Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Winter Kit Order A/W 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

When do you hope to get the posted stuff out Dav?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Picked mine up today. Fits great, and I'm looking forward to trying it out on my days off. When they said the defend was aero they weren't lying. I had better get as much use in before christmas as possible. I may not fit in afterwards.
    Thanks to Hunterbiker for organising

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

@ Beasty - Like I said already, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    @ Beasty - Like I said already, sorry.

First time a post of yours was taken seriously and you weren't even serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

In fairness he pm me with an apology which I know hurt him to do so :P

Then proceeds to go an facebook complaing that there is not enough jam in his donuts :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Just picked mine up from Boards HQ -

Haven't had a chance to try it on yet but it looks like a good bit of kit from first inspection

Thanks Hunterbiker and Dav for organising - ye're star bars and-a-half!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Sent my proxy in to collect mine as I won't get close to Dublin for a while.

Can't wait to get my hands on it now :)

Thanks again lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I got the vest. Excellent quality and kept me cosy the past couple of days. Many thanks Hunterbiker and Dav.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Dropped into Dav earlier to collect my wares - always a pleasure to visit Boards Towers.

I would also like to add my gratitude to Hunterbiker & Dav - fine pillars of the community they are! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Think I might have been first in to collect a pair of bib tights. They look and fit well but I haven't had a chance to try them out on the bike yet thanks to this crazy weather.

Thanks to both Dav & Hunterbiker for organising the order.

• Advertisement

I think Hunterbiker did such a great job he should be put in charge of all future orders!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

koutoubia wrote: »
    I think Hunterbiker did such a great job he should be put in charge of all future orders!

I second that. Motion carried

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

In changing my username...

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

That's been done already.

Finally the penny drops :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Got to put the Defender arm warmers through their paces last night & this morning - have to say I'm impressed so far.

I'm glad I ignored the size guide which was suggesting I needed XL - I went for L and they are just the right tightness (although I did manage to punch myself in the face when putting them on for the first time :o). The only thing is they must be designed for ape-armed cyclists and could do with being a couple of inches shorter! Because the Boards logo is at the wrist it ends up a little bunched up but I can live with that.

Material is really nice too. Would have loved a Defender jersey but funds didn't allow for it at the time of ordering! :(

Overall a happy bunny - thanks again boys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

any news on if or when the kit will be posted to those who took that option ?

If its not posted already I'll call in on Friday to collect me gear as I'll be in town for meetings

godtabh wrote: »
    If its not posted already I'll call in on Friday to collect me gear as I'll be in town for meetings

Likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Is this still going or has it finished? My first winter cycling and after thismorning, I don’t think the football top and shorts will cut it anymore, it’stoo cold even after you warm up. If itis too late, can someone give me an idea of what sort of gear is recommendedfor winter cycling in Dublin? I’ve seenother cyclists with those leggings but I haven’t got a clue where to start.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

D3PO wrote: »
    any news on if or when the kit will be posted to those who took that option ?

any update on this guys ???

Thanks

Likewise

I was in town and forgot to collect it.

Dav said there was a few hickups in HQ but should be posted shortly.

I don't want to sound like a di(k but the gear has been in Boards HQ for three weeks now, two if you consider it was sitting in a corner somewhere unbeknownst to Dav.

In that time posts have been made here, and PMs sent to Dav asking about the postage and no response. I realize this isn't part of his job as such but if your going to volunteer to do something then do it otherwise just say no.

Two weeks without posting or letting those waiting on postage know what's happening is a bit rude tbh.

Have you PM'd Dav about this?
    Just to be clear I facilitated the ordering but being mostly based in Cork I can't help with the posting of the kit for people who wanted theirs posted out.
    I'm sorry if the delay has soured things a wee bit and I can see it must be frustrating waiting for stuff to arrive.
    I would imagine that he's just been inundated with normal work. However I don't speak for him nor do I speak for Boards or the Cycle Forum.
    The only sure-fire way of knowing what is going on one way or the other is to make direct contact with Dav via PM and asking him.

I've dropped him a message. Hopefully he'll reply directly on this thread or I will post an update.

Yes I did PM Dav but no reply.

Im not having a go at you Hunterbike. I just thi8nk if Dav has agreed to facilitate this send to boards HQ etc agree to post then it should be done in a timely manner.

Or at the very least a message saying guys im snowed under with day to day work so cant get around to posting until X. A post of some sort by him would be the very least he should be doing.

Yes I did PM Dav but no reply.

Im not having a go at you Hunterbike. I just thi8nk if Dav has agreed to facilitate this send to boards HQ etc agree to post then it should be done in a timely manner.

Tp be far to Dav doing this is over an above what he is employed to do with Boards. He has helped out a lot on this order and other others so I would cut him some slack.

You may also have noticed that the site has had issues over the last while. That will and always should have priority.

Having posted out many orders before it takes time and effort to check, bag, write and post orders.

Give it some time. It will get here

And another thing he has gone way beyond the very least he should be doing.
    A post of some sort by him would be the very least he should be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Rezident wrote: »

Is this still going or has it finished? My first winter cycling and after thismorning, I don’t think the football top and shorts will cut it anymore, it’stoo cold even after you warm up. If itis too late, can someone give me an idea of what sort of gear is recommendedfor winter cycling in Dublin? I’ve seenother cyclists with those leggings but I haven’t got a clue where to start.

Thanks.

Some tights (from lidl/aldi are fine ) or some padded tights if you want to wear them on long cycles. Arm warmers, gloves. You can get legwarmers if you want something in your pocket you can pull over the legs if necessary. You could also go for overshoes if you are struggling with frozen toes. a small beanie for under the helmet to keep ears warm can also be useful.

• Advertisement

I reckon they will be in the post today

Advertisement