Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Have to say a big thanks to everyone on this tread over the past while it's been a mine of information for newbies like myself. (Not fishing for Thanks). I've been keeping three other newbies up to speed thanks to this tread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You're obviously new to this thread. How to sneak in drink is possibly the second most popular topic on here.

Yeah some of the mods don't like it been discussed though, I remember a warning note in the 2014 thread as the drink smuggling tips went on for two and a half pages or something like that. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

dublinjen wrote: »
    +1 on this.

Can't believe the amount of time I spend in here and I miss that. Face palm

Not able to send screen shot on pm ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Has the map shown up on Twitter or anything?

Annoyed to miss that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I'd take a pm of the map if a kind soul would like to send it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you're really missing nothing by not seeing the map. imagine last years map with one or two minuscule changes. It was taken down because it was like a site survey map with grid marks and all for the fire safety engineers and it had all the entrances and exits marked on it including ones we shouldn't know and where they were storing the LPG tanks and all that.

Despacio is south of the oxjam tent and just beside the ferris wheel.

Everything else except for the stuff that was mentioned in this thread right after it was posted is nearly identical to last year's layout! So don't worry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fiachb7

Lads, if you want to get drink into the arena, get the collapsible water bottles from Mr.price for €1.50.

I had a picture but I can't post links.

Don't fill them up completely and they will slide nicely into a welly or hook onto the inside of your coat. They can hold 400 mls full.

We used them at T in the Park and worked like a charm every time. Just make sure you enter the arena at a busy period because you'll get checked more vigorously the quieter the entrance and the more bored the stewards are.

Bare in mind, TitP security was a lot laxer. For example, I saw boys getting raped by sniffer dogs just being waived through the gates like nothing was happening. I'm also pretty sure some of them weren't even sniffer dogs.

Yeah some of the mods don't like it been discussed though, I remember a warning note in the 2014 thread as the drink smuggling tips went on for two and a half pages or something like that. :)

Yeah that's why I was a bit dodgy about asking. Anyway, appreciate the feedback and we'll leave it at that. I really can't wait. Looking forward to the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Staying in the pink moon camp site, wheres best to park?

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Staying in the pink moon camp site, wheres best to park?

You should have received an email from them in the last day or so. Car park X and Z are the best places to park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

So the next question then is what's the best route to ensure that you get funnelled into those car parks and not into the big ones that are far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Feel like I'm a festival genius or missing a vital flaw in my plan.

Picked up a picnic blanket with plastic backing, I'm imagining myself sitting at the back of a daytime gig, with some of those yum chips and a pint.

€7 in Tiger (blanch), with a absolutely insulting pink & polkadot pattern if anyone else is considering the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

MadYaker wrote: »
    If anyone saved the pic of the map I'd be very grateful to get it in a PM

Yes please me too! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just got decent batteries for the lantern and the blow up mattress gizmo, have tent, sleeping bag and inflatable mattress ready. Will do a laundry tomorrow and when I hit Stradbally on Sunday will get booze, wet wipes, snacks and toilet roll and I have about four or five things to charge up tomorrow night. Bring it on!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Inside info.... Shane McGowan making an appearance on salty dog on Saturday ssshhhhhh :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

So the next question then is what's the best route to ensure that you get funnelled into those car parks and not into the big ones that are far away.
    aim so that you're coming into Stradbally from the south.
    if coming from Dublin, go down the m9, off into Athy, take a right halfway through the town at the sign for Stradbally, drive through Stradbally main street, carparks X/Y/Z will be on your left and you should be directed into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    There

It calls the "Little Big Tent", the "Little Big Stage".

People think there's anything in it? Could they be turning that into a more outdoorsy vibe?!

i wouldn't say so, the pink circle to the left of it is the tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The full map is class!! Yea I'd say they're pissed off alright, it shows a whole host of items they might not want the general public to see! Like generators LPG gas tanks etc.

and CCTV ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Has the map shown up on Twitter or anything?

Annoyed to miss that!!

I'll stick it on twitter in 10 #epmap

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    Some people don't like sleeping with the peasants. Generally if you can afford a camper van you have moved on from camping and don't mind the extra cost involved.

that is a crazy generalisation... there are all sorts of folk in campervans. We got a camper cos it saves us on accommodation costs when we travel around Ireland .. not only for festivals, It wasn't a huge outlay and has paid for itself in 3 years ... It does become a bit of an obsessive lifestyle after a while I can tell you.

Have to say a big thanks to everyone on this tread over the past while it's been a mine of information for newbies like myself. (Not fishing for Thanks). I've been keeping three other newbies up to speed thanks to this tread.

a bit like not asking for upvotes or gold on reddit ... Thanked!

dublinjen wrote: »
    Feel like I'm a festival genius or missing a vital flaw in my plan.

Picked up a picnic blanket with plastic backing, I'm imagining myself sitting at the back of a daytime gig, with some of those yum chips and a pint.

€7 in Tiger (blanch), with a absolutely insulting pink & polkadot pattern if anyone else is considering the same

I have lost more picnic blankets at festivals than i care to remember ... its great for the afternoon but after a few hours .. "where's the blanket?" "I dunno, I thought you had it" "no, you had it" "FFS.. where were we when we last had it?"

prepare to lose this useful item

Mr.S wrote: »
    that's wrong though, it's last year's with 2015 written on it.
    none of this year's new changes/areas are on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Haha. It's a helluva tread. Had a look but couldn't really find anything concrete.

I must've missed my post about buying breast milk bags and filling them with vodka or whatever and sliding them down the side of your wellies 😎

Mr.S wrote: »
    I haven't been keeping up to date with EP, what new areas are there!?

Typical Irish Sun :rolleyes:
    Despacio tent is down just after the Hendrix entrance when you come into the arena.
    Eco/BYE campsite has moved from Wilde to beside the Tour de Picnic, where part of the Chaplin campsite was last year.
    probably a few more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

Guys would anyone be able to tell me roughly where volunteer/crew camping is? Is it far away from everywhere else or is it grand??

My missus was preggers 2 years ago so we parked in car park Z. Came off at portlaoise but indeed of following directions we went straight through at the roundabout and went through the back roads with the sat nav. Took 15mins

ando wrote: »
    Yes please me too! Thanks

Twitter #epmap

• Advertisement

pmalone wrote: »
    a bit like not asking for upvotes or gold on reddit ... Thanked!

Couldn't give a crap about thanks on here. Just a genuine thanks!

Advertisement