Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Shaping up to be very little snooker tomorrow the way the games are going

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Shame the games are so one sided. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Trump would need to cut out the messing if he wants to win the World Championship, he handed that frame to Fu, at least he's making a fight of it, hope he can get at least one of the next two frames.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great break by Fu, fair play to him for making a fight of it, Trump is still a bit too reckless though, I think he'll still win this but he'll have learn to be more conservative to win the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Shame the games are so one sided. :(

I agree. Two of the matches are 12-4 and Roberton has a 6 frame lead. Fu done well to dig in against Trump winning 3 of the last 4 frames to cut the gap to 10-6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Not sure what he did, but are we surprised?

His inner dive demands attention.

Ronnie doesn't need to do things to demand attention. He already has all the attention because of how good he is.

It's obvious he is a bit odd in the head and a perfectionist, it's not something he started doing out of the blue he is doing it the last 15 years. It's not looking for attention it's his personality.

Trump is in great form here, he could finish Fu tonight the way he's playing.

I didn't see the second session but watching the first session Trump is not in great form at all. In reality Fu could have won the first session 7-1 and should really have won it 6-2. Fu couldn't close out frames despite Trump giving him several chances.

He won't get away with that against Ding if he gets through who from 5-1 played the best snooker of the week.

A few players in form this year and everyone is not predicting Ronnie to win like the last few years. Robertson, Murphy, Ding and McGill have looked very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I didn't see the second session but watching the first session Trump is not in great form at all. In reality Fu could have won the first session 7-1 and should really have won it 6-2. Fu couldn't close out frames despite Trump giving him several chances.

He won't get away with that against Ding if he gets through who from 5-1 played the best snooker of the week.

A few players in form this year and everyone is not predicting Ronnie to win like the last few years. Robertson, Murphy, Ding and McGill have looked very good.

Ding certainly will not win it, he doesn't have the complete game - by that I mean he doesn't have the mental game.

Murphy/Ronnie or Trump this year for me.

GeneralC wrote: »
    Ding certainly will not win it, he doesn't have the complete game - by that I mean he doesn't have the mental game.

Murphy/Ronnie or Trump this year for me.

I would have had doubts about the mental side of his game if i had not seen his first two games.

But he was 4-0 down and getting a poor run of the ball he would have folded in the past. He battled and played fantastic snooker to win against a tough and tricky opponent.

He then went 5-1 down to a crucible legend and such a tough opponent in Higgins. Without dropping the head played very well to win.

If he can start games well i think he could win it.

Would would miss Michaela Tabb at this year's championship :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Glenman wrote: »
    Would would miss Michaela Tabb at this year's championship :(

How come she's not there this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

How come she's not there this year?

She left world snooker a month or two ago ,think it was something to do with payment issues im not 100% but she's gone from World Snooker officially

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

is john virgo ill? just saw him on the bbc and he looked a bit dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

You have to feel sorry for the people who paid for Ronnie v Stevens, it will end quick :D
    I think it could be Judd's year, he's a different player now. He's cut out the erratic shots and has much better shot selection. Pity Judd and Ronnie won't meet in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Bit of a sickener if you had tickets for today. Just the 2 sessions and probably feck all snooker to be played.

The next 2 days should be very exciting. Top notch games on both tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

yeah, tough on the crowd alright. is there any sort of refund if your in this situation?

7 of the world's top 9 in the quarter finals. Amazing standard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Agree with Hendry there, Ronnie would be mad not wanting to match or beat Hendrys record. Ronnie is still the best snooker player around so he should be aiming to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

syngindub wrote: »
    yeah, tough on the crowd alright. is there any sort of refund if your in this situation?

I've seen them stick on an exhibition match on similar occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That black by Robertson to get on the last red (in his final frame against Carter) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I've seen them stick on an exhibition match on similar occasions.

Probably dennis Taylor ken Doherty playing a match best of 3 frames ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

seanhynes wrote: »
    Probably dennis Taylor ken Doherty playing a match best of 3 frames ha ha

They want an exhibition, not to be there until 12 tonight :)

Could always revert to this :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

leduke wrote: »

I noticed that too at the last major tournament. I'm not a fan of his commentary but jeez, the poor guy does not look well at all.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone see Alex Ferguson having a chit chat with John Parrott and Hazel Irvine over a game of snooker??

an insightful view of the man

• Registered Users Posts: 34,001 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Saw it the other day. It was repeated again and again on the red button this evening, not much play today!

Murphy, Trump, Robertson all looking strong. Should be some good quarter finals. Not sure if Ronnie's head is in the right place this year but he'll still be tough to beat

What happened to Matthew Stevens, maybe World Snooker should have a physio on standby :)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The most relaxed and sympatetic interview you will have seen with ferguson. He almost comes across as likeable, and a scoop for bbc snooker to get him when he wouldn't talk to match of the day for years after the panorama on his son.

leduke wrote: »

I noticed that as well yesterday evening. His commentary does not seem to be affected but it looks to me that he could have a touch of parkinson's but I don't want to speculate.

Murphy got off to a good start against McGill but the young Scottish man has just levelled the match at 3-3 showing Shaun that he will be no pushover in this match.
    Awful start from Ding, Trump is 6-0 up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Glenman wrote: »
    Murphy got off to a good start against McGill but the young Scottish man has just levelled the match at 3-3 showing Shaun that he will be no pushover in this match.
    Awful start from Ding, Trump is 6-0 up.

McGill is quickly becoming one of my favourite players. If he can play like he's playing now in more tournaments I can see a bright future for him. I'm not a fan of Trump whatsoever but there's no denying that when he's playing his best snooker it's nothing short of a masterclass.

I had Murphy as one of my favourites before the championship started but I reckon McGill is after getting to him mentally. I can't see Murphy winning this match. And, barring a miraculous display from Ding, Trump has his game in the bag..

Advertisement