Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest thing your housemate has done?

Options
  • 25-08-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

We got a new housemate a few weeks ago. Suffice to say, given the title of the thread, he's fairly weird. I can't type out all the sh*te he's pulled over the past few weeks, because I don't know if he goes on Boards.

But, I've just come from the bathroom to find the bathroom seat up (annoying, but not that annoying), and, when I put it down, there were drops of liquid (either water or pee) all over the seat. That didn't get there from peeing with the seat up, and hitting the seat - they were far too central on the seat. I don't know if that's understandable. But, probably took some effort? It wouldn't surprise me at all at this stage if he urinated on the seat, then put the seat up, just to leave a disgusting, urine 'surprise' for the next person to go to use the loo.

Ugh.

He's the most disgusting creature.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Once had a roommate who cleared out the house of pcs, laptops, tvs, vcrs and any other technology they could find, and made it look like a burglary.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

Stheno wrote: »
    Once had a roommate who cleared out the house of pcs, laptops, tvs, vcrs and any other technology they could find, and made it look like a burglary.
    How did ye know it was him, were ye able to prove it?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

ash777 wrote: »

Links??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

But, I've just come from the bathroom to find the bathroom seat up (annoying, but not that annoying), and, when I put it down, there were drops of liquid (either water or pee) all over the seat. That didn't get there from peeing with the seat up, and hitting the seat - they were far too central on the seat. I don't know if that's understandable. But, probably took some effort? It wouldn't surprise me at all at this stage if he urinated on the seat, then put the seat up, just to leave a disgusting, urine 'surprise' for the next person to go to use the loo.

Ugh.

No difference between that and letting the dishes drip dry :):)

Lived with same fellows for a couple of years. All we did was drank and went out and played cards. I'd say there were nights when none of us hit the toilet bowl, let alone the seat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The cops figured it out, he was arrested, charged and convicted.

Twas back in the 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Much more hygienic then tea towels.

Hello, weirdo housemate. :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I used to have a house mate who would lock door at night and leave his keys in door on inside no matter how many times you would ask him not to.

I asked him a few times could I borrow back door key so I could get it cut to which he said he didn't have one, so I found it on his bunch ,took it off, got it cut and put back without him knowing.

Comes the usual weekend door lock out, ringing bell and knocking to the usual no answer, so I came in back door to which he questions me how I got in .

Not so much weird but a pr1ck . I never did anything to him either, my other house mate used to put Emerson on with a huge sheet of paper over switch saying "Do not turn off" as she needed shower to go to work . .... Yep u guessed it , he would turn off .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Stealing a dog. Keeping old takeaway containers under her bed for weeks. Lying about my friend to a guy she'd just started seeing and saying she had a serious boyfriend because she wanted the guy to go out with her friend instead.

Taking a series of pictures of herself and showing them to me to prove that Barack Obama was possessing her.

Walking around the house at 9am banging a bodhran and screaming "where's my picture!" when two other housemates drunkenly hid a horrible picture she had in the sitting room. Bad prank, worse reaction.

Telling me to stop feeding her cats because she was getting jealous.

Keeping tins of food stacked on the mantelpiece because he liked looking at how much food he had.

All separate housemates.

• Advertisement

Walking around the house at 9am banging a bodhran and screaming "where's my picture!" when two other housemates drunkenly hid a horrible picture she had in the sitting room. Bad prank, worse reaction.

I laughed more than I should at that one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

We got a new housemate a few weeks ago. Suffice to say, given the title of the thread, he's fairly weird. I can't type out all the sh*te he's pulled over the past few weeks, because I don't know if he goes on Boards.

Ugh.

That's what you get for living with boys! :mad:

I laughed more than I should at that one :pac:

I hadn't been involved so I thought it was pretty funny myself! Arrived at the house around ten to two spectacularly hungover and rather shell shocked young fellas clutching cups of tea in shaking hands. Yer one had gone out to have a walk to calm down or she didn't know what she was going to do, apparently. Pretty much the only time she left the fcuking house the whole four months I was there. Until she moved out for good. And then the debt collectors started arriving looking for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

I can't think of anything. To be honest, I am probably the weird housemate in our house!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

Stealing a dog. Keeping old takeaway containers under her bed for weeks. Lying about my friend to a guy she'd just started seeing and saying she had a serious boyfriend because she wanted the guy to go out with her friend instead.

Taking a series of pictures of herself and showing them to me to prove that Barack Obama was possessing her.

Telling me to stop feeding her cats because she was getting jealous.

Keeping tins of food stacked on the mantelpiece because he liked looking at how much food he had.

All separate housemates.

The stealing a dog and being possessed by Obama bit. You really need to expand on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Depends on what liquid you use to wash the dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

Shared a house with a dude who i seen wearing my boxers........:eek:, Needless to say i let him keep them.

Another guy would eat my food, no biggie didn't mind to much(rather he eat than be hungry)Right up until he called a house meeting about people eating his food. :confused:

Why do guys have to lift the seat, Why don't women put it up when there are done.
    When i see it down I'm like challenge accepted........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Got up and peed on the floor in front of guests, then left the kitchen. Another time I was watching TV and he came in and started having a jimmy tank.

Have had him since he was a puppy.

The stealing a dog and being possessed by Obama bit. You really need to expand on them!

Possessed by Obama lady was a paranoid schizophrenic I think, lovely woman actually, god love her.

Stealing a dog woman was just a rotten bitch, she went out on a night with the hunzos in Kinsale or somewhere (we lived in Cork city), got coked off her manky face and managed to smuggle a dog back on a coach. It was a small dog. Went home to the folks for the weekend then so I had to take care of the dog, and then I was public enemy number one for telling her she was responsible for replacing the tins of tuna and stuff I'd had to take from presses to feed the poor thing.

I attract mad people, it runs in the family

Possessed by Obama lady was a paranoid schizophrenic I think, lovely woman actually, god love her.

Stealing a dog woman was just a rotten bitch, she went out on a night with the hunzos in Kinsale or somewhere (we lived in Cork city), got coked off her manky face and managed to smuggle a dog back on a coach. It was a small dog. Went home to the folks for the weekend then so I had to take care of the dog, and then I was public enemy number one for telling her she was responsible for replacing the tins of tuna and stuff I'd had to take from presses to feed the poor thing.

I attract mad people, it runs in the family

You've certainly had your fair share :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You've certainly had your fair share :rolleyes:

Done with it all now hopefully. I had plenty lovely housemates too like!

wylie wrote: »
    Shared a house with a dude who i seen wearing my boxers........:eek:, Needless to say i let him keep them.

Another guy would eat my food, no biggie didn't mind to much(rather he eat than be hungry)Right up until he called a house meeting about people eating his food. :confused:

Why do guys have to lift the seat, Why don't women put it up when there are done.

Second paragraph sounds like the fella we've been cursed with. He's been using some of my stuff (I'm not going to state what it was :p), he bought some of his own when I moved mine as the whole "Stop using my stuff" conversation didn't seem to have gotten through to him. He sticks the packet that he bought blatantly in a part of the kitchen that you can't but spot it. He then sellotapes his packet closed (it's not the type of thing you'd normally sellotape closed). Jesus Christ, like. :confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Puked on me. It's OK though cos they're my kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

He then sellotapes his packet closed (it's not the type of thing you'd normally sellotape closed). Jesus Christ, like. :confused::rolleyes:

I do that too.

Fcekin adult children keep arriving back and robbing my stuff :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

A former housemate shìtè himself and fell asleep on the couch...not a nice smell to come home to, after a few pints in the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Ate from the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

wylie wrote: »

Women only ever use it with seat down. guys use it both ways so it makes sense to keep it down. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭brevity

When i first moved out if home I lived with a landlady who thought that if you cooked with the over door closed it would cause a house fire. So she used to open it when something was cooking...

She also used to scream in her sleep due to bad nightmares. Possibly about house fires, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

Every time I went home for a weekend one of my sock thieving housemates would rearrange everything in the house. 'twas very odd indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I had a housemate who really wanted to keep to herself...no problem with that.

But she had her brother stay one night unknown to me and he was sitting an exam the next morning.

As usual when I left the house in the morning, double licked the front door...ling story short, guy had to repeat exam several months later as he couldn't get out of the house.

Advertisement