Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Cyclist arguement with a brilliant ending NSFW or kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That lil kick was funny, the new lord of the dance.
    He rolled like a tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

stecleary wrote: »
    Like all videos when a cyclist mentions "I'm going to put you on youtube" it's a tale of two dickheads!
    They cyclist could have easily just handed the footage to the police and reported the bloke but instead went hunting for the argument to make his youtube video worth watching for the spitting spastic!
    The attitude of the driver is the typical one of those that think their car has more right to the road.

All in all two twats and neither should be on the road

Whilst the cyclist does comes across as a twat, why should he not be on the road? He did nothing wrong (apart from cycling on the footpath at the end which given he was fleeing an attempted assault is understandable).

On the other hand, the car driver firstly failed to give adequate space to a fellow road user, then tried to blame the cyclist for the issue, then threatened to kill him.

One of them is annoying, the other appears to be mentally unstable and not a good candidate for giving a 1 tonne engine powered vehicle.

There has also been people on here giving out about guys who film these events as if it is their fault. I agree that they seem to encounter a large amount of these events, but if the drivers actually behaved in a respectful manner and followed the rules of the road then there would be no clips to show. It is worrying that so many of these clips exist. I dread to think if I got a camera and actually started to take account of the numerous times I get close to issues like these, but I simply pass them off and move on.

Maybe its cowardly on my part to avoid (what I believe) is a pointless confrontation. Maybe its because I don't want to remind myself of the dangers. Maybe if all road users took note of other offences then we would all quickly start to behave better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Whilst the cyclist does comes across as a twat, why should he not be on the road? He did nothing wrong (apart from cycling on the footpath at the end which given he was fleeing an attempted assault is understandable).

On the other hand, the car driver firstly failed to give adequate space to a fellow road user, then tried to blame the cyclist for the issue, then threatened to kill him.

One of them is annoying, the other appears to be mentally unstable and not a good candidate for giving a 1 tonne engine powered vehicle.

There has also been people on here giving out about guys who film these events as if it is their fault. I agree that they seem to encounter a large amount of these events, but if the drivers actually behaved in a respectful manner and followed the rules of the road then there would be no clips to show. It is worrying that so many of these clips exist. I dread to think if I got a camera and actually started to take account of the numerous times I get close to issues like these, but I simply pass them off and move on.

Maybe its cowardly on my part to avoid (what I believe) is a pointless confrontation. Maybe its because I don't want to remind myself of the dangers. Maybe if all road users took note of other offences then we would all quickly start to behave better.

the video is hilarious and the motorist has serious anger issues. :pac:

but that cyclist in the video was a very silly man to follow the motorist. That video could have had a very different ending if the motorist had caught the cyclist.
    I speak from experience, 3 years ago I saw a motorist get a good beating from another motorist in road rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Whilst the cyclist does comes across as a twat, why should he not be on the road?

Because he suffers from road rage just as much as the aggressive driver does. Whilst not the initiator he certainly didn't help the situation in any way.
    I cycle through dublin city every day and have had more than my fair share of buzzings from cars, vans, busses and even other cyclist. I've not always held my cool when it's happened but I've never gone and chased a car down or looped back on myself to get to one.

I'd be interested to find out if this footage ever made it to the police and if so who would they put more blame on.
    The world and it's mother can see the driver is at fault, there is no doubting it but the guy on the bike went after him with the sole purpose of letting him know he was putting him on youtube. Why not just put him on youtube after getting home safely minus the stand up argument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

RainyDay wrote: »

I think we must have different definitions of 'instigate'.

Insigate, bring about or initiate (an action or event)

What definition were you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Both absolute twats but:

a) the driver gave him plenty of room. You can see from the rear camera that he's four or five feet away from him and on the front camera that he was driving at the far right of the lane.

b) In his desire to make a show of things, the cyclist nearly snots several pedestrians, which nobody appears to make any mention of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why did lovindublin even post this, except as clickbait? the attempt to justify it as part of a debate is awfully flimsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,549 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Both absolute twats but:

a) the driver gave him plenty of room. You can see from the rear camera that he's four or five feet away from him and on the front camera that he was driving at the far right of the lane.

b) In his desire to make a show of things, the cyclist nearly snots several pedestrians, which nobody appears to make any mention of.

That was a lot less than five feet! Don't forget, most go-pro style cams have super wide lenses. And the part where you think he nearly snots pedestrians is actually speeded up. He's not actually going that fast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The passenger in the car seems to be keeping his head down :pac:

why did lovindublin even post this, except as clickbait? the attempt to justify it as part of a debate is awfully flimsy.

Because they're a shower of idiots who, when grouped together, don't appear to have the intelligence to spell either "journalism" or "editing" or "entertainment". A sham and a scam of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

WillyFXP wrote: »
    Insigate, bring about or initiate (an action or event)

What definition were you using?

Oh right, same definition then. Perhaps you missed the start of the video where the driver drove within a couple of inches of the cyclist's handlebars, then abused him for not wearing a helmet (not legally required) while he was not wearing a seatbelt (legally required) himself, then FFF-d and blinded for a bit - does this not constitute 'bring about or initiate'?
    stecleary wrote: »
    Why not just put him on youtube after getting home safely minus the stand up argument
    Probably because that would do nothing to change the driver's driving.
    QuinDixie wrote: »
    but that cyclist in the video was a very silly man to follow the motorist. That video could have had a very different ending if the motorist had caught the cyclist.
    I speak from experience, 3 years ago I saw a motorist get a good beating from another motorist in road rage.
    Yep, those things can happen, though they are very unlikely to happen in reality. In your world, what are the things that get your goat enough for you to speak up - the person who pushed into the ATM queue or till queue ahead of you? Or the person who abuses their wife or child in public? Or the person who drops their litter or lets their dog take a dump on your lawn? What are your triggers for speaking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Cyclists at fault here, there was ample room for the bike. Typical modern behaviour, he felt entitled to harass the driver. What a muppet.

It won't be long before one of these go pro idiots gets seriously hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

T-K-O wrote: »
    Cyclists at fault here, there was ample room for the bike. Typical modern behaviour, he felt entitled to harass the driver. What a muppet.

It won't be long before one of these go pro idiots gets seriously hurt.

There wasn't ample room for the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cyclist must get nowhere if he follows people around for something like that.

Inquitus wrote: »
    There wasn't ample room for the bike.

Yes there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭amacca

Maybe it is due to the wide angle lens but I have to say the car does not appear to actually get that close to the cyclist or be going that fast initially....would like to have seen that bit from another angle to get a better idea of distance apart and speed

if as I suspect he wasn't that close then even though the driver seems to be a foul mouthed gob****e by the sounds of things I'd be on his side and be of the opinion that the cyclist is a little bit of a self righteous busy body we could all do without having to share the roads with regardless of how many wheels you travel on.....I'd feel like giving him a couple of thumps if he followed me to blame me in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

"Makikomi I'm going to put you on youtube"...

Makikomi ~ ''Let me give you a Judo demonstration too so"..

:D

Fecking idiots, but they're a funny bunch with their buzz words too.. Like "punishment pass'' ''pinch point'' ''07 D 54321 look for yourself on youtube later", and and "I was left hooked" (someone had the audacity to turn left in front of our our).

I love cycling, winter and summer I'm out on my bike.. I'd hate to turn my cycles into a GoPro battle of wit, and endangering myself to prove someone else is wrong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's basically impossible to accurately judge how much room yer man actually had. Lenses can be a bit mental on those cameras, and we can't see his handlebars for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

If you handed that video to the police, its the cyclist would get in trouble for nearly knocking over the pedestrians at 37s in the video. He swept through that junction without stopping or looking to see if it was safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

It's basically impossible to accurately judge how much room yer man actually had. Lenses can be a bit mental on those cameras, and we can't see his handlebars for reference.

It's not really, cyclist was a doors width away front the cars, driver went around him with out team cyclist not having to change his course I'd say there was room for two cars in between the parked cars. Plenty of room for a pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Excellent example of "street theatre", and a lot funnier than most !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Sorry if this is up there, and sorry it's not embedded. Watch till the end. It's beautiful.

http://lovindublin.com/feature/watch-this-driver-fall-on-his-face-after-trying-to-kick-a-cyclist-off-his-bike

... why drivers should wear helmets.

You seem to be in agreement with the cyclist as to who was at fault in this video , if you are, it says quite a bit about your personality and the type of guy you are , maybe a bad driver nearly hit you or you have other unresolved issues but this cyclist was a complete Cnut and I was hoping the driver was going to give him a good kicking, but the big pansy hadn't the balls to get off his bike , the driver was a tit too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ymclynn

TBH the road was very narrow and he was in the middle of the road, also when he turned left, he went really close to the pedestrian walking across the road.

I tried cycling once but tbh was nearly squashed by a bus so decided to take the car safer. I do give safe distance though when passing a cyclist but get mad as hell when I see them without a helmet on, and those fe**ing coca cola bikes, once passed an idiot who jumped the lights turning right from Washington Street onto Grand Parade, with a small baby strapped to the back of her.

We all need to be responsible road users both cyclists and motor vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 9,549 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

whupdedo wrote: »
    You seem to be in agreement with the cyclist as to who was at fault in this video , if you are, it says quite a bit about your personality and the type of guy you are , maybe a bad driver nearly hit you or you have other unresolved

I just put the link up, apologised that it wasn't embedded in a friendly amused way.

Read my opening post again. This time read it really slowly and concentrate. Make sure there's nobody distracting you and you've given it 100% of your attention. If you did this the first time you probably wouldn't have put such a stupid, moronic, dimwitted post up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭roadrunner16

kick gets 7/10 ,

the form was good but he didn't stick the landing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

whupdedo wrote: »
    You seem to be in agreement with the cyclist as to who was at fault in this video , if you are, it says quite a bit about your personality and the type of guy you are , maybe a bad driver nearly hit you or you have other unresolved issues but this cyclist was a complete Cnut and I was hoping the driver was going to give him a good kicking, but the big pansy hadn't the balls to get off his bike , the driver was a tit too btw
    John_Rambo wrote: »
    I just put the link up, apologised that it wasn't embedded in a friendly amused way.

Read my opening post again. This time read it really slowly and concentrate. Make sure there's nobody distracting you and you've given it 100% of your attention. If you did this the first time you probably wouldn't have put such a stupid, moronic, dimwitted post up.

Keep a civil tone with each other from here on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I wonder did that twat on the bike ever get a dig in the mouth for provoking motorists, and did he post it on Youtube.

I'll bet he has gotten a slap or two, and the video will never see the light of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

pablo128 wrote: »
    I wonder did that twat on the bike ever get a dig in the mouth for provoking motorists, and did he post it on Youtube.

I'll bet he has gotten a slap or two, and the video will never see the light of day.

I wouldn't imagine so and that is why he's still at it.. I'll bet that slap is in his future

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Is this the cyclist who posts regular videos of this type of nonsense on youtube?
    looks very very familiar....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

RainyDay wrote: »
    Oh right, same definition then. Perhaps you missed the start of the video where the driver drove within a couple of inches of the cyclist's handlebars, then abused him for not wearing a helmet (not legally required) while he was not wearing a seatbelt (legally required) himself, then FFF-d and blinded for a bit - does this not constitute 'bring about or initiate'?

Probably because that would do nothing to change the driver's driving.

Yep, those things can happen, though they are very unlikely to happen in reality. In your world, what are the things that get your goat enough for you to speak up - the person who pushed into the ATM queue or till queue ahead of you? Or the person who abuses their wife or child in public? Or the person who drops their litter or lets their dog take a dump on your lawn? What are your triggers for speaking up?

Lets stick with reality, if the cyclist felt there was dangerous driving, he should of went to the police with the video. There was no need to follow the motorist, nothing was solved by this action. We just got a very funny video.
    Both cyclist and motorist come across as head cases.
    Too much anger and hatred around, as you say yourself lets keep it real.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement