Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Lawrie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

vienne86 wrote: »
    Five under after 16. Very nice start.

ET leaderboard saying 4 under thru 16? great start regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

PARlance wrote: »
    ET leaderboard saying 4 under thru 16? great start regardless

Just came up on Sky there - home and hosed with a 66 - 5 under.

Leaderboard is a bit slow to refresh today.

Just came up on Sky there - home and hosed with a 66 - 5 under.

Leaderboard is a bit slow to refresh today.

Hope Sky are right, ET have him down for a 67.

Just seen that. Strange. Still 66 on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Wouldnt be the first ET have let you down, after they credited Lowry with going to 39th in the world when he was still 40th ;)

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    Wouldnt be the first ET have let you down, after they credited Lowry with going to 39th in the world when he was still 40th ;)

It's all a big conspiracy :)

Sky aren't exactly infallible when it comes to scoring either but they were right, ET has changed him to -5 now. T9 and only 3 shots off the lead. Great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

It's all a big conspiracy :)

Sky aren't exactly infallible when it comes to scoring either but they were right, ET has changed him to -5 now. T9 and only 3 shots off the lead. Great start.

The confusion may have been because they play on 2 courses -one par 71 and the other par 72. He was on the easier one today.

First Up wrote: »
    The confusion may have been because they play on 2 courses -one par 71 and the other par 72. He was on the easier one today.

Checked that at the time but it wasn't that.
    They had him down for a par 4 on the 10th (par 4 on both courses) but they've changed it to a birdie now.

Scoring a lot better on his course today, only 5 of the top 22 scores came from the other.

On a day when people are scoring well, lawrie is +2 for 6 holes with a bad double bogey in there :(

Rikand wrote: »
    On a day when people are scoring well, lawrie is +2 for 6 holes with a bad double bogey in there :(

Ah no - hope he can just put it behind him and push on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Ah no - hope he can just put it behind him and push on.

He needs to. The cut is -4 at the moment so he is missing it. A lot of holes to go and pick up a few shots hopefully.

Didn't do it.....cut missed. Pity. It could be a while before he gets another opportunity.

Currently Tied 6th in Germany. Come on Pete! :D

Shot -5 for the day to be -7 overall and currently in 5th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's sad to say it but Peter has been letting us down big time on Saturdays lately, I seriously hope he can get his act together soon. I analysed the stats for the eight 2015 tournaments where he made the cut, his aggregate scores against par for the individual four days are as follows.....

Thursday -18
    Friday -15
    Saturday +10
    Sunday +4

In 2015 he has played on eight Saturdays and only ever shot below par on one of them, that was the Challenge De Madrid in April where he shot a -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

coylemj wrote: »
    It's sad to say it but Peter has been letting us down big time on Saturdays lately, I seriously hope he can get his act together soon. I analysed the stats for the eight 2015 tournaments where he made the cut, his aggregate scores against par for the individual four days are as follows.....

Thursday -18
    Friday -15
    Saturday +10
    Sunday +4

In 2015 he has played on eight Saturdays and only ever shot below par on one of them, that was the Challenge De Madrid in April where he shot a -1.

I was thinking that myself. Fair play for working out the stats. Hopefully it means he is due a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Big weekend for Peter alright, in terms of regaining his card. Needs a T10 finish at least, 40k+ & a spot in France next week which is a big money event.

Thursday -18
    Friday -15
    Saturday +10
    Sunday +4

Very interesting when you see it spelled out like that. Weekends have been his undoing, when he has played them. I keep hoping though. He has a great chance here.

Another of those Saturdays under way, it seems.....+3 after 8....time to recover though.

Sadly 'moving day' for Peter invariably involves a steep plummet to near the bottom of the table, what is it with him and Saturdays?

Now +4 today after a bogey at the 10th and he's 54th on the leaderboard, having been 5th at close of play yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Goldenjohn wrote: »
    I was thinking that myself. Fair play for working out the stats. Hopefully it means he is due a good one :)

Or maybe not :(

The Saturday jinx continues .... updating the stats. for Thu/Fri/Sat they are now as follows for the nine 2015 tournaments where he made the cut .....

Thursday -20
    Friday -20
    Saturday +15

Below par on only one Saturday out of nine played.

In this tournament he had 5 birdies on Thursday, 8 on Friday and none on Saturday!

The Saturday jinx continues .... updating the stats. for Thu/Fri/Sat they are now as follows for the nine 2015 tournaments where he made the cut .....

Thursday -20
    Friday -20
    Saturday +15

In this tournament he had 5 birdies on Thursday, 8 on Friday and none on Saturday!

.....and put in a respectable -2 today. What is it about Saturdays????

Big weekend for Peter alright, in terms of regaining his card. Needs a T10 finish at least, 40k+ & a spot in France next week which is a big money event.

......and he has an invite to the French Open, I see. He really has done well with getting invitations. Please oh please let this one convert to a big cheque for himm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭Speak Now

......and he has an invite to the French Open, I see. He really has done well with getting invitations. Please oh please let this one convert to a big cheque for himm.

He's had better playing rights than some guys who won their cards through Q-school biggrin.png

9 cuts made out of 17 events.

11 rounds under 70 in first 2 rounds, has yet to break 70 at the weekend unfortunately frown.png

Much better than last years 6 cuts out of 30 though.

Thursday -20
    Friday -20
    Saturday +15

His Thursday figure took a battering today unfortunately.
    7 over after 15 when play was suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'm sure this will not go down well. (but a good forum to ask)

To avoid parochialism for one second.

Why should Peter have so many invites ? It is the European Tour , not a friends' association.

You have guys pulling their own bag in Concra Wood, who are trying to get on tour.

I want to be a discerning voice for one second - can someone explain / justify an invite at all ?

Just to avoid - flag flying for a second.

(BTW - I'm the biggest Paddy flag bearer going)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

If you ever want an idea of how many invitations are really available to the sponsors, have a look at the french open, see the french participants (excl amateurs), do the same at the dutch open for their guys. The field of those with OWGR outside 250th is about the invite number.

The others have somehow "earned" their invitation.

Why should Peter have so many invites ? It is the European Tour , not a friends' association.

You have guys pulling their own bag in Concra Wood, who are trying to get on tour.

I want to be a discerning voice for one second - can someone explain / justify an invite at all ?

I think he has earned his invites for this year, 20 odd years a pro and work done on the players committee etc. I wouldn't begrudge him this year at all. There is a mechanism outside of invites that allow "the next best/in line" to get starts (however I would say from my limited knowledge that invites seem to eat into this more than they should).
    But I also think that a year is enough at the current level of invites. Another year of the same would be.... a bit Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Being sponsored by Denis O'Brien is a huge help id imagine.

Why should Peter have so many invites you asked? Well he shouldn't but he does for this year at least. That well will run dry anyway, he's no John Daly tongue.png

Category 20 this year would have got him into less than a handful of events. Even if he doesn't win his card back this year he will have done enough for Category 17 next year which is what Kevin Phelan is currently in.

Advertisement