're talking out of control. :)

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/08/08/trump-voter-shot-after-political-debate-spurs-shooting/

He has his figures well rehearsed for this speech.

He used a teleprompter, but he was like a natural with it.

• Advertisement

2 men argue in a pub. One man shoots the other. Must be persecution of Trump supporters?

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement