Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

http://prntscr.com/6pytok

changed the stock and barrel on my 10/22

16" ultra light weight Kidd barrel
    Kidd drop in trigger kit
    Fajen target stock
    Kidd scalloped bolt

VhO5Vap.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭clivej

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    http://prntscr.com/6pytok

changed the stock and barrel on my 10/22

16" ultra light weight Kidd barrel
    Kidd drop in trigger kit
    Fajen target stock
    Kidd scalloped bolt

VhO5Vap.png

Looking good there Tommy. Got yourself a good stock as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

So many parts about the gaf, I decided to get a bolt and a few bits and completed yet another build.:o
    kidd_50_zps4p3dl1r2.jpg

Now to get some time at the range!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭clivej

FISMA wrote: »
    So many parts about the gaf, I decided to get a bolt and a few bits and completed yet another build.:o
    kidd_50_zps4p3dl1r2.jpg

I can see one very important part missing from that little setup.

The NUT behind the trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

clivej wrote: »
    I can see one very important part missing from that little setup.

The NUT behind the trigger

Timney on everything Except my Ruger 10 /22, that has to be Kidd :)
    BTW love the Boyds Stock, Tried to get to get a Barracuda, but its over the $100 treshold and they wont ship it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

20150610_212721_zpsazcyfqbd.jpg

20150610_212819_zpsr2suh9yz.jpg

20150610_212812_zpsd4qf5tl7.jpg

My bunch.
    .308 Voere
    .22 hornet Krico
    .22 airgun Cometa Fenix
    12 gauge SxS Urgatechea
    20 gauge Bettinsoli
    12 gauge bettinsoli

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Great collection thanks for showing it here:cool::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭German pointer

New toy finally arrived Tikka T3 Stainless Varmint in .270 with 20" barrel in a GRS Stock and my Steiner Tactical 3-12X56 FFP on top

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Picked this up the other week and have been so involved in testing it, and in essence learning about it i never bothered to stick up a picture. So here it is.

Remington VTR R-15 in .223 caliber. I drilled and tapped the fore guard and added a 3 inch piece of picatinny rail to allow me to attach a vertical grip. I could have just screwed it into the existing holes, but did not want to sacrifice the QD stud and attachment point for the Harris bipod/sling.

Still testing her on different ammo, but so far i've found she only likes 55gr or higher and only in BT/FMJ. No hollow points, and definitely not in anything under 55 gr. Otherwise you end up with a .223 "Shotgun". :D

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Did you think anymore about the camo job on that scope Cass?

• Advertisement

Yes and no.

After my thread i was thinking "feck it", i don't need it. Then when i brought the rifle home and seen the scope, etc. and how it stands out (not too much) from the rest it crossed my mind to have another think about it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Cass wrote: »
    After my thread i was thinking "feck it", i don't need it.
    My thoughts exactly.
    ...crossed my mind to have another think about it.

I would wrap a bit of camo tape around a few places and be done. However, some people have complained that the tape holds moisture.

Another quick fix would be a one piece cover.

FISMA. wrote: »
    However, some people have complained that the tape holds moisture.
    And it's for that exact reason camo tape would never be an option, to me anyway. I've seen the same with bullet pouches (you the ones that you wrap around/on your stock). Even if it's not raining walking through the fields on a damp/misty night it'll "absorb" the moisture and if left untreated can cause damage (however subtle) over time.
    Another quick fix would be a one piece cover.
    That's handy.

The thing is i only considered painting the scope as an aesthetics thing. It has no functional improvement on the working of the rifle. Now that i think about it i might just leave things well enough alone. I have a habit of changing scopes and rifles with scary frequency so doing something that would not appeal to everyone is probably not the best practice, plus if it's not something i "have to" have then there is no point in trying to convince myself or have others do it for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Yes and no.

After my thread i was thinking "feck it", i don't need it. Then when i brought the rifle home and seen the scope, etc. and how it stands out (not too much) from the rest it crossed my mind to have another think about it.
    I think you have enough black on the barrel ,bi pod and magazine to compliment the mounts and scope , it is not like its all camo and the scope stands out like a sore thumb.

Exactly.

Mind made up so. Leave it as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yup I'd leave well enough alone too. If you ever change the stock or hand-guard to something else, it'll probably be black, and then the scope will suit it even more.

I like the contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

The Girls at the range.
    ruger 10/22 , r700 .300 winmag, r700 .308

dh87t3h.jpg

Very nice.

What stock is on the 300wm?

Getting geared up for next Sunday? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

Very nice.

What stock is on the 300wm?

Getting geared up for next Saturday? :D
    Its the new MDT LSS-XL . a redesign of the older shorter one.
    Christ you scared me , the comp is on the 23 sunday. ya ill be down on saterday

Ziggieire wrote: »
    Its the new MDT LSS-XL . a redesign of the older shorter one.
    Lovely stock, and seemingly a good/lighter alternative to the likes of AICS, etc.
    Christ you scared me , the comp is on the 23 sunday. ya ill be down on saterday
    Sorry about that. I have a habit of saying next Saturday for everything bar the one coming. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

This is my remington sps .308 tac acc-sd bought of another boards member.
    I added a HS precision stock, KRG bolt handle and a wildcat evo topped with a handy little zeiss diatel 6x42
    Second photo is 2 shots at exactly 100 yards with hornaday 168g hollow point bthp match

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Started to get all the bits together for my new Tikka T3, 308, 1/13 Lilja 3 groove barrel at 22". New E-Tac3 stock made extremely light to see if there are any weak points. Stock alone came out of the mould at 550 grams (19.4 oz)or including adjustable cheek 610 grams ( 21.6 oz) Finished weight including top and bottom bedding, cheek raiser mechanics, recoil pad and swivel studs will be well under 800 grams. In the meantime fitted the AICS mag system although the original mags are not too bad. Not sure yet what moderator will be fitted.
    Goal is to have a heavy barrelled rifle with adjustable tactical stock that weighs around or under 3.5kg and as a complete setup has it's vertical COG on the line of recoil.
    I also received a three position firing pin safety from ASH that will replace the plastic shroud.
    The little black lump next to the threaded aftermarket bolt handle is a solid lump of carbon made from a single roving, this will be shaped into a bolt knob. Light, strong and looks good.

Progress so far.
    DSCN2508_zpsmtnfk2jx.jpg

Just out the mould.

DSCN2482_zpsfdxelv9b.jpg

edi

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

Looking good Edi. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

http://prntscr.com/9tzlf5

recently changed everything i had. picture of all the new toys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    http://prntscr.com/9tzlf5

recently changed everything i had. picture of all the new toys :D

Cant see your other half's rolling pin !!

Found an old camera and charged the battery. The photos were from 6 years ago this week (funny that). These were the guns i owned at the time. From the top we have:
    • Sauer SSG 205 in 6.5x55. Topped off with NF 8-32 NXS scope, and NF rings. Alsoattached were the aperture sights from Sig.
    • Sako TRG in .308. NF 8-32 NXS scope, and NF rings. Sako Muzzle break attached.
    • Anschutz 1710D in .22lr. Tasco 4-16 scope, and some generic rings.
    • Anschutz MPR 64 in .22lr. Swift premier in 6-24 scope and again some generic rings.
    • Beretta 682 Gold E sporting with 32" barrels, multi choke and extended Optima Chokes.
    • Beretta 686 Gold E Sporting with 30" barrels, multi choke.
    • Sig Sauer P220 X-Zone in 9mm with front compensator.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Love the Beretta 682 Gold E sporting with 32" barrels, multi choke and extended Optima Chokes. Right up my street

It was a sweet tool alright. Sorry i got rid of it, but it paid for another one. Maybe i'll win the lotto tonight and treat myself to a new 692. :D

Must get my current collection together and stick up a picture. Very different now to then.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

223 rem in PSE Hunter, 6.5-20x50 conquest

DSC_1115_zpsalza4m59.jpg

E-Tac3 308 S&B 3-20x50 PMII Ultra Short

IMG_0062_zpsap4atoaq.jpg

400m%20SampB%20ultra%20short_zpsacf42pdk.jpg

edi

• Advertisement

Love to know how ye guys get those nice pictures through your scopes. I always make a balls of it, and all you see is a black ring.

Advertisement