Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Why the hell didn't they release that as the trailer to begin with? That makes it look so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Looks awful

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pilot's out in the wild now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I found it quite chessy but fun.

Melissa Benoist does a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Presumably with unfinished CGI like The Flash pilot leak?

Just watche the first 10 mins at lunch. Looks pretty finished and like it actually aired on tv since there are different quality versions available.

Thought young Kara looked like a Hallowen/Last Boy Scout era Danielle Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

MJohnston wrote: »
    Presumably with unfinished CGI like The Flash pilot leak?
    No, it's fully finished. There's even a 6GB 1080p version available. With all this talk of the pilot being leaked, I realised Melissa Benoist was apart of last year's "The Fappening". I was...unaware. Surprised CBS went with her for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

find the pilot amusing :D

she will have to deal with lots of Super Villains on the loose, it's going to be tough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think they are going for this Generations Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Lots of shows have tried and failed. What made Buffy popular wasnt the female hero lead......it was the way it was written and the dialogue. This show will have to be clever to achieve that.

We'll wait and see. It could be but the whole "I dont want to be just a secretary, I want it all!" shtick they went with doesnt bode well.

• Advertisement

Thinking it's more what I would expect of a modern day Lois and Clark than Arrow as far as production is concerned.

How many times can they refer to "him" without actually saying who "he" is?
    Seems she learned the art of secret identity keeping from Barry Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how can she afford that apartment?

what if
    her sister weren't on that plane?

that hard a landing would have killed most of them

National City?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

I liked this....I wanted to love it though
    Good pilot, can improve

whats with the oil tanker? did he drive it around just to have a dramatic place to talk?

krypton twin sisters?
    confuse about Laura Benanti's part

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hated the trailer, but really REALLY liked the pilot. They packed 2 or 3 episodes worth of developments into one episode. Hopefully they don't slow down.

Melissa Benoist is really likeable too. Great energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Hard not to like her. I just hope the writing is decent.

• Advertisement

where did they get all those uniforms from?

Kirby wrote: »
    Hard not to like her. I just hope the writing is decent.

a little too much acting skitzy acting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

good pilot, i liked it, but their aversion to calling karas cousin superman, or jimmy calling him clark is just kinda annoying, are they just not gonna ever say superman,

its gonna be interesting to see how it plays out, with all the prisoners on the loose and karas aunt coming for her, id love to know how they plan on keeping superman away,

overall a solid looking show, but the lack of superman could lead to a bit of frustration down the road,

Mr E wrote: »
    Melissa Benoist is really likeable too. Great energy.

Reminds me of Sophie Lowe in that way, when she was in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

how can she afford that apartment?
    Helen Slater and Dean Cain
    probably left her a bit of money.

don ramo wrote: »
    good pilot, i liked it, but their aversion to calling karas cousin superman, or jimmy calling him clark is just kinda annoying, are they just not gonna ever say superman,

This has always been something WB have been hesitant to allow - even in Smallville we barely got a glimpse of Superman and hardly ever heard the name. This series would be better off quickly forgetting he exists unless they genuinely plan on including him, because it'll be a constant annoyance otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

don ramo wrote: »

Might be a rights issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

it should be a rights issue from the article below, it is not that important his title or name has to be mentioned since this is supergirl series ;)

Will The ‘Supergirl’ TV Series Crossover With ‘The Flash’ & ‘Arrow’?
    Considering that “Arrow” and “The Flash” have largely been forbidden from referencing Superman or Batman directly (or even mentioning Gotham City or Metropolis),

Mormegil wrote: »
    Helen Slater and Dean Cain
    probably left her a bit of money.

wasn't clear that they were dead

• Advertisement

I really, really enjoyed that. They need to ditch Winn, or rewrite him immediately because he had two lines that were just plain awful - thinking she was a Lesbian and that's why she didn't want to go out with him, and the one about her looking much prettier without glasses. Get rid of those lines and he'd be okay as a character, and the rest of the pilot was super imo. Really impressed with the effects work too, the fights with lizard guy felt really practical rather than CG.

Anyone seen the Kryptonian crest that The General was wearing before? Pretty strongly hinting at Zod with the name, but the whole family thing is new as far as the comic books go afaik.

Advertisement