Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

I lost my driving licence last Thursday night. The name on the licence is John O Shea.

If anyone knows if this has been handed into a local shop/ business in the town, or has any other info that would help, then it would be much appreciated !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

sheao wrote: »
    I lost my driving licence last Thursday night. The name on the licence is John O Shea.

If anyone knows if this has been handed into a local shop/ business in the town, or has any other info that would help, then it would be much appreciated !

did you check with Garda station? Also, contact the drivers licence office in Manor, just in case it was handed into them or sent back up to them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I spotted a Sold sign on the old Mannix's shop in Clash today. Wonder what's going to open in there!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

oeb wrote: »
    Is there any camera club or anything like that around town? Nearest one I can find is in Ardfert. Did find a thread from last year, seemed to come to nothing though. Is it ok to necro that?

In other news, I heard a helicopter, sounded pretty low too above oakpark/killeen area last night about 11.30 or 12. Anyone know what it was for?

Hi Oeb Ardfert Camera Club is alive and well next meeting is in Ardfert Golf Club thuresday week if you want to come over. We are currently sorting out Pictures for the clubs Annual exibition in Tralee library. We are on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I doubt Mannix will turn into a convenience store again. The Spar at the garage just up from it with easy parking has sown up that business along with Dunnes nearby.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    I doubt Mannix will turn into a convenience store again. The Spar at the garage just up from it with easy parking has sown up that business along with Dunnes nearby.

And Iceland is due to open next to Argos in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lfc_Makaveli

Is Iceland confirmed ? Cant find anything relating to it on-line

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Also I noted that there are not any positions advertised on the Iceland website. one would imagine i they were to open in a few weeks they would have advertised for staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

They were advertised quite a while ago

Is Iceland confirmed ? Cant find anything relating to it on-line

They advertised for staff in August, I posted a link to it in the jobs thread at the time. Those jobs have no doubt now been filled. They are due to open in a few of weeks. Work has already begun on fitting out the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Ah ok. That's great. Wasn't looking for a job 😄. Will be decent to have another choice for food .

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭LurkingLurker

Hi, i've been getting pain in my upper jaw at the joint, think it might be due to a wisdom tooth not grown in properly, so i want to make an appointment with the dentist, but just not sure which one to go to in town, any recommendations?

Hi, i've been getting pain in my upper jaw at the joint, think it might be due to a wisdom tooth not grown in properly, so i want to make an appointment with the dentist, but just not sure which one to go to in town, any recommendations?

I go to Marcus O'Domhnaill in Denny street (above DB's cafe). I find him really nice. You can make appointments for Saturday's too.
    http://macdomhnailldental.ie/

Ah ok. That's great. Wasn't looking for a job 😄. Will be decent to have another choice for food .

not sure Iceland is that needed, its nothing special really, but good to see more jobs for the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    not sure Iceland is that needed, its nothing special really, but good to see more jobs for the town.

Any and all competition is welcome. I am sure they will have weekly offers that will go down nicely. With Lidl going into McCowens all of us up in the Boherbee area of town will have them all within walking distance. :P

kn wrote: »
    Any and all competition is welcome. I am sure they will have weekly offers that will go down nicely. With Lidl going into McCowens all of us up in the Boherbee area of town will have them all within walking distance. :P

Each to their own I guess, not somewhere that would have me rushing in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Couldn't pay me to go into Iceland. Nothing good can from that much frozen food.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Was there flooding in the manor west retail park during the heavy rain on the Friday of a few weeks ago?

BPKS wrote: »
    Was there flooding in the manor west retail park during the heavy rain on the Friday of a few weeks ago?

yes, down around where The Street & Suits select mainly. I think Suits Select was badly damaged. We passed by there yesterday & its cleared out, so not sure if they are moving or what the story is.

Tralee has retained its Gold Medal in the tidy towns competition, and also increased their total score! The town has also been shortlisted as one of the top tourist towns! Great news, and well done to all involved in keeping the town so clean and looking so well :)

http://traleetoday.ie/tralee-retains-its-gold-medal-status-in-tidy-towns-competition/

http://traleetoday.ie/great-news-as-tralee-is-shortlisted-for-top-tourism-town-award/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

yes, down around where The Street & Suits select mainly. I think Suits Select was badly damaged. We passed by there yesterday & its cleared out, so not sure if they are moving or what the story is.

I hope the insurance covers the damage. But on the other hand, there might be a few bargains to be had when they reopen....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Accident involving cyclist on Fenit. Road near Spa this evening . Hope injuries were superficial only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Each to their own I guess, not somewhere that would have me rushing in!

If nothing else it is a vote of confidence in Tralee that Iceland are opening in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is Horan's closed now lads? I see that Quarters is now the new home for the students nights

Is Horan's closed now lads? I see that Quarters is now the new home for the students nights

Horan's is pretty much closed, but I was told it is opening at Christmas.

Apparently Mr. Duffy's sweet shop, on the corner of Ashe street/Castle street is due to close its doors on Saturday. Its a shame to see it closing. Its a nice shop, but a bit pricey. It must have stiff competition in this area with the likes of Dealz/euro shops and all their offers on sweets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Apparently Mr. Duffy's sweet shop, on the corner of Ashe street/Castle street is due to close its doors on Saturday. Its a shame to see it closing. Its a nice shop, but a bit pricey. It must have stiff competition in this area with the likes of Dealz/euro shops and all their offers on sweets etc.

As you say, they were pricey, over the top pricey imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

As you say, they were pricey, over the top pricey imo.

If their prices were a bit more reasonable they would have had more regular customers.I visited once and once only.I am a sweetaholic and should have been their target market surely.

Sanchez83 wrote: »
    If their prices were a bit more reasonable they would have had more regular customers.I visited once and once only.I am a sweetaholic and should have been their target market surely.

same here! I only went in now and again. I was in there on Sunday and they put hard boiled sweets into a paper bag, I couldn't eat them the next day (there were some left over!) as they were stuck to the paper! :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

A very serious incident in Killeen Woods last night has left a young fellow in critical condition. Two men arrested!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement