Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime reduced to £59.Until 8th July

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

Regarding any existing Prime memberships transferring to a new Irish Amazon service, I would add that normally Amazon in both customer service and policies are normally extremely permissive of refunds or transferals in my experience so I would be very surprised if they were awkward this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

I think that Amazon missed a trick by not having Prime Day on the 19th of July:
    1: The Month (7) is prime
    2: The day (19) is prime
    3: The date in UK ddmm format (1907) (and 197!) is prime
    4: The date in US mmdd format (719) is prime

Too much free time on my commute!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

FWIW: made my first Prime order this past Wednesday at 7am: 1 blue-ray (Japanese cartoon Spirited Away) and a 1 32GB Micro SD card.
    Even though they were both in stock and for immediate availability they shipped separately: 1 at noon and the other at 4pm, both on Wednesday. This is quite amazingly fast compared to the treatment you get with the free Super Saver option
    Arrived last night at 8.30pm at Parcel Motel in Hanover Quay, Dublin 2
    Unfortunately they arrived in separate parcels so I paid twice the normal PM fee. They were both delivered at exactly the same time so probably PM could've put them in the same locker but they didnt.
    So all in all probably ended up only saving a few Euros on what I would've paid on high street but still pretty fast and convenient as PM 200mt from where I live.
    Also tried downloading the Instant Video app for iPad and watched an episode of a TV series (using a VPN service which I already subscribed to). Good quality video and decent catalog. This wasnt the primary reason to get Prime but I think I will make use of it from time to time
    All in all I'm satisfied with the service so far... looking forward to that Prime Day on July 15th. Better load up my PM account with credit 'cause I assume I will have to pay a fee for every single item :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

How do i use the kindle book loan thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    FWIW:
    Unfortunately they arrived in separate parcels so I paid twice the normal PM fee.

Amazon usually give the option to bundle items together or send them out as theyre ready.

Not sure if it's still the same with prime but I don't see why it shouldn't be.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Amazon usually give the option to bundle items together or send them out as theyre ready.

that option wasnt there during the check out process. I think by default with Prime items are sent with the "I want my items sooner. Dispatch them as soon as they become available" option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

its not because its UK delivery only and delivery is free so if you were living in the UK you wouldnt really care if two boxes dropped in your letter box, obviously using parcel motel you do care but amazon are really turning a blind eye to PM at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The option is there to pay more for items to be sent as and when they are ready but the default is that they are bundled into as few deliveries as possible.

354833.png

From an email where they sent an item earlier even though I asked foras few deliveries as possible
    Hello,
    We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched this portion of your order separately to give you a quicker service, at no additional cost to you. The remainder of your order will follow as soon as those items become available. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

also if they feel that some items may not be dispatched for a while they will send other items that are ready for dispatch, you do not get to choose. I would also not mention pArcel motel as they do not send to PO boxes and may blacklist your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

Amazon are definitely moving in on the Irish market. They have acquired the old Jacob's biscuit factory and I know of people who have been been hired to work in their Irish operation.

Niemoj wrote: »
    Now maybe they said this to appease me but I was told over live chat that the One Day delivery for Amazon Prime will be extended to the Republic Of Ireland "sometime" during the summer.

I then asked a seperate representative if this included Instant Video and I was told to contact the Amazon.ie team! :rolleyes:

But we live in hope eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

rgunning wrote: »
    Amazon are definitely moving in on the Irish market. They have acquired the old Jacob's biscuit factory and I know of people who have been been hired to work in their Irish operation.

I hope they don't end the free delivery from UK as I expect the Irish site will come with the usual small pond paddy tax added. Theres always amazon.de I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

But has there been any word whether that's to be a distribution centre for the Irish market or just another one of their cloud centres?

Be great if we finally got our own Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Niemoj wrote: »
    But has there been any word whether that's to be a distribution centre for the Irish market or just another one of their cloud centres?

Be great if we finally got our own Amazon.

Its going to be a data centre from what I've heard.

I got my prime movies sorted on my new modem yesterday using overplay.
    With that and now TV I'm sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hootanany wrote: »
    How do i use the kindle book loan thingy?

Cheers😢

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That's expected to be an expansion of their data centres, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

moodrater wrote:
    I hope they don't end the free delivery from UK as I expect the Irish site will come with the usual small pond paddy tax added. Theres always amazon.de I suppose.

Shouldn't we expect cheaper or similar prices though? Considering the exchange rates

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The option is there to pay more for items to be sent as and when they are ready but the default is that they are bundled into as few deliveries as possible.

354833.png

From an email where they sent an item earlier even though I asked foras few deliveries as possible

also if they feel that some items may not be dispatched for a while they will send other items that are ready for dispatch, you do not get to choose. I would also not mention pArcel motel as they do not send to PO boxes and may blacklist your account.

Again the option isn't there during the Prime check out process. It wouldn't make sense as you don't actually pay for shipping so u don't save by bundling items together

You can get a preview of what's for sale on Prime Day if you go to Today's Deals and scroll to the right through the products on sale today.
    You get to midnight and start seeing items flagged for Prime Day sale
    It doesn't give you prices but at least you can check at what time a particular sale starts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Will it just be the flash sales and daily deals that has things on sale or will there be general items on sale too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I'd say it will be daily deals/flash sales

Interesting they have a fitbit charge hr on at 7am tomorrow will be interested to see what that is reduced by

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Should this be marked as Expired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

degsie wrote: »
    Should this be marked as Expired?

I say no because of prime day approaching. No point in starting a new thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Doge wrote: »
    I say no because of prime day approaching. No point in starting a new thread now.

May as well close it as there is a new thread specifically for prime day http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057461788

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

For anyone who has used up their trial and wants to avail of the Prime Day deals, all you need to do is sign up with a new email address and you'll get a chance to get a trial again. I've been getting 10 months of Prime doing this trick. Your postal address isn't flagged as that of another account, so it's a perfect loophole. Right now I'd never be able to justify Prime until they offer at least Super Saver at a lower minimum buy than 30 pounds or Prime at a reduced price for Irish customers as it's just Prime movies you getting (Netflix is better) and you lose Super Saver as a Prime customer, making it counterproductive. So use this loophole and get unlimited supplies of trials.

Advertisement