Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally For Life!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

lazygal wrote: »
    Was Miss Y's baby killed? Or was the pregnancy terminated? What about Ms X, raped, pregnant, suicidal and a child who had travelled to kill the unborn, was the Attorney General right to ask her to return to Ireland?

Calling one thing a termination and another an abortion is just playing word games to satisfy the pro gestation belief that my uterus should gestate every pregnancy regardless of the consequences, unless I'm at risk of death or I have the means and ability to travel.

With respect, calling it a termination/abortion instead of killing/murder also suits the pro-choice side. Both sides have agendas and both are willing to use language to their advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭am946745

am946745 wrote: »
    Sorry.. You didn't answer my question What does our constitution say?

lazygal. Answer please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

newmug wrote: »
    No, the right to travel should not be "repealed". Bad choice of word there by you because there is nothing to repeal in terms of the right to travel, but we cant stop every flight / ship in or out of Ireland because a few women want to do away with their children elsewhere - it is tragic, but there is very little we can do to stop it, except keep doing what we're doing - keep protesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteenth_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland

Prevents a woman from being prevented from traveling to another country to get an abortion. If a person attempts to travel for euthanasia or to kill their born child people wont just shrug their shoulders and say what can we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

lazygal. Answer please.
    Nope. Why do you want me to quote something you know already.

Our constitution allows me to travel to kill the unborn and to access information on how I go about that, as well as allowing the unborn to be killed if there's a risk to my life, including suicide. Do you think any of those rights should be repealed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Was Miss Y's baby killed? Or was the pregnancy terminated? What about Ms X, raped, pregnant, suicidal and a child who had travelled to kill the unborn, was the Attorney General right to ask her to return to Ireland?

Calling one thing a termination and another an abortion is just playing word games to satisfy the pro gestation belief that my uterus should gestate every pregnancy regardless of the consequences, unless I'm at risk of death or I have the means and ability to travel.

I dont know about Miss Y's baby, but Miss X's was killed, yes. As horrible an ordeal that Miss X had to suffer, to top it all off by killing her baby was obscene. Miss X was in no fit mental state to request her baby to be killed, and the state should not have allowed it to happen, nevermind facilitate it! Its barbaric. I would have adapted her myself. And no, it is an established medical fact what a termination is, and what an abortion is, this is the official terminology. It is NOT playing with words. There are no pro-life people who are against termination of pregnancy.

So you still have not explained your view on pro-lifers motives to me? Please go ahead.

• Advertisement

I dont know about Miss Y's baby, but Miss X's was killed, yes. As horrible an ordeal that Miss X had to suffer, to top it all off by killing her baby was obscene. Miss X was in no fit mental state to request her baby to be killed, and the state should not have allowed it to happen, nevermind facilitate it! Its barbaric. I would have adapted her myself. And no, it is an established medical fact what a termination is, and what an abortion is, this is the official terminology. It is NOT playing with words. There are no pro-life people who are against termination of pregnancy.

So you still have not explained your view on pro-lifers motives to me? Please go ahead.
    Miss X had a miscarriage. Maybe you should reacquaint yourself with the true facts of the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attorney_General_v._X

I do question your motives, now that you've shown you don't really know what happend to the child who's case means abortion in cases of suicide as a risk to life is constitutionally protected.

Nope. Why do you want me to quote something you know already.

Our constitution allows me to travel to kill the unborn and to access information on how I go about that, as well as allowing the unborn to be killed if there's a risk to my life, including suicide. Do you think any of those rights should be repealed?

Sorry that is not what is says. Is it? If I know it then so do you. and it defeats your argument for abortion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteenth_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland

Prevents a woman from being prevented from traveling to another country to get an abortion. If a person attempts to travel for euthanasia or to kill their born child people wont just shrug their shoulders and say what can we do.

I didnt know about that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I think we should repeal that amendment.

I didnt know about that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I think we should repeal that amendment.

I think you should rescind your comments about the case now. What you've said about the child who was raped is obscene.

Should we also repeal the right to travel and information?

Miss X had a miscarriage. Maybe you should reacquaint yourself with the true facts of the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attorney_General_v._X

I do question your motives, now that you've shown you don't really know what happend to the child who's case means abortion in cases of suicide as a risk to life is constitutionally protected.

I must be thinking of a different case then. Tragedy for all involved.

And yes, we should repeal the 14th aswell. Its like banning guns, but telling everyone where in england they can buy them.

Anyway, go on. Explain just what exactly you think the pro-life motives are, or "agenda" as some other poster out it.

• Advertisement

I think you should rescind your comments about the case now. What you've said about the child who was raped is obscene.

Should we also repeal the right to travel and information?

Are you avoiding my previous question?

I must be thinking of a different case then. Tragedy for all involved.

Anyway, go on. Explain just what exactly you think the pro-life motives are, or "agenda" as some other poster out it.

I don't think I'll bother, given that you think Miss X asked for her baby to be killed and the state agreed, and you think that was barbaric. You think Miss X should have be forced to remain pregnant, regardless of the risk to her life. That says enough about your motives to me, that pregnant children who've been raped have to stay pregnant.

Are you avoiding my previous question?
    Are you campaigning to repeal the right to travel and information?

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

MOD NOTE

Off topic post deleted.

If you can read this, you're too close!

I don't think I'll bother, given that you think Miss X asked for her baby to be killed and the state agreed, and you think that was barbaric. You think Miss X should have be forced to remain pregnant, regardless of the risk to her life. That says enough about your motives to me, that pregnant children who've been raped have to stay pregnant.

I never said that. Firstly, you know that was another case. But either was, I said her pregnancy should have been terminated, and I would have been willing to adapt the child! Read back over it!

But no, you're not getting off the hook that easy. Explain what you think the pro-life "agenda" is, or back down. I cant understand what you *think* it is.

And please calm down. Your tone was actually friendly at first, thats why I engaged with you. Whenever the nutjobs come out, I disconnect, but you actually seemed reasonable enough!!!

I never said that. Firstly, you know that was another case. But either was, I said her pregnancy should have been terminated, and I would have been willing to adapt the child! Read back over it!

But no, you're not getting off the hook that easy. Explain what you think the pro-life "agenda" is, or back down. I cant understand what you *think* it is.

And please calm down. Your tone was actually friendly at first, thats why I engaged with you. Whenever the nutjobs come out, I disconnect, but you actually seemed reasonable enough!!!

Lazgal is not answering questions. So what is the point of discussing the topic with her.

Adapt a child? Do you mean adopt? Adoption is not the right choice for everyone who is pregnant and doesn't want to remain pregnant.

Maybe you could tell me why I should remain pregnant, regardless of my wishes or the risks to me in terms of physical or mental health, so a foetus can be gestated? I am under no obligation to protect my born children by using by body, such as donating blood or organs. Why must I be forced to use my body to protect the unborn?

Lazgal is not answering questions. So what is the point of discussing the topic with her.
    You didn't answer my question on whether you think the right to travel and information should be repealed.

Why? I thought the baby's life was exactly the same as the woman's life. Seems odd that when there's a conflict one life suddenly has more rights than the other.

Should the suicide clause in the constitution be repealed too, so that women who's lives are at risk in such a fashion cannot avail of abortion?

Hi, What does our constitution say about the mothers right to life???

Hi, What does our constitution say about the mothers right to life???
    Do you not know this? Is your google broken?

• Advertisement

You didn't answer my question on whether you think the right to travel and information should be repealed.

Is a mothers life at risk with Irish laws under Irish Constitution?

Ok so we have arrived at that point have we.. Zero rational discussion with you.

Adapt a child? Do you mean adopt? Adoption is not the right choice for everyone who is pregnant and doesn't want to remain pregnant.

Maybe you could tell me why I should remain pregnant, regardless of my wishes or the risks to me in terms of physical or mental health, so a foetus can be gestated? I am under no obligation to protect my born children by using by body, such as donating blood or organs. Why must I be forced to use my body to protect the unborn?

Stop being a grammar nazi, it smacks of grasping-at-straws. You know what I meant.

AdOption should be the first option when you have an unwanted pregnancy. Killing your baby shouldnt be an option at all in the case of an unwanted pregnancy. Terminating a preg should be a last case scenario in the case of health risks to the mother.

And you ask WHY? I thought that would be obvious. Killing is wrong. And yes, you ARE under obligation to do whatever you can to help your born child, its called parenting. Maybe we should make the legislation around it tighter.

But go on, tell me what you think the pro-life "agenda" is.

Is a mothers life at risk with Irish laws under Irish Constitution?

Yes. If I presented with a risk to my health, that could develop into a risk to my life, there's a waiting game. I know you'll start telling me there's no such risk but as far as I know you've never been a pregnant woman in Ireland so the risk won't affect you. But it affects me, and I've been through the maternity services here twice, and the eighth amendment is putting me off having more children in Ireland because I don't want to hang around waiting if I'm miscarrying at 18 weeks and there's a refusal to abort the pregnancy because my life isn't at risk. I also don't fancy being kept alive while my brain rots and my children see me decompose because a foetus has a heartbeat.

I also don't want to have to travel to terminate/kill the unborn in the case of a fatal abnormality and I don't want to have to remain pregnant even though my health might be at risk.

Stop being a grammar nazi, it smacks of grasping-at-straws. You know what I meant.

AdOption should be the first option when you have an unwanted pregnancy. Killing your baby shouldnt be an option at all in the case of an unwanted pregnancy. Terminating a preg should be a last case scenario in the case of health risks to the mother.

And you ask WHY? I thought that would be obvious. Killing is wrong. And yes, you ARE under obligation to do whatever you can to help your born child, its called parenting. Maybe we should make the legislation around it tighter.

But go on, tell me what you think the pro-life "agenda" is.

Oh really. What about those with wanted pregnancies that want an abortion, such as because of a fatal abnormality? Should they give up their babies for adoption too?

Oh I see health risks are ground for killing the unborn too. What risks would they be?
    Should all parents be forced to donate blood and organs, regardless of their wishes? Or the possible risk to their health?

Yes. If I presented with a risk to my health, that could develop into a risk to my life, there's a waiting game. I know you'll start telling me there's no such risk but as far as I know you've never been a pregnant woman in Ireland so the risk won't affect you. But it affects me, and I've been through the maternity services here twice, and the eighth amendment is putting me off having more children in Ireland because I don't want to hang around waiting if I'm miscarrying at 18 weeks and there's a refusal to abort the pregnancy because my life isn't at risk. I also don't fancy being kept alive while my brain rots and my children see me decompose because a foetus has a heartbeat.

I also don't want to have to travel to terminate/kill the unborn in the case of a fatal abnormality and I don't want to have to remain pregnant even though my health might be at risk.

You must be reading a different constitution. You have a constitutional right to life if you are pregnant. If there is a risk you have rights.

Obstetricians and Gynaecologists manage these risks every day of the week. There is nothing wrong with respecting life, big or small. A women who is pregnant should never die because of the pregnancy. She has the constitutional right to life. There is NO waiting game when the risk is detected. I have seen this first hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

No matter where you have an abortion, it is wrong.

but we cant stop every flight / ship in or out of Ireland because a few women want to do away with their children elsewhere -

The way you write is very evil. Do you know any woman that had to have an abortion???

Some abortions are necessary, and are devastating too.

How about caring for your fellow human???

A bit of common sense would be very helpful to the people of the catholic church.

Ok so we have arrived at that point have we.. Zero rational discussion with you.

MOD NOTE

Let's try move back towards the topic instead of talking past each other please.

Thanks for your attention.

Fudge You wrote: »
    The way you write is very evil. Do you know any woman that had to have an abortion???

Some abortions are necessary, and are devastating too.

How about caring for your fellow human???

A bit of common sense would be very helpful to the people of the catholic church.

MOD NOTE

Less of this sort of comment please.

Thanks for your attention.

• Advertisement

Oh really. What about those with wanted pregnancies that want an abortion, such as because of a fatal abnormality? Should they give up their babies for adoption too?

Fatal foetal abnormalities are diagnosed incorrectly a huge proportion of the time. Let the baby be born, then see. Unless it will cause a risk to the mother aswell. Its analogous to the reason they scrapped the death penalty - something might show up later to prove the accused innocent. Its too late if they're dead!
    Oh I see health risks are ground for killing the unborn too. What risks would they be?
    Should all parents be forced to donate blood and organs, regardless of their wishes? Or the possible risk to their health?

The risk of death or serious health risks to the mother!!! And no, its not a reason to kill the baby, it can be a reason to terminate the preg. ie c-section the baby out. You know this stuff, stop trying to distract.

And yes, IMO parents should be obliged to donate to their children, as long as it doesnt pose a risk of death or health risks to the parent.

You really seem to be laying the wrong traps. I am not falling in to them, because you have the wrong impression of pro-lifers motives. You have not directly explained what you think our "agenda" is, but whatever it is, you seem to have it wrong.

Our "agenda" is to improve and save lives, especially of those who cannot speak for themselves. Simple as that.

Advertisement