Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVIDIA Shield 4k system and free remote £119

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

monster1 wrote: »
    Ok cheers.. now, I am using parcel wizard for the first time, there is 4 address lines, but on amazon france, there is only room for two address lines. what shall I do here? just put the rest in the 2nd address line?

Why are you shipping from France to the UK. Try Amazon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

monster1 wrote: »
    Ok cheers.. now, I am using parcel wizard for the first time, there is 4 address lines, but on amazon france, there is only room for two address lines. what shall I do here? just put the rest in the 2nd address line?

Set up the address in the UK site:)

Ref number and DPD wizard on line one
    Unit number info and trench road on line 2.

Why are you shipping from France to the UK. Try Amazon.co.uk

You've not read the thread by the looks of it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

You've not read the thread by the looks of it:)

Great, got it for 166 euro delivered. It works out cheaper than ordering from the uk site

I've decided I didn't need this but it has shipped.
    If anyone in Dublin is interested let me know and you can have it at cost price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I've decided I didn't need this but it has shipped.
    If anyone in Dublin is interested let me know and you can have it at cost price.

Hiya- how much in total? ( UK/fr

damian139 wrote: »
    Hiya- how much in total? ( UK/fr

Came to €166.

Came to €166.

Might be interested in this for my daughter but she's in hong kong so won't know til tomoro?
    Obviously if yiu get a definite buyer I'll understand

I imported the Pro version (500GB hard drive) from the US Amazon site months ago. It's poorly supported to be honest. Also it came with a US 2 pin adapter and it's impossible to get a replacement. People have been asking on the Nvidia forums for months. It's working fine with a travel adapter though...

Came to €166.

Can't get hold of her, so gonna pass thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Came to €166.

Hi, has it arrived yet?

Seapoint wrote: »
    Hi, has it arrived yet?

Its was shipped but not arrived yet.

Are you still letting it go? I'd be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

It arrived yesterday and set up last night. Very impressed with build and speed of system. It is very responsive and simple to use.

For those who bought the shield, there is a big discussion thread on HKUD

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

For those who bought the shield, there is a big discussion thread on

Do you still have one to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

So this is [expired]?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Would love if someone had an update on this or are all the deals gone?

Guys, this is back on Amazon France,Germany and UK.

Works out about £133.25 direct to your house (about €188 ) I used Revolut and need to figure out what it cost me.I think it worked out at €184 so a few eur saving)
    Not quiet as good as the last time but still good.

I looked at other platforms but germany and france will charge postage to PM/PW so it works out a bit dearer in the end!

They charged me postage but I got onto chat to get it reversed.

Edit to say its probably as good a deal as last(almost(almost) time as we had to use 2 free PW deliveries valued at €7.60.

Could someone who has one of these from Amazon UK confirm something for me please? Is the power adapter a black unit with a three prong power tip that slots into it?

I ask because I imported my Shield Pro from America. I'm trying to get their CS to send me a UK power tip but they're insisting it's a normal plug. They linked to this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=uk+adapter+plug+&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Auk+adapter+plug+

I'm fairly sure they're wrong.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Got the non pro from amazon uk. The wall plug came with three changeable plug heads, EU, uk/IRL and USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Could someone who has one of these from Amazon UK confirm something for me please? Is the power adapter a black unit with a three prong power tip that slots into it?

I ask because I imported my Shield Pro from America. I'm trying to get their CS to send me a UK power tip but they're insisting it's a normal plug. They linked to this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=uk+adapter+plug+&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Auk+adapter+plug+

Yeah, they're wrong. I ordered from Amazon De, mine came with removable attachments for UK, EU and US. It seems the US model only comes with the US attachment from what i've read and this is causing confusion.

That's the thing. I've only just realised it didn't come with a US power tip but it's the EU one. I'm wondering did Amazon US have all the different power tips and maybe sent me the EU one instead of a UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

That's the thing. I've only just realised it didn't come with a US power tip but it's the EU one. I'm wondering did Amazon US have all the different power tips and maybe sent me the EU one instead of a UK one.

Something wrong there. I bought an EU model from Germany which came with all 3 tips. EU models are shipped that way, i think you just got a dud adapter. Can you not just add a euro shop travel adapter, not ideal but will solve the problem.

Are you Kooyonga from Geoforce forums? https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/848274/shield-android-tv/preventing-hdmi-cec-poweroff-/post/4631639/#4631639 ??? I'm fairly impressed with the shield apart from the HDMI CEC thing... I'm talking to the reps about it https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/884976/shield-android-tv/settings-gt-system-gt-volume_mode-gt-cec_volume_control-broken-please-fix-/post/4760452/#4760452

Yep that's me. I've softened a bit on the CEC since I discovered it was actually my TV's CEC settings that were turning the Shield off when I switched off the TV. I have sleep completely disabled and that TV CEC setting turned off so things are much better.

Yep that's me. I've softened a bit on the CEC since I discovered it was actually my TV's CEC settings that were turning the Shield off when I switched off the TV. I have sleep completely disabled and that TV CEC setting turned off so things are much better.

The CEC Volume thing is a bit of a pain though. It probably means I'm reverting to my Logitech Harmony remote now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Advertisement