Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephone p7000 $159 on preorder

Options
  • 26-04-2015 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

http://www.elephone.hk/

Excellent value...

specs include:
    • octacore processor
    • 3GB RAM
    • 1080X1920 display
    • 3450 mAh battery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

That's an anonymous brand, how does it compare to OnePlus One?

Update:
    Website registered less than a year ago by Mr. Ji Jinggui, Shenzhen, China 1674118@qq.com. That's a joke lads.

Excellent customer support?

2 months ago they started hiring English translators with salaries around 600 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

soirish wrote: »

So is one plus one - more or less.
    This phone is a lot cheaper (presale only), is thinner, dual sim, ships with lollipop 5.0, has 8 cores, has expandable storage, bigger battery , has fingerprint scanner...worth a punt I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Wasn't one plus one anonymous this time last year also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

It is not, well know brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Sono

What store are people choosing to purchase? Don't need this but it looks a steal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

what shop is recommended (reliable).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Sono

Went with elephonestore but it's out of stock

Won't be available to purchase until May 11. The only store on that list I've heard of is Focal Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

stanley1 wrote: »
    what shop is recommended (reliable).

Same question here. I have only dealt with Gearbest out of the bunch (with small value transactions) and heard about Pandawill, geekbuying and focalprice before.

coolicool,gearbest, hongkong goldway(i took coolpad f1 of it - took about 2 weeks to del to ireland from HK - vat to be paid).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

will customs come into play here.

stanley1 wrote: »
    will customs come into play here.

Most of the time;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

loki7777 wrote: »
    coolicool,gearbest, hongkong goldway(i took coolpad f1 of it - took about 2 weeks to del to ireland from HK - vat to be paid).

Gearbest are on the naughty list. Although I never had a problem with them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057399212

Very high chance of getting hit for customs on this. It's still a great price though.

loki7777 wrote: »
    It is not, well know brand.

How about a link to GSMArena or Gizmodo product review?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

cojomo2 wrote: »
    So is one plus one - more or less.
    This phone is a lot cheaper (presale only), is thinner, dual sim, ships with lollipop 5.0, has 8 cores, has expandable storage, bigger battery , has fingerprint scanner...worth a punt I reckon.

Not exactly true, Oneplus is a sister company of Oppo who'd been making decent phones. We know zero about this one, what they've made before or how much support it will get. A smartphone is only as good as the ongoing support it's given.

I bought 2x ZTEs for the kids before, terrible decision, no support, no updates and they didn't work for very long

Not exactly true, Oneplus is a sister company of Oppo who'd been making decent phones. We know zero about this one, what they've made before or how much support it will get. A smartphone is only as good as the ongoing support it's given.

Not exactly true either. Elephone have been widely discussed over on the Android forum for some time. Check the Chinese phone thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056851139

cojomo2 wrote: »

That's not really a hands-on review. All results on Google are somewhat dodgy too.

That's not really a hands-on review. All results on Google are somewhat dodgy too.

You know this hasn't been released yet right?

Update:
    Website registered less than a year ago by Mr. Ji Jinggui, Shenzhen, China 1674118@qq.com. That's a joke lads.

Excellent customer support?

2 months ago they started hiring English translators with salaries around 600 euro.

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote: »
    Not exactly true either. Elephone have been widely discussed over on the Android forum for some time. Check the Chinese phone thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056851139

So if they're that good at making and supporting their phones why aren't they as well known as OnePlus?

Update:

You're thread spoiling because you have never heard of the brand.

http://www.gizchina.com/?s=elephone

This is fairly straight forward. There are multiple Chinese brands out there which most people have never heard of. That doesn't mean that they are total rubbish or that they don't sell huge volumes of phones in China every year. They frequently have the same specs as well known brands but cost a lot less.

I suggest you go spunk €600 on a Samsung if would make you feel better.

The Chinese phone thread is a good place to start if you want to do some research.

So if they're that good at making and supporting their phones why aren't they as well known as OnePlus?

I don't know. Ask their marketing team.

Because OnePlus have distributors outside of China. Elephone are a well known brand. Maybe not in your country, but they are highly regarded.

You're thread spoiling because you have never heard of the brand.

Fine, I'm out of this thread. Let's all be positive this is an awesome phone which will last for many, many days.

I suggest you go spunk €600 on a Samsung if would make you feel better.

I have a OnePlus which I bought after I researched the build quality and ongoing support it's getting. Not saying this might not be a good phone, it's a pig in a bag at the moment. I certainly wouldn't buy a zero day anything.

I have a OnePlus which I bought after I researched the build quality and ongoing support it's getting. Not saying this might not be a good phone, it's a pig in a bag at the moment. I certainly wouldn't buy a zero day anything.

Plenty of people bought the OnePlus before any reviews had come out. But I suppose anything which has not been reviewed could potentially be total rubbish. Based on their previous phones I think it's far from a pig in a bag.

http://www.androidauthority.com/elephone-p6000-review-582563/

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone/3598594/elephone-p5000-review-tested-phone-with-four-day-battery-life/

For the money, this is potentially a very good deal.

Plenty of people bought the OnePlus before any reviews had come out.

Yes and plenty had to return them because of the yellow band screen issue

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If I decided to take a punt on this phone, which of the stores would be the most trusted to get it shipped from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

alksander wrote: »
    Same question here. I have only dealt with Gearbest out of the bunch (with small value transactions) and heard about Pandawill, geekbuying and focalprice before.
    Have used Geekbuying multiple times, but Customs does charge you.

Am surprised it's not on DX.com, as they sell plenty of Elephone phones.
    Update:
    I'm very suspicious of the very new site, but only as I never used it before.

GeekBuying.com have the price as $159.99 (€144.18). Bought an Android box off GB for about €80, and got hit with a €20 customs charge.

Advertisement