Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

That's the first Swansea match I've watched in full. He was impressive, has a real eye for goal which I like from my mids. He probably should have scored against Sunderland as well. I think I'd prefer Ayew to Gomis although I wouldn't rule out a double up later for useless Kane
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Great minds think alike. I'm thinking it myself. Are either near a price change?

Hazard at -20%, Ayew at 50%. Usually transfers slow down to a crawl during internationals so we'll see where they are tonight. I'm in no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Stepping away from the transfer seat until at least Wednesday after the dust has settled on the transfer window. Anything I do now could very easily be rendered foolish. Considering the 2-5-3 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

thinking Benteke/Diouf > Gomis/Wilson? Leaves me with about 2m in the bank that I can use to upgrade Mahrez to Payet if needed. Leaves my squad looking:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Azpi/Kolarov/Gomez/Martin/STaylor
    Silva/Sanchez/Ayew/Mahrez(Payet)/Wanyama
    Aguero/Gomis/Wilson

Mahrez > Payet isnt definite. I could also use the money to upgrade Ayew to Pedro, but Ayew looking like good value atm and probably a rise soon.

With clean sheets looking scarce (Man City the obvious exception) I'm seriously considering a 5 man playing mf with a 4.5M 3rd striker.
    Swansea look good. Think they have a tough run of fixtures but that would not put me off. Ayew the obvious choice.
    Would take some re-balancing of my squad.
    I've plenty to mull over the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

ElTel wrote: »
    With clean sheets looking scarce (Man City the obvious exception) I'm seriously considering a 5 man playing mf with a 4.5M 3rd striker.
    Swansea look good. Think they have a tough run of fixtures but that would not put me off. Ayew the obvious choice.
    Would take some re-balancing of my squad.
    I've plenty to mull over the next 2 weeks.

Had a quick look there and West Brom have a nice run of fixtures coming up. Might be worth a look at one of their defenders. The only 4.5m being Olsson, who also has most points of their defenders. But the only worrying thing is Evans coming in, who will he replace in the XI?

Had a quick look there and West Brom have a nice run of fixtures coming up. Might be worth a look at one of their defenders. The only 4.5m being Olsson, who also has most points of their defenders. But the only worrying thing is Evans coming in, who will he replace in the XI?

Maybe Morrison into my mf.
    Yoshida Alderweireld and Kolarov got clean sheets this week.
    Daniels and Muniesa on the bench.
    Happy enough although Alderweireld (-93 on price change) > Haughton is an option
    GP rotation is not worth the stress. Plan to get Krul and Darlow for Newcastle to pick up the extra 1M (as long as their prices are secure}
    Will let the dust settle on the transfer window and return with a fresh pair of eyes.
    4 GWs down and I have 200pts approx. with WC intact.
    Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Cech, McCarthy and Dawson or
    Cech, Schmeicel and Ward

Not sure if I want Palace or West Brom coverage.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Planning on banking this GW. Pedro is the only one who jumps out to me but I'll have to wait a GW or 2 on that move. I'll give Sanchez another GW and review then. Benteke would be my other main concern but I'll likely stick with him through the next 3 GW. Any injuries over the international break would force my hand obviously.

On the transfer window:
    Ideally WBA sign Marshall, de Gea stays at United and Speroni returns to fitness and starts. This would put plenty teams in a spot of bother at the GK position.

That's deliciously cruel.
    I've got Butland and Stekelenburg atm.
    Long term plan is to go to Krul and Darlow for 1M saving and no rotation stress.

spock. wrote: »
    I don't like my team for next week.
    7 players playing away and I'm starting Ighalo against Swansea.
    I'll most likely be banking though.

Looking at the low & of home wins over first 4 GWs should give you some heart.

If im going to get rid of henderson i should do it now before he loses further value, as theres no point leaving it till the end of the deadline as he'll almost be available to play by then. Actually i might aswell just keep him maybe, thoughts?

He's unlikely to drop further.

http://fplstatistics.com

Sanchez to Pedro
    Igalho to Wilson

Leaves 0.9 in the bank after 2 FTs
    Thoughts?

The 2 your looking at could rise tonight.
    Waiting for transfer window to close would be ideal.
    Tough call.
    Like Wilson's next few fixtures.
    Chelsea have EVE and ARS next.
    I've no Chelsea in my team atm but Pedro looks a good "cheap" option.

• Advertisement

Cech, McCarthy and Dawson or
    Cech, Schmeicel and Ward

Not sure if I want Palace or West Brom coverage.

Time is on your side.
    Johnny Evans is now a WB player. Sorry to add to your headache.
    I'm gonna forget these threads now until the transfer widow closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Maybe a nice knee-jerk Hazard to Ayew after the international matches

I think that's what I'll be doing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Sanchez to Pedro done, have another transfer, may be Ighalo to Wilson or Targett to another Southampton defender

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yeah I'm considering doubling up a for Swans next game away to Watford then maybe moving Gomis on. Mad to be considering selling a striker with 4 goals in 4 games but thats down to Ayew* (Andre Ayew, not Busts)

May also do Wilson in for Diouf. Sideways move to some extent but one which frees up 1m and will bag me summa that sweet team value honey! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Gomis lack of bonus points is a big concern, much like Costa really.

He also has a habit of not seeing out 90mins or is it just last two games?

dahat wrote: »
    Gomis lack of bonus points is a big concern, much like Costa really.

He also has a habit of not seeing out 90mins or is it just last two games?

I still think Ayew is the one to go for there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

ElTel wrote:
    Looking at the low & of home wins over first 4 GWs should give you some heart.

Haha good point.
    Already have Ayew so can't see anyone else I really want. I should finally be able to bank a transfer this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CSF wrote: »
    I still think Ayew is the one to go for there.

Starting to arrive at that conclusion myself but team needs surgery (-8) or a -4 with two ft if I wait till Sanchez plays Stoke, which I will do

Sanchez to Ayew
    Gomis to Benteke
    Yaya to Silva ( undecided)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

dahat wrote: »
    Starting to arrive at that conclusion myself but team needs surgery (-8) or a -4 with two ft if I wait till Sanchez plays Stoke, which I will do

Sanchez to Ayew
    Gomis to Benteke
    Yaya to Silva ( undecided)

Gomis to Benteke can wait a week. I'd rather Gomis at watford than Benteke at United. I also wouldn't take out Sanchez ahead of a tie against Stoke. Yaya to Silva is a bit of a sideways move for now so i wouldn't waste a -4 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ayew is definitely the one I would go for.

Start of the previous GW I wildcarded. Kept Gomis as I felt Two players from Swans was overkill for now & Gomis had more price rise potential at that time.

Would go for Ayew If I was in same situation now (kept Payet instead at that time)

Two free transfers made

Payet to Pedro
    Mahrez to Sako

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Getting really tired of tekkers! I’m from FC Porto and I know josé will come back swinging!
    My original plan was getting pedro and cheap striker (Wilson… Sakho…). Currently thinking about Diego Costa + 6.0 midfielder (max)… really thinking about sako from palace (what a show against chealsea!)

Current team:
    Romero (McCarthy)
    Kolarov | Bellerìn | (Gomez | Targett| Oxford)
    Sánchez | YaYa | Depay | Mahrez (Westwood)
    Aguero | Benteke | Gomis

Sako + Costa would leave me 0.7 to sort out my defense!

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Will probably use my triple captain next week.

I could desperately do with those six points!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

2FT banked...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've already done it. Couldn't be bothered waiting - and I'm very aware of the risks.

Can take a nice break away from thinking about the game now.

Have 4.5 mil or something crazy banked. Could afford Costa in the future but don't think it's worth the heartache unless he is playing out of his skin.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've already done it. Couldn't be bothered waiting - and I'm very aware of the risks.

Can take a nice break away from thinking about the game now.

Have 4.5 mil or something crazy banked. Could afford Costa in the future but don't think it's worth the heartache unless he is playing out of his skin.

I love those breaks from thinking about the game. Always a pleasant 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    I love those breaks from thinking about the game. Always a pleasant 5 mins

I'm always on here but rarely check my own team. It's picked for the next GW now and I won't look at it again until the night before deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think I'll do Diouf to Wilson tonight motivated by the prices. Hopefully Ayew doesn't rise tonight then transfers slow way down.

Torn between him and Pedro in for Depoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Need to decide weather to Wilcard or not.

At the moment I have:

9bb867d6a4fae86e05e37c8865ee90d3.png

Would probably take a hit if I didnt wildcard. Not sure if this will be the best week for it or not. On the fence.

What's your thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »

Torn between him and Pedro in for Depoo.

Teeheeheehee Depoo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Teeheeheehee Depoo :)

Bring in dodoo for him

Advertisement