Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man caught on camera keying 100k Aston Martin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

rubadub wrote: »
    He is still increasing insurance for everybody else, so he is attacking lots of people he has no issue with, probably including himself & friends & family.

If you want to attack a car there might be other ways, like smearing dog shit on the door handle.

Nah, too much trouble lifting the dog up, even then, he mightn't even want a crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

seamus wrote: »
    The thing which actually caught my eye was the pram. That's not a cheap pram: http://tonykealys.com/stokke/xplory/stokker-xploryr.html

So this guy can't exactly be living in poverty himself.

Pram spotter, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

rubadub wrote: »
    He is still increasing insurance for everybody else, so he is attacking lots of people he has no issue with, probably including himself & friends & family.

If you want to attack a car there might be other ways, like smearing dog shit on the door handle.

Oh I get that completely, it's just everyone was straight away jumping on the begrudgery bandwagon without knowing any details!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see begrudgery isn't strictly an Irish thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Arytonblue

I hope the key is okay.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    People can begrudge you anything, tis in the nature of the begrudger.

Never underestimate the power of envy and spite. Combined, they're the deadliest of all traits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

Meh, if she bought a convertible in Ireland then she probably deserved it.

So much bitterness in this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

hytrogen wrote: »
    Eh the dole in the UK is a fraction to what they offer here.. average between £57 & £73 per week. So it's an ASBO & insurance claim unfortunately
    osarusan wrote: »
    Welfare gave it to him to replace the old one sure.

So, man keys car. Man looks well-off.

Immediate reaction is "welfare sponge". Because god now, no good, law-abidin', taxpayer would ever be a rolling douchewagon. Nope, must be the filthy lower classes.

Unsure if this is a really bizarre blind spot that people in AH have, since you can pretty much bet on how long it takes for someone to spout off about it on any thread like this, or if there's just a couple of people who are tunnel-vision obsessed.

Are we sure the car wasn't in a handicapped space?

I was thinking that myself. Not - of course - that the motivations for his action justify his crime. But at the same time I did not look at the video and automatically assume it was a guy scratching a car out of begrudgery for wealth.

For all we know the driver was in a handicapped space - had just kicked the guys dog - or when parking had nearly run over the tiny but expensive pram the guy was pushing around. There is any number of possible motivations the keyer may have had.

I repeat little would justify his action(s) really - but I am not willing to jump to any assumptions - nor have I in my life had that much rage or undirected hate in my life to even consider doing something of that sort. So it is a head space I can not put myself in. I have as much concern FOR this criminal therefore as I have interest in seeing him prosecuted for his crime. We can view him as a scumbag criminal - or as a possibly miserable and unwell human being.

I hope he is caught. I also hope he gets help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

What are you on about?

I've a fair amount of driving experience over several decades.

I've driven a CHEAP convertible for the last 6 years.
    Winter & Summer. Like everything else in life, its not for everyone. But when I was recovering from serious illness and driving through the lanes with the top down on a winters day with crisp blue skies and could hear the birds singing it was my tonic. When I was driving it into the ground during the height of the storms on new years morning a couple of years ago it was one of the best times I've ever had behind the wheel. The interaction and conversation I've had in car parks with all kinds and ages of people interested in this little go kart has been great and gone a long way to restoring my faith in people in general.

Out of curiosity - have you ever tried driving a convertible? Go on, don't be scared of FUN, everything in life doesn't have to serious or purposeful :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

So much dur in one go. What do you drive big boy? A soulless clatterbox would be my guess.

Ireland is an ideal country for a convertible. We get plenty of dry days and a nice summers day here is a perfect temperature.

In hot countries its just uncomfortable in a convertible as its too hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Saw this on Liveleak yesterday. Some guy did a GIF of his face just before he keyed it. It's class.

First one who finds it will get SFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

I'm the man in the video. I was having a bad day and I just lost it. I'm very sorry for what I did and am getting help for my anger issues. Sorry everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm the man in the video. I was having a bad day and I just lost it. I'm very sorry for what I did and am getting help for my anger issues. Sorry everyone.

Anger at others because you're stuck driving a pram is wrong.

Unless you have DNA test results to base your anger on, then you can work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NorthDublin1

Delighted he was caught on camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

I know I had plenty of landlords supervisors and dirty stinking cheating boyfriends over the years who deserved their cars keying I just hadn't the guts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

I know I had plenty of landlords supervisors and dirty stinking cheating boyfriends over the years who deserved their cars keying I just hadn't the guts

Keying someone's car doesn't equate to having guts, in fact it's the entire opposite, it's cowardly. If you have an issue with someone make it direct to the person, not take it out on their possession(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Hmmm no idea of the motivation but I will pretend I do in proper Gaurandian style and claim that this is a natural and justified reaction to the gentrification of his local area by an over privileged elite who are destroying his community and he's striking a blow against the white male Borris Johnson voting yuppies.
    Actually no sympathy at all for the car owner, somebody lives in Hackney who drives a 100,000 over powered car probably is a w@nker with too much money.
    Embrace your inner begrudger and be proud!

Also about the insurance thing, how come its ok for the blind guy that fell out the window to make a ridiculous claim against his friends house insurance if rises in premiums are such a big deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

EazyD wrote: »
    If you have an issue with someone make it direct to the person, not take it out on their possession(s).
    And it's not just taking it out on them, it's taking it out on anybody who pays insurance. The act of a mindless cunt.

If you wanted revenge you could steal £9000 worth from the person, people's insurance will also go up if they claim, you are at least now a proper cunt, rather than a completely sensless one. At least it's not a loss all around.

Also about the insurance thing, how come its ok for the blind guy that fell out the window to make a ridiculous claim against his friends house insurance if rises in premiums are such a big deal
    If there was a video of his friend with a big sneery head on him pushing him out the window, and then he claimed against insurance, people would similarly be pissed off that the friend is is not paying the costs, for purposely doing such a vindictive and appalling act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Albert the Luminous

So much bitterness in this post.

I think he/she was been sarcastic...

(I hope!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I bet he's sh1tting it now, obviously never expected a dash cam to be rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Or an Ecar charging point lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Ridiculous seeing people here claiming that keying a car is ok under certain deserving conditions. Damaging someone's car in some act of vigilantism is cowardly. Doesn't matter if they're parked sideways in a disabled recharging spot for mothers and children, ring the relevant authority and get the car clamped or towed but damaging it to 'get back at them' is stupid.

The reason it will cost 9000 pounds is that when a car is keyed it doesn't just remove paint it puts a long dent which has to be filled and all the panels fully resprayed and astons have 4 or more layers of paint so it's probably in excess of 40 hours of skilled work to get this back to looking like it never happened, but the damage will never be fully gone without replacing the panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

I always find such jealousy amusing. No doubt the vandal was the guy mocking his nerdy classmate in school. Now that he is a fully grown up sponger, his only way to express his jealousy of his fellow human that works hard/earned his money is a meaningless act of vandalism.

The only sad part for me is the child. What child truly has a chance of living an amazing and productive life with a parent like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Samaris wrote: »
    So, man keys car. Man looks well-off.

Immediate reaction is "welfare sponge". Because god now, no good, law-abidin', taxpayer would ever be a rolling douchewagon. Nope, must be the filthy lower classes.

Unsure if this is a really bizarre blind spot that people in AH have, since you can pretty much bet on how long it takes for someone to spout off about it on any thread like this, or if there's just a couple of people who are tunnel-vision obsessed.

Careful who you pigeon hole, I was just stating the facts of what will happen if he couldn't pay for the damage.
    Tbh I'd pigeon hole him into "gobsh1t3" anyway for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

That doesn't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Rolling me pram, me don't give a damn.
    Look at the rich man with his V8, thinks he's great,
    Well Imma slide my key along his shine, cause I wish it were mine.
    What you mean my picture in the paper, is this a caper?
    No way, the God damn cash man, had a fcuking dash cam!
    Look after you mum son, have some courage, Daddy has go eat some porridge.

Advertisement