Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

mejulie805 wrote: »

On another note, I did change my target online before and it never registered on my leader's system. Could have been a glitch at the time though!

My consultant told me that changing your target online is just for your own record and nothing to do with the records that the consultant keeps! so best to always tell the consultant that you want to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

1 and a half off today, delighted as had my hen night last Sat night and didn't count anything, 5lb to my 4 stone award

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

ah good to know, i attend group, but also keep track online, nice to be on target for a week anyway and see how i get on next weigh in, then it's back on track for another 7lb weight loss plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Up 3lb.

Dropped the hifi bars this week. Ate speed with every meal, speed when I was hungry.

No idea anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Down 1 this week, not going to complain as a drop is a drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

ameliams wrote: »
    Up 3lb.

Dropped the hifi bars this week. Ate speed with every meal, speed when I was hungry.

No idea anymore.

I'm up 2 and was a model student all week :( Convinced myself I'll see it next week so I won't go off the rails! Had the bolognese ragu from Iceland for dinner last night. It was OK, and easy as all I did was cook spaghetti to go with it- but it makes me realise I make a good bolognese! Would rather batch cook some ragu rather than buy it again..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I'm up 2 and was a model student all week :( Convinced myself I'll see it next week so I won't go off the rails! Had the bolognese ragu from Iceland for dinner last night. It was OK, and easy as all I did was cook spaghetti to go with it- but it makes me realise I make a good bolognese! Would rather batch cook some ragu rather than buy it again..

I'm like that some weeks too! I was so happy the other week when I had an explainable gain! :rolleyes:

I threw out 9 pairs of jeans/trousers yesterday that were all too big so I don't focus on what the scales says as much as other people might. It was bittersweet - I loved some of them...but could take them on and off without opening so they had to go! :o
    Funny there was bras all over the ground beside the clothes bank lol :pac:

Just wondering if there are any long term target members on here? How do they stay on target, iv been told only an extra heb is allowed, i was hoping for more syns but we will see how it goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

upinthesky wrote: »
    Just wondering if there are any long term target members on here? How do they stay on target, iv been told only an extra heb is allowed, i was hoping for more syns but we will see how it goes...

I'm not a long term target member yet but I'm sure I was told an extra a and b? I could be totally wrong, as I'm continuing to try and lose another 7 pounds so wasn't really taking it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Hi all, down 2lbs this week! biggest loss since i started SW. Kinda gave me a nice little boost to my motivation. For the first time ever its like the light bulb has switched on and I have realised that I myself actually have the power to change the way I look, if that makes sense? I'm still a long way off but hopefully I will get there!
    Is it normally 10lbs that ppl say is a dress size?
    Also, anyone got any tasty ideas for Salmon dinner? what I could make?
    Thanks in advance, an hope you all have a good weekend x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Is anyone else snacking constantly in the cold weather? I really have to restrain myself *brrr*

Dolbert wrote: »
    Is anyone else snacking constantly in the cold weather? I really have to restrain myself *brrr*

I'm having a hungry week, i seem to be hungry all the time, maybe it is the cold!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Yeah, fortunately I had some homemade soup made from earlier this week and had 2 bowls of it with my lunch but still felt I needed something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Ladies and gents, first post after months of lurking!

Thanks for all of your great posts. I'm down 2st since April with 2st more to go. I've been finding the last couple of weeks absolute torture, losing 1lb here and there with some 0.5lb gains too. In the last three weeks I've managed to stay on track with 2lb losses. My new problem is the weather/temperature. Like Dolbert, I just want to have snacks all of the time. I'm a big fan of speed soup so I'm having that here and there. I can't kick my chocolate craving though. I frequently use 4/5 syns for half of a Quest bar or a Hifi bar but they are never enough.

I really want to lose another 1st before Christmas so I'm going to try having 3/4 speed days a week. Anyone have success with speed focused weeks?

Welcome Jentle Grenade :)

I think I'm going to up my fat intake (and syn it obviously), I'm feeling cold all the time which is making me snack more. Hello peanut butter!

Ladies and gents, first post after months of lurking!

Thanks for all of your great posts. I'm down 2st since April with 2st more to go. I've been finding the last couple of weeks absolute torture, losing 1lb here and there with some 0.5lb gains too. In the last three weeks I've managed to stay on track with 2lb losses. My new problem is the weather/temperature. Like Dolbert, I just want to have snacks all of the time. I'm a big fan of speed soup so I'm having that here and there. I can't kick my chocolate craving though. I frequently use 4/5 syns for half of a Quest bar or a Hifi bar but they are never enough.

I really want to lose another 1st before Christmas so I'm going to try having 3/4 speed days a week. Anyone have success with speed focused weeks?

Welcome along and well done on all you have achieved, I am focusing on having fish for my evening meal with no carbs until the next weigh in :D

Thanks Dolbert and Vahevela. I'm also going to try to have 2/3 fish main meals a week. I really only enjoy it covered in a little flour/egg mixture with some garlic powder though. Fully intended to have a speed day today and I've already had to syn an extra piece of bread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've kind of fallen off the wagon this weekend - definitely experiencing the extra hunger others have mentioned since the weather turned cold!
    Was away since Friday visiting family and took advantage of the fact that it would be a bit more difficult to stay on plan :D by having a cajun chicken wrap in O'Brien's instead of a proper dinner... and they put a chocolate on the saucer beside my coffee so I ate that too... then found that I couldn't get my Liberte yogurt so picked up a Liberte fat free vanilla* and what I thought was a Tesco fat free natural yogurt but was actually full fat... didn't realise until I'd eaten a few spoonfuls!... then yesterday had a M&S salad that I think comes to 9 syns, although in fairness I only used half the dressing... and picked up carrot sticks in M&S too, for extra speed, but I ate half the hummus that came with them... plus my usual syns for the day... aaaaand today I had a rib eye steak cooked in regular olive oil (thankfully with lots of free and speed veg!) and another choc that came with a coffee AND an M&S pasta salad with sundried tomatoes and feta, AND a Mexican chicken snack pack with some sort of calorific sour cream dip... I'm done now. Well, I will be once I eat some chocolate :D
    It's time to get back on track. My precious Liberte is back on the shelves so no more excuses! The scales will be interesting on Wednesday!!

*Think the Liberte vanilla is a new product, can't find a syn value for it (it won't be free as it does contain sugar) but it is amazing - genuinely has the flavour and consistency of a really good quality custard. One for the shopping list, whatever number of syns it works out as!

You know body dysmorphia? I think I have the version where, despite having 4 stone to lose, I look in the mirror and think I'm an absolute ride. If it wasn't for this pesky not-wanting-diabetes-in-10-years thing I definitely wouldn't be arsed with this anymore. Arse needs to be gotten firmly in gear, rargh

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Something I swear I never noticed before is the fact that I'm a stress eater, getting hitched a week Fri and although I think I'm pretty organised everybody keeps saying I must be stressed with all the stuff I have to do which in turn has made me stressed and I'm reaching for anything and everything, no idea how I'm supposed to handle it and just wondering should I just not worry and address it after the wedding? I still have about 5 stone to loose and I didn't join slimming world to just fit into a skimpy dress for the day, seeing the process as a change into a healthy lifestyle with the weight loss an added benefit. Anybody have any words of wisdom for me??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

You know body dysmorphia? I think I have the version where, despite having 4 stone to lose, I look in the mirror and think I'm an absolute ride. If it wasn't for this pesky not-wanting-diabetes-in-10-years thing I definitely wouldn't be arsed with this anymore. Arse needs to be gotten firmly in gear, rargh

I think I have a bit of that. I don't think I'm a ride, far from one, but when I compare a photo with how I look in the mirror, I think I look god f*cking awful in the photo, absolutely massive, but I don't see that same person in the mirror!! Strange!!

I think I've a down if it in reverse! I still pick up size 16, though I'm in a 12, and still feel overweight but I'm told I'm not! It's crap cos I thought I'd be delighted at the weight I am now, but I'm not, maybe it's a case that I'm never happy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It takes time to get used to your new shape though...
    For me, I still feel quite fat and I am still carrying quite a lot of belly fat (what a gorgeous, sexy term that is!) but I'm wearing size 10 clothes and being warned by weight loss experts (you know the experts, the totally unqualified virtual strangers who know your body and your ideal weight better than you'll ever know yourself) that I'd 'want to be very careful' not to lose any more, that I'll 'lose my face' if I continue to lose weight (and take my word for it, there's still plenty of face there to lose - my chubby face is all part of my youthful good looks!)... everyone's an authority on my weight loss.
    I think I'm probably somewhere in between the fatty in the mirror and the Biafran some other people seem to see... I'm hoping once I've been smaller for a bit longer I will get used to it and stop seeing the old me in the mirror. God knows it took me about 9 months of SW to stop looking at myself in the mirror in sections (north of the bra line and south of the thighs) so there's hope for me yet... playing the long game!

dee_mc wrote: »
    'want to be very careful' not to lose any more, that I'll 'lose my face' if I continue to lose weight

That just sounds so funny! **POOF** Face disappears :pac: Weigh-in this evening and I plan to book next week as a holiday so I don't spend by BH wishing away the afternoon until weigh-in. It drives me mad 'oh no another BH!!' and then you're not committed if you don't go/stay for image therapy. Am I the only one who gets 20 odd days of holidays a year and looks forward to having a "free" paid day off?! :confused:

Getting some work done today on my pesky wisdom teeth means I know that my WL will be 0 this week. Any week where I can't/don't eat properly for a few days results in my STS or gaining :(

My stress eating go-to is Liberté and an apple sliced up. It takes effort to make and eat so it tires me out :o

Had my weigh in last night and lost 0.5lb, was happy with that as am due my 'star week', so expected a small gain or to maintain. I think I'm going to try and do sp later in the week to see if it will help shift a couple of lbs, I'm going to plan out those days as I can't see it being very easy!

Well I'm afraid to type this in case I jinx myself but I was down 1lb last night - the lowest I've been so far and I'm now 6lbs from target! :eek::eek:

tk123 wrote: »
    Well I'm afraid to type this in case I jinx myself but I was down 1lb last night - the lowest I've been so far and I'm now 6lbs from target! :eek::eek:

We have the same amount to lose! I reached target last week but extended it by 5/7 lbs. As I said above I'm going to try and do sp for a couple of days to try shift it faster. I'm determined to be at my final target by Christmas!

I have 6 lbs to go to target too! ... 1/2 lb away from my 6 stone award with Slimming World, 2 lbs away from being a healthy BMI, 3 lbs to go till I have lost 8 stone in total :D

• Advertisement

Definitely up this week, took a week off as i'd reach my target so hoping it's not too much, back to counting syns after weigh in...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement