Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Does anyone ever feel normal, no panic ut still have difficulty breathing..

I've noticed that in the last few days.. Even watching tv tonight, I was nice and relaxed but still found it extremely diffocult to breath properly...

Or is it just in my head?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Carzony, just to get rid of the obvious, it's not the heavy weather at you is it?. And you can still have shortness of breath without necessarily feeling other panic type symptoms at least I have done in the past..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

carzony wrote: »
    Does anyone ever feel normal, no panic ut still have difficulty breathing..

I've noticed that in the last few days.. Even watching tv tonight, I was nice and relaxed but still found it extremely diffocult to breath properly...

Or is it just in my head?

I would have the breathing problems like a tightness in the chest. I thinks its caused by feeling tense and anxious though which i generally am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I def get the hard breathing without being panicked but I've put it down to a combination of hayfever/asthma. Does anyone else find hayfever makes anxiety worse? My sinuses are all blocked and it's making me lightheaded which is triggering to panic attacks, though I've been doing very well in not letting them get full blown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'm a heavy enough smoker so breathing can be an issue at times, especially on weekends when I'm smoking a lot more.

• Advertisement

I often wonder if i have sleep apnea. No matter how much i sleep i get i still dont feel rested and chronically fatigued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

mg1982 wrote: »
    I often wonder if i have sleep apnea. No matter how much i sleep i get i still dont feel rested and chronically fatigued.

Did you get any bloods done recently? Might be something underlying mg.

heyday30 wrote: »
    Did you get any bloods done recently? Might be something underlying mg.

Had some done about 6 months ago and came up all clear. Just i tend to snore a lot as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Best thing would be to mention it to your doctor. No point in adding unnecessarily to your worries.

Had some done about 6 months ago and came up all clear. Just i tend to snore a lot as well.

Fatigue is very frustrating. Could you take any time off or anything. A break might help recharge the batteries.

• Advertisement

Fatigue is very frustrating. Could you take any time off or anything. A break might help recharge the batteries.

Could do with a few weeks away from it all. Just to do nothing much and laze about. But as GF said i will mention it to my doc next time, might ask to do the test for sleep apnea. I really getting sick of having no energy.

Could do with a few weeks away from it all. Just to do nothing much and laze about. But as GF said i will mention it to my doc next time, might ask to do the test for sleep apnea. I really getting sick of having no energy.

Having no energy sucks. It may be down to poor sleeping or bad diet. Both of which I find difficult to manage well. Another thing you said is that you generally feel anxious. That in itself can be very draining. Also make sure that you give yourself some me time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I can't sleep deeply for any length of time so find myself tired a lot. Quality of sleep is a big thing so I would definitely think you should check for apnoea..

I can't sleep deeply for any length of time so find myself tired a lot. Quality of sleep is a big thing so I would definitely think you should check for apnoea..

That's right Grem. I found a lack of sleep on the early shift to have a very debilitating effect on energy, focus and emotions.

Will definitely ask the doc about it. This has been going on too long and i do think its a more a physical problem.

Will definitely ask the doc about it. This has been going on too long and i do think its a more a physical problem.

MinD yourself MG.

Carzony, just to get rid of the obvious, it's not the heavy weather at you is it?. And you can still have shortness of breath without necessarily feeling other panic type symptoms at least I have done in the past..

I have this shortness of breath often enough without the panic. Might be the hot weather now you say it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Oh hai there insomnia! Was wondering where you've been... Hum. Even needed to get up to get food.

Just out of bed. I'm very frustrated with my sleep routine. And I feel like a whale. Eating so much and gaining too much weight. In the last few months I've gained 10 pounds. It's a slippery slope. And I'm not in the mood to change it.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Just out of bed. I'm very frustrated with my sleep routine. And I feel like a whale. Eating so much and gaining too much weight. In the last few months I've gained 10 pounds. It's a slippery slope. And I'm not in the mood to change it.

I'm the Same with the sleep routine. All over the place. Can't wait for winter with proper day and night time.
    Was great last week, exercising. Gonna try get at least 3 days spinning in this week. Just can't today.

And weight.... it's beyond a joke. I loose a pound put up two/ three the following week eating and doing the same.
    I threw out the scales.

• Advertisement

And weight.... it's beyond a joke. I loose a pound put up two/ three the following week eating and doing the same.
    I threw out the scales.

Same as me mate. friday I was 12 stone 2, today i'm 12 stone 6 :eek: and I bet I'll go back to 12 stone 2 in the morning :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 whiteramekin

this is why you weigh yourself wearing the same thing (nothing) at the same time of the day (first thing in the morning). you'll easily jump up a kilo or more in no time just by having a load of food in your stomach or retaining drinking water throughout the day

i had a kg bowel movement a few months ago. was proud of that one.

I'm the Same with the sleep routine. All over the place. Can't wait for winter with proper day and night time.
    Was great last week, exercising. Gonna try get at least 3 days spinning in this week. Just can't today.

I threw out the scales.

3 spinning classes is tough work. Fair play. In fact one class is tough. I genuinely think if there is a hell then there will be spinning classes in it.

I can actually feel the extra weight around my tummy. It's a horrible feeling. I think throwing out the scales is a good idea. Too much focus on numbers.

Anyone know if there are private services other than St Pats (long waiting list) that offer multidisciplinary assessment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Haven't a notion, sorry Scrim.

I didn't do my DBT homework and I've my app tomorrow. Feels like being back at school. I'll have to do it on the bus tomorrow I guess, for the real old-time experience.

Just came across this in a google search. I don't have any personal experience with them.

http://www.stjohnofgodhospital.ie/patients-family/out-patients

Just really want to be seen at this stage. I'm so tired of having my head screaming at me the whole time. So, so tired. And I'm curious to see what they say about me. Half the time I think I'm making it all up, that it's all in my head (I know technically... But ykwim..) and I should be able to just snap out of it.

I just want a break from the inside of my own head, just a little bit of peace and quiet. No different to everyone else here I guess.

Haven't a notion, sorry Scrim.

I didn't do my DBT homework and I've my app tomorrow. Feels like being back at school. I'll have to do it on the bus tomorrow I guess, for the real old-time experience.

Meant to say this made me smile a bit. Felt kinda nostalgic. Miss those times, life was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

Just really want to be seen at this stage. I'm so tired of having my head screaming at me the whole time. So, so tired.

You need to recharge the batteries, that's all. Catch up on sleep and just shut off the outside world for a bit. Hope you're ok tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Finding things difficult myself

Last few months I'm vomiting almost every day

I get a wave of anxiety and feel warm

Then coughing starts and vomit time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement