Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Skangermobiles online (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

jca wrote: »
    Unless you kept the arms almost vertical and moved them through a small arc it didn't happen. When you get down to the nitty gritty the angles involved are quite extreme. It always makes a nice story though.

Jesus, whatever. Sorry I mentioned it now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Just a pity it wasn't true, but nice story all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Not the worst offender but it's a 105bhp passat (albeit with leather and sat nav), someone dug up a 90's Max Power mag and those wheels are gack.

45816422.jpeg

Not Too Sure Why He Feels The Need To Capitalise Every Word Either...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

wouldn't be seen dead... honestly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I'm ashamed to say I kinda like the wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That thing'd look fantastic in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

rizzodun wrote: »
    Not the worst offender but it's a 105bhp passat (albeit with leather and sat nav), someone dug up a 90's Max Power mag and those wheels are gack.

45816422.jpeg

Not Too Sure Why He Feels The Need To Capitalise Every Word Either...

I Kinda Like That......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Here's the link to the Passat: https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/modified-1-9tdi-passat/10262382

Not much wrong with it.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/seat-toledo-110bhp-se/10168856?offset=4

Van Aaken sticker ✓
    Stupidly big sunstrip ✓
    Pigeonsport Exhaust ✓
    Pink foglights ✓
    RS6's ✓

• Advertisement

All pictures in portrait mode ✓

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

GvidoR wrote: »
    Here's the link to the Passat: https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/modified-1-9tdi-passat/10262382

Not much wrong with it.

Cheers, forgot to add the link, but if you ask me the paint and wheels show there's enough wrong with it! :P

rizzodun wrote: »
    Cheers, forgot to add the link, but if you ask me the paint and wheels show there's enough wrong with it! :P

The wheels are not that bad, and the paint, yeah... wouldn't appeal to a lot of people.

i'd say those wheels would buckle if you looked at them crooked, or sneezed to aggressively whilst nearby. the paint job looks a bit iffy in some of the photos, so i could only expect worse in the cold un-istagram-filtered light of day.

his side visor is on backwards too. i would feel too self conscious driving a car that garish, particularly when said car would barely have enough power to pull your pants down.

too many horizontal lines on the front end, it needs something to break it up; and you can still see the base for the detachable tow bar. she's a real 20/20 car imo.

the interior looks decently comfortable in fairness with the leather and nav unit. does it even have a/c?

All those Passats have aircon.

What's on backwards?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    All those Passats have aircon.

that's a relief :pac: think i'm just in a bad mood :P still hard to see someone going €8k on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

jca wrote: »
    Unless you kept the arms almost vertical and moved them through a small arc it didn't happen. When you get down to the nitty gritty the angles involved are quite extreme. It always makes a nice story though.

CSI jca

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

i'd say those wheels would buckle if you looked at them crooked, or sneezed to aggressively whilst nearby. the paint job looks a bit iffy in some of the photos, so i could only expect worse in the cold un-istagram-filtered light of day.

his side visor is on backwards too. i would feel too self conscious driving a car that garish, particularly when said car would barely have enough power to pull your pants down.

too many horizontal lines on the front end, it needs something to break it up; and you can still see the base for the detachable tow bar. she's a real 20/20 car imo.

the interior looks decently comfortable in fairness with the leather and nav unit. does it even have a/c?

Can you explain the comment regarding the paint job being iffy? you can tell from the pics? what bit looks "iffy" to you?

Can you explain the comment regarding the paint job being iffy? you can tell from the pics? what bit looks "iffy" to you?

well, i'm not a fanatic detailer, my car has swirl marks, crash repairs, lacquer peel and bird poop on it, but there are a few things with the passat. they say a photo can speak a thousand words, but a well filtered one can also hide a multitude of sins.

look at how blurred the reflections are in the doors, you should (particularly assuming that this paint job is probably less than 2-3 years old) see nice crisp clear reflections.

image.png

same with this picture, now i know the photos are instagramed to within an inch of their life, but for such a deep colour you are seeing virtually no reflection on the rear quarter at all, which is quite unusual for a dark colour in what i would assume to be good condition. you can be sure in real life it's flat as a fart too.

image.png

particularly in the top right of this photo you can clearly see heavy orange peel, it's somewhat evident throughout the whole photo, but most evident around the word "next". you can be sure if you can see it there, given light of what we can or can't see (reflections) in the photos above, i'd say the car was painted by someone maybe not too dedicated.

image.png

now clearly, someone will sign up soon to tell me the car was painted by Rick Dore himself and that i need to STFU, but anyone can see although the colour may be striking when it first meets the eye, the finish isn't top notch. that would leave me with concerns that down the line there could be lacquer peel/ bubbling/ rust etc, if they weren't a great finisher, what else weren't they great at?

now, don't get me wrong, if the owner loves the car then he loves it and i suppose it's one of only a handful of purple TDi's in the country, so i'm not trying to kill his buzz or take away from his achievements in his pastime. all i'm saying is i couldn't drive a car with a retro paintwork job that bad. if you paint your car vivid purple or "midnight purple" i'm sure he calls it and state in the ad that it's a "professional job", expect people to be gazing at the paint so try and have it some way right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

who knows, doesnt look bad to me but im not an expert either. Around the "next" icon in the pic, perhaps .

Well, I guess it's all a bit pedantic, if you didn't really care it's probably grand. personally if I was dropping a fair chunk for money painting a car that was worth a few quid itself, i'd want it to look crisp as ****. Otherwise what's the point, it's like getting a poor quality tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Brian Scan wrote: »
    CSI jca

More mythbusters than csi....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭beantins

that's a relief :pac: think i'm just in a bad mood :P still hard to see someone going €8k on it.

Im nearly sure that car was sold on a raffle basis on jon44w. Getting very popular nw!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-santa-fe-2007-auto-4wd-2-2dsl/7108334?offset=7

Mild enough skang, but offensive nonetheless

Also qualifies for dreamers thread

Jaypers. Someone really loves chrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

colm_mcm wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-santa-fe-2007-auto-4wd-2-2dsl/7108334?offset=7

Mild enough skang, but offensive nonetheless

Also qualifies for dreamers thread

Fast n Loud finally got a Santa Fe:pac:

• Advertisement

Advertisement