Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SAUER 2002 problem

• 16-04-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi lads, i have a Sauer 202 and somehow lost the screw located at the front of the stock ( see the pic it will make more sense , the sling is not on it anymore ). Because of that the barrel moves and the rifle shoots where it feels like.
    Anybody knows where to get a replacement ? what kind of screw is it ?
    Thank you

picture.php?albumid=2367&pictureid=15101

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Markhor

Contact John Butler of Griffen Hawe Athy Co. Kildare, he should be able to get you a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stef22

Thanks Markhor.
    Anybody knows what kind of screw it is ? i guess it actually hold the stock and barrel together , right ?

Many thanks

Thanks RoHunter.
    you are right on this , i need a long arm 5 mm allen key to "get" to the screw located inside the forend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Good luck with that. Assuming you don't have the original key that came with the gun.

Had the same issue on my old Sauer. I lost the Allen Key and needed the stock removed to have some work done on the barrel/crown. Could not find an Allen key long enough anywhere. Rang Sauer and they said they don't send out replacement keys. Ended up buying a couple of keys, cutting & welding them, and using it.

You can try Griffin & Hawe as they were/are the main importer/agent for Sauer. Alternatively go about making your own.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

the longest i found so far is 154 mm ( long arm) but that is not enough
    i can get the set from Garland in the UK but for £45 + postage , Griffin didn't come back to me.
    it looks like it will a DIY job

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It needs to be at least 8-9" long.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Pm me your address I will send you the key. Its not the Sauer genuine, but will work fine, I tried it myself. I dont use it so you can have it foc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

There are 14 inch ones for sale on Amazon if anyone is looking for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

stef22 wrote: »
    the longest i found so far is 154 mm ( long arm) but that is not enough
    i can get the set from Garland in the UK but for £45 + postage , Griffin didn't come back to me.
    it looks like it will a DIY job

Have you contacted Sauer?

thanks all for the help.
    yes contacted SAUER , they told me to go to distributor here or in UK.
    contacted John Butler , was very helpfull.

Anyway thanks to zlezlius for offering to send me the key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Posted out yesterday,you should be getting it today.

Advertisement