Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public service announcement from your friendly local moderators

Options
  • 28-03-2013 1:01pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello folks.

Tomorrow is a religious holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary.

As a result of this the off licences and bars and restaurants in Ireland will not be serving alcohol.

Please do not call around to my house with no booze and attempt to steal my booze because you did not "realise" the off licence was closed.

Irish law dictates you must now buy at least 4 times more than any human could possibly ever drink and attempt to drink this all tomorrow while cursing just whoever made you have to resort to this.

Please do not start any more threads about not being able to booze on good friday. We know. Now you know too.

This concludes today's public service announcement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Drug dealers business as usual however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Hello folks.

Tomorrow is a religious holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary.

As a result of this the off licences and bars and restaurants in Ireland will not be serving alcohol.

Please do not call around to my house with no booze and attempt to steal my booze because you did not "realise" the off licence was closed.

Irish law dictates you must now buy at least 4 times more than any human could possibly ever drink and attempt to drink this all tomorrow while cursing just whoever made you have to resort to this.

Please do not start any more threads about not being able to booze on good friday. We know. Now you know too.

This concludes today's public service announcement.
    What about the north? can u still buy up there?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

triple-M wrote: »
    What about the north? can u still buy up there?

Northern Ireland is open for business on good friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Northern Ireland is open for business on good friday.

What about us brain dead slobs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

NothingMan wrote: »

You'll be given bad hand jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

More drink? Waaahaaaayyyyy!
    I'm sorry de bars closed.
    Waaahaaayy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

So does this mean we don't get the annual "why can't I buy drink/can I go to a nightclub at midnight because I need to drink" topics?

Because if so, I don't like this announcement at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I need another drink after treading this .

/sips tea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Did anyone remember to tell the stag parties from the UK this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

And this is sticked why exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

And this is sticky why exactly?

Dr B had an accident. Don't mention it, he's embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

If anybody is looking for someone to blame when they cant purchase alcohol tomorrow, look no further than the Romans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

LizT wrote: »
    Dr B had an accident. Don't mention it, he's embarrassed.

Is he alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I would also like to remind people that, for some strange reason, you should only eat fish tomorrow. No meat, just fish. Pork Chops are out, and burgers are an absolute No-No. Fish Fingers are okay, so go for your life. Hotdogs don't have any meat in them, so you should be okay with that. A McFish McSandwich McThingyemebob is also okay, as long as you have a reckless disregard for your continued survival.

Whale is not allowed, because it is a mammal, not a fish. Same goes for Dolphin. Shark fin is fine, so go ahead with those.

I once tried to have a burger on Good Friday, but I was told that just because I had kept the cow in a tank of water (with goggles, snorkel and flippers, for his convenience, of course) during lent, that did not mean it was a fish. The church seems to be a stickler about that. The ISPCC wasn't too happy either, come to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I would also like to remind people that, for some strange reason, you should only eat fish tomorrow. No meat, just fish. Pork Chops are out, and burgers are an absolute No-No. Fish Fingers are okay, so go for your life. Hotdogs don't have any meat in them, so you should be okay with that. A McFish McSandwich McThingyemebob is also okay, as long as you have a reckless disregard for your continued survival.

Whale is not allowed, because it is a mammal, not a fish. Same goes for Dolphin. Shark fin is fine, so go ahead with those.

I once tried to have a burger on Good Friday, but I was told that just because I had kept the cow in a tank of water (with goggles, snorkel and flippers, for his convenience, of course) during lent, that did not mean it was a fish. The church seems to be a stickler about that. The ISPCC wasn't too happy either, come to think of it.

What about Spice Burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I was going to start a thread about not being able to buy drink tomorrow but I took an arrow to the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Anyone wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

Did you try and eat some children too???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Just one question: Can clubs and late bars open at midnight tomorrow night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Yes, they can. I know a few places in Dublin City centre did it last year.

Although I wonder why you'd go to a club with about 2.5 hours left, 10 euro in and 7 euro a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Nothing to stop them legally AFAIK but it seems its not worth their while money wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

NothingMan wrote: »

You'll all be given cushy jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Yes, they can. I know a few places in Dublin City centre did it last year.

Although I wonder why you'd go to a club with about 2.5 hours left, 10 euro in and 7 euro a drink

If you know the right places in Dublin, you can sesh on until 4/5AM ;)
    TBH I rarely head into town before 11.30 anyway, usually arrive in a club around 12 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

If you know the right places in Dublin, you can sesh on until 4/5AM ;)
    shhhuuutt uuuuppp. Seriously though, do tell. (besides lillies)

Paulyh wrote: »
    Did you try and eat some children too???

Ahhh BOLLOX!!

Anyone wrote: »

I think they might have traces of meat DNA. You might be sanctioned on a technicality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Plenty of boozers selling Drink tomorrow if you know where to look ;)

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Plenty of boozers selling Drink tomorrow if you know where to look ;)

Yeah, problem is they'll put you to work painting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I LOVES ME GARGLE SO I DOES

Advertisement