Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

A few weeks on and I still love this fone!!
    Only 2 things about it I'm not mad about:
    1. No network indicator in roaming (48 network)
    2. During calls I often put people on hold , cut them off or change settings with my cheek which is super annoying!!

If anyone knows how to fix any of these issues I'd be very happy!! :)

unreg999 wrote:
    No... I ordered mine 15th July & the expected delivery date was 21st - 23rd July!! I've just messages the seller but if I don't hear back in the next day or two I'm cancelling the order!

I got a reply back with an apology & 'they must have been lost in the post' hmmmmm not sure what to think about that!
    They have sent me out another set today by first class apparently....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

unreg999 wrote: »
    I got a reply back with an apology & 'they must have been lost in the post' hmmmmm not sure what to think about that!
    They have sent me out another set today by first class apparently....

You might get 2 sets then ;) waiting on your pm when they arrive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

@unreg999: was that the the 10 pack of silicon cases? I'll have to contact the seller too. Probably just a delayed arrival so they're using the lost in the post excuse.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

lukeeman wrote: »
    Would this phone be a upgrade from the S4

I'll be changing to this from an S4.

The main benefits are a bigger screen and better battery life. The processor, and RAM etc are similar, and the Smart Ultra is probably better. It's mid range spec, but I'd presume better than what was top spec 2 years ago.

My S4 has just never been great, so I suspect this will at very least do me for a year or so before I decide on something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The main benefits are a bigger screen and better battery life. The processor, and RAM etc are similar, and the Smart Ultra is probably better. It's mid range spec, but I'd presume better than what was top spec 2 years ago.

My S4 has just never been great, so I suspect this will at very least do me for a year or so before I decide on something else.
    In theory the OS should make this better than TouchWiz on the Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Two years ago Snapdragon 800 was the top SoC. When comes to performance, especially in the GPU department, it still is superior to 615.

Geekbench (single/multi core) performance is as follows

800: 900/2200
    615: 650/2350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Kind of giving up hope on managing to get my hands on this. They hinted at re-stocking their web store today but it hasn't happened and I need a new phone in the next couple of weeks.

Any suggestions on what the next-best bargain phone is?

robman60 wrote:
    @unreg999: was that the the 10 pack of silicon cases? I'll have to contact the seller too. Probably just a delayed arrival so they're using the lost in the post excuse.

Yes it was the pack of 10...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Kind of giving up hope on managing to get my hands on this. They hinted at re-stocking their web store today but it hasn't happened and I need a new phone in the next couple of weeks.

I'm in the same position as you, thinking of a Lenovo K3 note but it would have to be ordered online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Lenovo K3 Note

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

I'm in the same position as you, thinking of a Lenovo K3 note but it would have to be ordered online

There are a few ads on adverts.ie for ZTEs and similar phones.
    You can compare them on this site (just pick the phone and add to compare)
    http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/26083af30

Before I seen this tread - I was going to buy one off "adverts" or the ZTE in Argos (but went for the VF Ultra 6 - better screen)

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=zte&authToken=
    Adverts sample
    http://www.adverts.ie/shops/bargain-mobiles-shop/

Cases/Cover: whatever you go for make sure it comes with or you can purchase a case/cover to fit it - even a universal case (currently an issue with the Ultra 6).

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

I was in Vodafone at the top of Grafton Street today (bought the Smart Prime 6) and they had 3 of the Smart Ultra 6 in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

cs5 wrote: »
    I was in Vodafone at the top of Grafton Street today (bought the Smart Prime 6) and they had 3 of the Smart Ultra 6 in stock.

What do you make of the smart prime? Am thinking of getting that because of its size but people have suggested that 1 gig of ram is not enough to run android

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Haven't started to use it yet as I'm waiting to get it unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

cuculainn wrote: »
    What do you make of the smart prime? Am thinking of getting that because of its size but people have suggested that 1 gig of ram is not enough to run android

Whoever advised you that 1GB of RAM is inadequate for Android is correct. 1GB was ok for kitkat, but Lollipop really pushes it. The Moto G with 1GB was grand under kitkat but became a pig with Lollipop. The Prime also can not currently be unlocked. Get the Ultra. Definitely the best bang per buck phone at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anyone else's signal bar keep coming and going? Like sometimes it would show no signal but as soon as I'd try to call someone it would show it coming back :/

Everything works fine and I'm sure the signals there as I've gotten people to test call me while the bar was down... Just notice it keeps coming and going. Maybe it's just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My gripe is the lack of ringtones.

Anyone any suggestions for more free ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

My gripe is the lack of ringtones.

Anyone any suggestions for more free ones?

Zedge!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Zedge!

You really have to trawl, though, there's some awful scour on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Im trying to use the Sky Go App but am getting the message "SkyGo desnt support Miracast" Any ideas anyone ??

thanks

Me too. After a bit of Googling I think the manufacturer has to disable it in the firmware

Link - helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Sky-Go-Android-5-Miracast-Error/td-p/2316309
    There have been a few cases where manufacturers haven't fully implemented Miracast controls, so it's never completely switched off - it usually takes a firmware update to resolve. It happened with the Samsung S5, for example.

More - forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-products-services/Miracast-on-the-Vodaphone-Prime-6-and-Ultra-6/td-p/2414382

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I have the phone about a week and a half and gave it a lot of use.

A few bugs
    1. Notifications ring is unpredictable, I have to check the phone periodically as sometimes the ring won't notify me.

2. Laggy. Slight lag when unlocking and through menu's, probably software related but annoying.

3. Camera can take a while to focus, more noticeable with video camera.

4. Proximity sensor. I randomly place people on hold with my cheek and sometimes the screen remains black after I finish a call so I can't hang up.

5. Light sensor. The screen sometimes refuses to dim in low light conditions when adaptive brightness is selected, it remains on full brightness even when fully lowered in notifications panal.

6. Antutu score. Well this is more of an annoyance. Runtime score is in the low 200s even though all other scores are respectable. My 1st gen moto g scores 2000 so I really don't know why it's so low on the ultra.

Still the best phone by a long way for the money, 175 unlocked, bargain.

corwill wrote: »
    You really have to trawl, though, there's some awful scour on it.

I got a few good ones and my son loves the aliens (minions to the rest of us :))

corsav6 wrote:
    4. Proximity sensor. I randomly place people on hold with my cheek and sometimes the screen remains black after I finish a call so I can't hang up.

I really am happy with this fone... Haven't noticed any lagging or anything else, the camera is OK & focus isn't great but It's not too bad... The only thing that does really annoy me is the Proximity sensor... Almost every fone call gets put on hold, muted or some settings changed by my ear/cheek/head in general! My partner is starting to get a bit pi**ed off with it too!
    Yeah that's annoying! I wish I knew a way around that one or how to stop it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I got a few good ones and my son loves the aliens (minions to the rest of us :))

I got the opening riff from House of the Rising Sun from them as my most recent ringtone, but I had to browse through some atrocities to get to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

corsav6 wrote: »
    1. Notifications ring is unpredictable, I have to check the phone periodically as sometimes the ring won't notify me.

Have you tried LightFlow Light from the Play Store? Gives more control over notification light settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

corwill wrote: »
    I got the opening riff from House of the Rising Sun from them as my most recent ringtone, but I had to browse through some atrocities to get to it!

I've taken the theme music for serial the podcast

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

my phone suddenly wont power on.
    Its charging ok with the light coming on on the middle button but there is no power.

Has anyone any ideas?

Edit: got it sorted by pressing volume and power keys. The only thing I can think was the cause was that the keys got pushed in in a non standard case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm just back from holidays and need to pick up this lovely phone.
    I have a Nexus 6 that's got a memory leak issue leading to random restarts and app reoptimising, even with the recent update to 5.1.1, its a pain in the h0le.
    I was kindly notified the stock situation by a user, can that be refreshed at all?
    I'm in Swords, but would travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gaduktos

I just unlocked it, but when I put lycamobile sim card in, it shows no service - emergency calls only! does it work with lycamoblie Irealnd or it is something wong with my phone?

Thanks

Advertisement