Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

god's toy wrote: »
    I use 'Ready' does the job perfect for me.
    Get the app here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ready.android

Tried it and whilst it's a very clever app it doesn't do the key thing I want it to do ie present an incoming call on the lockscreen in such a manner that all I have to do is swipe to answer.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Tried it and whilst it's a very clever app it doesn't do the key thing I want it to do ie present an incoming call on the lockscreen in such a manner that all I have to do is swipe to answer.

When I get a call I have the option to swipe to answer.,decline or send a msg. No rom or anything just stock

jozi wrote: »
    When I get a call I have the option to swipe to answer.,decline or send a msg. No rom or anything just stock

Are you using the "Ready" app?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Are you using the "Ready" app?

No I'm all stock cyanogen.

See attached

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Mine seems to do that as standard and I don't recall fiddling with anything to set it up.

I'm on 12.0-YNG1TAS17L and have the System theme enabled.

My test was send text to OPO so as I have a notification. Left OPO go to "sleep" and then rang OPO and incoming call came up with swipe option to accept / reject.

I have XPOSED installed but no modules are related to the lock screen, mainly ad & power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Odd as that's all I have to do to receive a call... Just unlock to answer.

using stock CM here.

Do you have any key/pin lock on your phone? I use pebble watch so my pin is not needed as long as I have it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

My Google Play Services Has Stopped Working error has gone into overdrive the last few days. Anyone know anything snout a fix?

Was getting this during the week. Did a bit of Googling around for it and there seems to be a number of things that could fix it, but what did it for me was to reset all app preferences.

Settings -> Apps -> Three dot menu -> Reset App Preferences.

Got rid of the error message straight away for me.

blobbie wrote: »
    Mine seems to do that as standard and I don't recall fiddling with anything to set it up.

I'm on 12.0-YNG1TAS17L and have the System theme enabled.
    I'm on exactly the same build but was on Flux theme. I'll change the theme to System and see if it fixes the problem.

I'm on exactly the same build but was on Flux theme. I'll change the theme to System and see if it fixes the problem.

Nope, no change. I just get a notification on the lock screen which I have to double click before the phone app opens and I have the options you have to swipe right to answer, left to decline and up to send an automatic text to the caller.

Also, I don't have any security on the lock screen. It's a straight forward swipe to unlock.

Stumped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Does this mean the price cut is confirmed?

I was browsing this and saw the prices drop to $249 for 16gb and $349 for 64gb. Then after refreshing the 64gb price fell down to $299. I can't seem to find it for Ireland though.

Price cut?

Ireland's prices. Savage.
    Aww, its a week-long cut and in limited numbers. That's not nearly as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Was about to pull the trigger yesterday, glad I waited. Just put my order in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I was browsing this and saw the prices drop to $249 for 16gb and $349 for 64gb. Then after refreshing the 64gb price fell down to $299. I can't seem to find it for Ireland though.

Price cut?

If you give a UK address (Parcel Motel), it says they have stock but if you use an Irish address, there's no stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Anyone running exodus will probably already know but just in case, 5.1 update is finally being rolled out today after a month with no updates, they are releasing builds every hour so bacon should pop up here sometime today:

http://www.vanir-exodus.net/exodus-5.1/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Anyone running exodus will probably already know but just in case, 5.1 update is finally being rolled out today after a month with no updates, they are releasing builds every hour so bacon should pop up here sometime today:

http://www.vanir-exodus.net/exodus-5.1/

Thanks, this will need a wipe as it's built from cm12 source so I'll wait for a few days for the bugs to get ironed out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Brego888 wrote: »
    Lads my battery has gone to pot over the last few days. Not even lasting a day now on full charge. It's overheating which I assume is the problem with battery drain. I had undated to lollipop a month ago with no problems until now.
    The overheating seemed to start when I was playing a game but I've deleted that a few days ago too.

I've shut done all unnecessary apps. Nothing is obviously draining the battery from an apps perspective. Any ideas on what wrong and how to fix?

Today I've had the same problem overheating but the big issue is the battery life draining at a ridiculous rate, the Google play store seems to be draining the majority of it, anyone know why this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

I restored factory settings and still can't seem to be able to access storage,when I go into settings>storage>usb computer connection nothing happens,open up the android file transfer on the laptop and there's no connection.

edit-actually looks like it might be sorted now.

jozi wrote: »

Can I ask what setting you have for your lockscreen? The only setting which allows incoming calls to be answered/declined without having to first double click on the lockscreen notification that I can find is "None". all other lockscreen settings force a lockscreen notification which has to be double clicked in order to clear the lockscreen which then presents the normal phone app answer/decline option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Over the last few days my battery seems to be draining at a huge rate and the phone gets quite warm. But wierdly in the battery usage screen it doesn't show what is using the battery. All the different apps, the screen and Google play services add up to a total usage of 9%. The other 81% is unaccounted for! Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Thanks, this will need a wipe as it's built from cm12 source so I'll wait for a few days for the bugs to get ironed out

Clean installed it last night and its flawless. Well when I say clean install I wiped everything but internal memory with twrp and kept all photos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

A guy in work just got the one plus one yesturday. We are sitting here on break trying to figure out why GTA San Andreas is almost unplayable on Max settings... Surely this phone can handle GTA for jaysus sake? On the medium settings it runs fine...

Any ideas? Is this phone just starting to knock on abit at this stage in its life? Disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

cooperguy wrote: »
    Over the last few days my battery seems to be draining at a huge rate and the phone gets quite warm. But wierdly in the battery usage screen it doesn't show what is using the battery. All the different apps, the screen and Google play services add up to a total usage of 9%. The other 81% is unaccounted for! Any ideas?

Are you getting / or noticing random reboots cooperguy?
    My battery stats look somewhat similar and I am getting periods of non-responsiveness and reboots.
    During the non-responsiveness, the phone gets quite warn, sometime hots, to the touch.

In your screenshot from about 7:30 to 8:15 it seems like the phone is non-responsive.
    In my screenshot (below) I'm seeing the same thing from around 11:15 to 11:30.
    After the non-responsive period, the phone reboots and seems to work fine, until it doesn't anymore and I can't pinpoint the reason! :mad:

I came here to check if anyone was having the reboots problem, which has been happening to me since around May 18th, and right there on the last page I spot you with possibly the same issue :D

Phone is on CM12.1 nightlies for Bacon.

http://omg.wthax.org/4HtySK.png

4HtySK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

A guy in work just got the one plus one yesturday. We are sitting here on break trying to figure out why GTA San Andreas is almost unplayable on Max settings... Surely this phone can handle GTA for jaysus sake? On the medium settings it runs fine...

Any ideas? Is this phone just starting to knock on abit at this stage in its life? Disappointed

The phone defaults to "Balanced power/performance mode". Set it to high performance to get full potential of the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Are you getting / or noticing random reboots cooperguy?
    My battery stats look somewhat similar and I am getting periods of non-responsiveness and reboots.
    During the non-responsiveness, the phone gets quite warn, sometime hots, to the touch.

In your screenshot from about 7:30 to 8:15 it seems like the phone is non-responsive.
    In my screenshot (below) I'm seeing the same thing from around 11:15 to 11:30.
    After the non-responsive period, the phone reboots and seems to work fine, until it doesn't anymore and I can't pinpoint the reason! :mad:

I came here to check if anyone was having the reboots problem, which has been happening to me since around May 18th, and right there on the last page I spot you with possibly the same issue :D

Phone is on CM12.1 nightlies for Bacon.

http://omg.wthax.org/6FJqar.png

6FJqar.png

Very similar things happening me as well. Timeline syncs up too. Unresponsive and then a short reboot. Surely an issue with current nightlies?

pedatron wrote: »
    Very similar things happening me as well. Timeline syncs up too. Unresponsive and then a short reboot. Surely an issue with current nightlies?

Could very well be.
    I just checked the OPO and CM forums and i spotted the issue reported in each, but only once and with very little help forthcoming.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/forum/1012-oneplus-one-bacon/

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-over-heating-and-reboot.312474/

I was googling around for an Android logger of some sort earlier to try and log what's happening during these times and try figure out what's happening, but I had little luck! Gonna check again later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

cooperguy wrote: »

I turned off google now cards and have a massive improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Is there anyway of making the call notification be full screen rather than a heads up notification when I'm actively using the phone? I know it's a lollipop issue rather than oneplus one but can't find a work around for it

Wow, this is one disgraceful battery usage!
    Total of apps displayed indicate 20% total usage.
    Random reboots are a bitch :pac:

http://omg.wthax.org/8bEJaa.png

8bEJaa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Price cut?

Anyone get an order in?

Is it limited stock each day till the 7th?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,185 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

For some reason, my phone won't take a charge today. I'm using the OPO charging cable. It completes one 'rotation' on the charging icon and then just stops.

Anyone else have this problem? Never had it before.

EDIT: think I've found the issue. I had the cable plugged into a laptop docking station via USB, I have done for months, but it seems like it is not working today but when the cable is plugged directly into the laptop it does work.

EDIT: it's charging, but just about. It's like the phone has revered to just after when I updated to Lollipop and it took like a day to charge. I haven't had a system update lately though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

shmeee wrote: »
    Anyone get an order in?

Is it limited stock each day till the 7th?

I got one ordered yesterday

Limited stock each day, on sale at these times:

Daily Sale Schedule:
    June 1 - 12:00 pm GMT (8 am EDT)
    June 2 - 2:00 am GMT (10 pm EDT -1 day)
    June 3 - 12:00 pm GMT (8 am EDT)
    June 4 - 2:00 am GMT (10 pm EDT -1 day)
    June 5 - 12:00 pm GMT (8 am EDT)
    June 6 - 2:00 am GMT (10 pm EDT -1 day)
    June 7 - 12:00 pm GMT (8 am EDT)

Advertisement