Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public service announcement from your friendly local moderators

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Got 2 bottles of Prosecco, bottle of red, bottle of white and 24 bottles of Corona.
    Will sell some of it at exorbitant prices if anyone is stuck

Sooner do my best Bear Grylls impression tbh than drink any of that stuff Kaiser! :pac:

Have you any hennessy in the back of the boot there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Doing a Nelson Muntz point and laugh from London

Pub later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

weiland79 wrote: »
    Did anyone remember to tell the stag parties from the UK this year?

One of my favorite Good Friday activities is strolling through Temple Bar on a friday afternoon to amuse myself by watching the hoards of bewildered Brits shambling about the streets dressed up in fairy wings and L-plates, slack jawed with stunned, uncomprehending faces that suggest they might believe that they have wandered through the looking glass into an alternative universe in which Ireland is a dry and sober nation.
    Some can be seen sobbing in the gutters, overwhelmed by inhumanity of it all while others go into survival mode and stalk about attempting to meet the challenge of this alcohol barren wasteland like Bear Grylls, filtering last night's spatted vomit from the gutters through the tights he's wearing in an attempt to distill from it whatever alcohol that might be gleaned....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Sooner do my best Bear Grylls impression tbh than drink any of that stuff Kaiser! :pac:

Have you any hennessy in the back of the boot there? :D

Nah, but how bout I pour some petrol into an empty bottle? There'd be little difference in taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Nah, but how bout I pour some petrol into an empty bottle? There'd be little difference in taste

That reminds me of the time I was out visiting my grandfather in law round Christmas about nine years ago (see edit). He was passing out the whiskey and I didn't want to be getting too drunk and make a bad impression, etc.

I spotted a bottle of 7UP beside his armchair, "Aye, try some of that in it" he says.

Fùcking blew the tonsils off me! :pac:

What was in the 7UP bottle only poitin, and me thinking it was just flat 7up! :D

"Drink some water now in the morning and you'll be drunk again" he says!

Gas man, dead now but even on his last night in the hospital he'd a woodbine in one hand and a can of Guinness in the other! :D

EDIT: My wife just informed me her grandfather is dead about seven years! How the fcuk I remembered it like it was only two years ago... never was much good with time anyway! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Northern Ireland is open for business on good friday.
    'cept up there everyone gets the day off

not just bankers and civil servants

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You can drink if you're a hotel resident? I did not know this.
    Yuss.
    or on a train

or on a train

But I drove.....to my hotel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Got 2 bottles of Prosecco, bottle of red, bottle of white and 24 bottles of Corona.

Thinly veiled something something something.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Its that time of year again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Woot. Chocolate eggs for all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hotels for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hotels for everyone

Wana share again?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sauve wrote: »
    Wana share again?

You can't share hotels when you play monopoly. how many times do i have to tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Worthless peon finds secret mod discussion on annual coke and hookers party, waits patiently for location disclosure...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sauve wrote: »
    Wana share again?

Okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I have six cans of Cisk and a bunch of bananas in my fridge if anyone wants to join me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its that time of year again.

*sticks fingers in ears*

I CANT HEAR YOU

LA DE LA DE DAA

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Just found out work paid me a day early.

Thats a sign if i ever saw one to stock up on booze tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'll raise a glass to you all tomorrow night :)

mwhahahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

LizT wrote: »

mwhahahahahahaha

That reminds me, mustn't forget to buy butter for the rasher and sausage sandwiches for the morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Lets have a boards alcoparty tomorrow....yeahhh.

Oh no wait, I'll be in Liverpool......yeahhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hell Ram

No bars on Good Friday for some! Miniature flags advocating the sale of alcohol on Good Friday for other's!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I herd if u drink de red wine on gud Friday it turns into blud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Yes, they can. I know a few places in Dublin City centre Town did it last year.

Although I wonder why you'd go to a club with about 2.5 hours left, 10 euro in and 7 euro a drink

Just to poke the fish in the eye. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

what??? you mean this year is no different than any other year? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

LizT wrote: »

mwhahahahahahaha

I hope you get arrested!

I'll be drunk anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just as well I have Herr Schneider currently resting up in the fridge I guess...

danniemcq wrote: »
    You can't share hotels when you play monopoly. how many times do i have to tell you
    If you play Israeli monopoly you can put your houses on Palestine's streets.

https://i.imgur.com/TuzcYi1.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement