Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Penn wrote: »
    Not that it needs to be explained.
    Fixed your post for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

IvySlayer wrote: »
    How did Superman know where to find Lois in the desert but not his mother?

The bigger question is how he got from the mountains with Ghost Costner to save Lois falling from Lexcorp tower in his superman outfit, but couldn't hear his mother being kidnapped.

OK if you really want to go there, how about the tracker, who was using that? I'm also sure its pretty easy to follow from a distance with super vision and the ability to fly.

So he followed from a distance and using his super vision, watched them kill Jimmy Olson?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,597 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I was under the impression that Superman didn't drown, but passed out due to holding the kryptonite spear, that's why Lois then throws it away for him to wake up. If that is the case though, then how does he manage to pick it back up and fly at Doomsday with it without it affecting him?

So he followed from a distance and using his super vision, watched them kill Jimmy Olson?

Was he riding Jimmy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Was he riding Jimmy?

Yeah, i guess he probably thought to himself "Jimmy's a great, loyal mate of mine but he's ****e at sucking cock, so I'll just let him get ruthlessly murdered and not try to do anything about it".

Your argument was completely illogical and you know it, so now you're throwing your toys a bit.

Was he riding Jimmy?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Was a 'meh' film.

But I did enjoy, (and this surprised me) Ben Affleck as Batman. Reminded me a lot of Arkham City, etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I was under the impression that Superman didn't drown, but passed out due to holding the kryptonite spear, that's why Lois then throws it away for him to wake up. If that is the case though, then how does he manage to pick it back up and fly at Doomsday with it without it affecting him?

something I found hilarious :D
    "Don't worry Lois, I'll get the spear!"
    *jumps in pool, grabs spear*
    "Oh yeah, the kryptonite lol."

also, the ever thoughtless and silly Batman (being silly and forgetful is one of his main character traits in the comics and Zack did a great job of getting that over here) just left his spear made of the only substance of that type on the Earth on the ground after fighting Superman after realizing that Lex was the main bad guy. He went to a lot of bother to steal the Kryptonite and was successful on the 2nd try and just left the spear on the ground. Thats sooooooo Batman I was saying. Good man Zack!

Then Lois put it in a fountain. Best place for it tbh. A fountain. That was good of her. Luckily no one from the Government was watching this fight between Superman and Batman and would have thought to take the spear, thankfully it was only Lois. The Government were busy watching lightning come out of the ship that crashed which they let that off kilter weird guy into for hours at a time and also brought the body of the guy that tried to end all life on the planet in with him but he gave someone a sweetie at the start of the film so he was allowed.

These are all things that happened in that movie.

Hang on, I just thought of something they could have done with the spear!

They could have had Lois give it to that lovable scamp and CORNERSTONE OF THE SUPERMAN CHARACTER Jimmy Olsen the Spear and he could have had this scene where he has to get the spear to Batman or Supes where he is forced to witness the power of Doomsday first hand as a mere mortal but somehow he finds the bravery or maybe he has to avoid getting killed by all the stuff going on but he finally does and his belief in Superman is restored and he isnt a false God at all and this normal man of the people has helped in killing Doomsday and witnesses Supermans brave death and has it recorded for the Daily Planet so the world can see how much of a bloody good bloke Superman is, tying up the whole story of the people -and daily planet- turning against Superman which they spent a lot of time on and blew up key characters doing.

OH WAIT THEY MADE JIMMY OLSEN A CIA AGENT AT THE START OF THE FILM AND HAD HIM SHOT RANDOMLY BY A TERRORIST I FORGOT OOPS MAYBE IM STUPID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

You talk a fair amount of ****e at times BMMachine but I do like what you did there with Jimmy Olsen. Well played

You talk a fair amount of ****e at times BMMachine but I do like what you did there with Jimmy Olsen. Well played

yeah its *almost* like I know what Im talking about :p

Well why the **** would you leave that phone tapping CIA cnut alive? He did the world a favor if you ask me.

But I do think there should have been a line explaining why superman allowed Jm=immy to die something like...

Louis:
    "Say, stud-muffin, why didn't you kill Jimmy back-stabbling-sneaky-CIA-**** boy?"

superman:
    "Oh, I didn't kill him, I just didn't save him...and..that was for Edward Snowden, a true american hero Louis".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just back from seeing this film and like a lot of other here I just thought it was meh. It just took to long to get going all they had to do was do Batmans origin story and then do the film instead they decide to do on origin story,s for everyone. Don,t like the new Batman and don,t really like Superman now either. Superman is supposed to be warm, caring, open-minded,clever and very fast. Here he seemed more concerned about just looking after his girlfriend which by the way Superman can not have.
    The last 30 mins was the best. The Lex Luther I did not like at all but he would make a great Joker. At the end why did they not put Superman in the sun? Will not be going to see anymore Superman or Batman films.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its not without its flaws but its definately one of the better superhero films

Thought Affleck was very good as Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Also another thing. Out in the desert where they all get killed by Lex Luthers men and its to discredit Superman. Would they not just check the body,s and notice that all them people were killed by bullet. Superman does not use a gun and certainly has no need to use one. Also Batman uses a gun in this which is also wrong as he too does not use guns. Another thing the explosion in the senate where Superman is the only person left standing seems to get forgotten about very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I wonder what a Zack Snyder Batman Vs Superman film would look like?

Credits roll.

...................................Yup. Pretty much that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I want to give the President in this movie the award for Quickest Nuclear Deployment in history.

Underling: Mr. President, a thing is happening!
    President: Oh no! Fire a nuke at it!
    Underling: Don't you want to know anything at all about what is going on? It's been ten seconds.
    President: No fire a nuke at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any potential danger that they may be no justice league movie due to the low ratings/box office of bvs ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Any potential danger that they may be no justice league movie due to the low ratings/box office of bvs ???

Nah, the Justice League movie is set in stone. Plus, the box office returns for BvS have actually been pretty good. I don't go by ratings either, a lot of the time they're suspiciously off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

The box office is storming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Nah. Money is being raked in. Plus, we'll probably be getting a very good Batman movie out of this...But that's more to do with Affleck's great work as opposed to Snyder's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Would it not make more sense for Luther to hate superman for destroying his buildings than Bruce Wayne hating him?

I actually think that may be how the idea originally started.

And batman with an overcoat and combats in the desert dream sequence has beaten megatron with a scarf in transformers 3 for the most ridiculous costume prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Filming starts early April so it's happening and Snyder isn't going anywhere at this stage.

In regards to the BO, it's doing well but it had a fairly big drop on Sunday and Monday, this could just be down to people getting ready to go back to work after Easter.

Next Monday's numbers will be a better gauge of the film's legs, but it's going to have to do consistent numbers for a couple of weeks to reach the supposed target. I'm not sure if it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

So I went again with friends lastnight, and I didn't hate it this time

There definitely is a good movie in there somewhere, but it's brought down (a lot) by the padding, messy pacing, horrific acting (Lex), and at times the script is woeful

"Wallace - What do they call you? Wally?"

"YOU'RE THE BOSS, BOSS!"

Shudder.

I can't believe we got shown all that muck about the bullet, ahead of the obviously badass break-in of Lexcorp by Batman (among other things)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,183 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Said the same the other night - the basic plot line is there, in this movie, for a really great movie, but it is swamped by needless padding and poor decisions. So many missteps.

Said the same the other night - the basic plot line is there, in this movie, for a really great movie, but it is swamped by needless padding and poor decisions. So many missteps.

It's pretty easy to tell it went from being Man Of Steel 2, to Batman V Superman, to Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Unfortunately they never got rid of the unnecessary bits from earlier drafts, instead just adding and adding to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Went to it last night, not expecting much.

I enjoyed it. Far superior to the Man of Steel (that last hour of the MoS killed me).

Agreed with everyone above on the fact that the basic plotline was there but they seriously muddied it.

The apocalyptic civil war view of the future was a case in point. Really creepy, really well done. But it's insertion into the narrative was an utter shambles. I'd actually forgotten about it by the end of the movie and only remembered it on the way home as being the justification for Wayne's comment at the end on why he had a 'feeling' the justice league would be needed.

I've always hated Lex Luthor in all of the films. Never scary, always goofy. I thought the Lex in this one was the least worst though. Yeah his motivations were seriously muddled. But at least he came across as dangerous.

And really enjoyed Affleck's take on Batman. A right ol' cruel hard ass.

And the best thing I can say about Affleck's take over Bale's - the voice. The VOICE! The synthesized growl is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It might be stating the obvious but the biggest mistake they made was actually trying to make a Batman vs Superman as a first meeting between the 2. Doing so caused the biggest issue most people (including me) have in batmans motivation and quick turn around. The only time Bruce fought physically against Clark (in relatively sound mind) was after nearly 30 years of dealing with each other and was more out of proving his methods were necessary then seeing Clark as a threat but trying to shoehorn this scenario into a world where they only met each other once or twice before caused a huge hole in everything.
    It amazes me that DC/WB can get so much coherent in the animated movies that they just can't get in the live action ones.
    In BvS: Hes a threat! Must kill! Mothers name the same! Friend!
    Compared to Justice League War. He already knew about him, his methods, his identity. And their first fight ends with simply "No he won't. You bruise. But you don't kill. Do you... Clark?" stopping him in his tracks. It was perfect.

Actually I could ramble a lot about things...even though overall I enjoyed it....I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

David Goyer in 2005:
    Batman Vs. Superman' is where you go when you admit to yourself that you've exhausted all possibilities," Goyer told the LA Times in 2005. "It's like 'Frankenstein meets Wolfman' or 'Freddy Vs. Jason.' It's somewhat of an admission that this franchise is on its last gasp."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/10-years-ago-david-goyer-said-batman-v-superman-was-a-last-gasp-franchise-idea-like-freddy-vs-jason-20160330

Advertisement