Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Golf Society - Tullamore Outing, 25th April

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

mafc wrote: »
    Nice one, a quick 3 ball ! Expect to get around in 3:30 max.

Tullamore takes 4 hours whether you like it or not and can also depend what's in front of us. Could be a scatter of 4balls in front of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Rikand wrote: »
    Tullamore takes 4 hours whether you like it or not and can also depend what's in front of us. Could be a scatter of 4balls in front of us ;)

They will be fairly scattered when we're behind them in 3 balls. FORE !

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Yes on the 18th. It was two all and all depended on our match. Dont get so nervous after that !!!

Nice work! :D I've been in a similar position myself in a county semi-final. Two all and all square on the 17th with me playing the second shot in to a green surrounded by water on three sides. Despite the nerves I hit the ball to fifteen feet from the hole and we won that and then won 18 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ballyk wrote: »
    Nice work! :D I've been in a similar position myself in a county semi-final. Two all and all square on the 17th with me playing the second shot in to a green surrounded by water on three sides. Despite the nerves I hit the ball to fifteen feet from the hole and we won that and then won 18 also.

Yea but the drive was a cracker wasn't it and you were just chipping from the edge of the green :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yea but the drive was a cracker wasn't it and you were just chipping from the edge of the green :D

You didnt by any chance hit the drive, did you seve?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

The drive was a cracker but unfortunately it wasn't from the edge of the green. :D It was 120 yards out - I would have been much happier if it was from the edge of the green though as it would have reduced the nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

13th Lovely hole but not so nice if your hitting your second from under those trees on the left, thankfully my teamate managed to settle his nerves and hit another boomer down the middle. unfortunated won,t have that backup this saturday so working hard on straighting the driver out:).

Updated timesheet guys. Niall D had to pull out this morning so that leaves us at an even 40. We will all go out in fourballs, but please note that pretty much everyones tee time has moved up by 10 minutes, so make sure you double check.

Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
    10:00 Rikand bobster453 HoleInOne FixedPitchmark
    10:10 Kkelliher mafc Ciaranra bombedbiscuit
    10:20 athlone99 Kiers47 The cHamp26 SOFIRELAND
    10:30 O'Reilly Tony 3putt LuckyGent88 the big easy
    10:40 Ballyk macker1 Barnaboy kieran.
    10:50 tigerwood1 Shane 007 benny79 Shane84
    11:00 pistolpetes11 Ben1977 princess poppy titlebearer
    11:10 recycled paulos53 spacecoyote charlieIRL
    11:20 gerhard Dr. Rieux newuser12345 Doublecross
    11:30 Seve OB stitcheddepin Shaunac93 DWD

The Green Fee is €35 and an extra €2 if you are entering the 2's... which pretty much everyone does. So can I please ask you to have the exact fee handy if at all possible as it can be awkward with change etc. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Could do with going out a bit later as I need to drop my son to a match. Is there anyone in the last few groups who could swap tee times?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Could do with going out a bit later as I need to drop my son to a match. Is there anyone in the last few groups who could swap tee times?

Myself and athlone99 are traveling together, if I get there in time we can swap slots. Leaving athlone around 9:15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Myself and athlone99 are traveling together, if I get there in time we can swap slots. Leaving athlone around 9:15

I'll be able to swap if it suits either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I'll be able to swap if it suits either.

Thanks lads for the offers! We'll see how it goes on the morning.

SeveOB- can you take note of my almost certain late arrival? I hope to be there around 11.

Barnaboy wrote: »

Looks likes stitchedthepin will be dropping out so you can play with us in last group

• Registered Users Posts: 47 titlebearer

Lads, Have to cry off for Saturday. Late call in for work to cover. Apologies.

Lads, Have to cry off for Saturday. Late call in for work to cover. Apologies.

thanks for the heads up, no probs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Shane84

Lads I'm going to have to pullout... Car problems, driving this morning and the wheel came off, the wishbone apparently.. So won't make it down.. Enjoy it... Sorry again

More dropouts guys so another refresh on the sheet for tomorrow. We are still all going in fourballs, but please note that some of the later times have moved up another 10 minutes, so make sure you double check.

Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
    10:00 Rikand bobster453 HoleInOne FixedPitchmark
    10:10 Kkelliher mafc Ciaranra bombedbiscuit
    10:20 Kiers47 The cHamp26 SOFIRELAND
    10:30 O'Reilly Tony 3putt LuckyGent88 the big easy
    10:40 tigerwood1 Shane 007 benny79 Ballyk
    10:50 pistolpetes11 athlone99 princess poppy macker1
    11:00 recycled paulos53 spacecoyote charlieIRL
    11:10 gerhard Dr. Rieux newuser12345 Doublecross
    11:20 Seve OB Barnaboy Shaunac93

The Green Fee is €35 and an extra €2 if you are entering the 2's... which pretty much everyone does. So can I please ask you to have the exact fee handy if at all possible as it can be awkward with change etc. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Sorry Ladies and Gents have to pull out myself, family member taken into hosp during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnny_cahill

Have the team's/groups being drawn up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Seve OB wrote:
    Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 10:00 Rikand Kkelliher Niall D 10:10 bobster453 HoleInOne FixedPitchmark 10:20 mafc Ciaranra bombedbiscuit 10:30 athlone99 Kiers47 The cHamp26 SOFIRELAND 10:40 O'Reilly Tony 3putt LuckyGent88 the big easy 10:50 Ballyk macker1 Barnaboy kieran. 11:00 tigerwood1 Shane 007 benny79 Shane84 11:10 pistolpetes11 Ben1977 princess poppy titlebearer 11:20 recycled paulos53 spacecoyote charlieIRL 11:30 gerhard Dr. Rieux newuser12345 Doublecross 11:40 Seve OB stitcheddepin Shaunac93 DWD

Have the team's/groups being drawn up yet

Really???????.....Look about 3 posts up!!!..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

sorry gents have to pull out. work is seriously killing this game enjoyment. utter apologies to all hope your have great weather and a great round

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gerhard

I'll be there for the breakfast in the morn. Looking forward to the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

On my way home now. A couple of people finished up in work today so a few beers have been had.

Not sure how the head will be for golf in the morning but I'll be there rain, wind or shine.

A boards outing is always something to look forward to, and will get to see that Charlie fella hit his new TM irons

See you all tomorrow lads

Wouldn't see as many fallers at Beechers Brook in the National, 😜

See ye all in the morning, let's hope the weather is kind.....

mafc wrote: »
    Wouldn't see as many fallers at Beechers Brook in the National, 😜

See ye all in the morning, let's hope the weather is kind.....

well said :rolleyes: sure these things happen i guess

as a result though, and seeing as we have the sheet to ourselves, we will go out in 3 balls instead so might mean a quicker round for all

so yet again... updated timesheet.... hope this is going to be the last one haha... now i know why they didn't do them before! lol

Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3
    10:00 Rikand bobster453 FixedPitchmark
    10:08 Ciaranra mafc bombedbiscuit
    10:16 HoleInOne Kiers47 The cHamp26
    10:24 LuckyGent88 SOFIRELAND the big easy
    10:32 O'Reilly Tony 3putt Ballyk
    10:40 tigerwood1 Shane 007 benny79
    10:48 pistolpetes11 princess poppy macker1
    10:56 Shaunac93 athlone99 charlieIRL
    11:04 recycled paulos53 spacecoyote
    11:12 Dr. Rieux newuser12345 Doublecross
    11:20 Seve OB Barnaboy gerhard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

well said :rolleyes: sure these things happen i guess

as a result though, and seeing as we have the sheet to ourselves, we will go out in 3 balls instead so might mean a quicker round for all

so yet again... updated timesheet.... hope this is going to be the last one haha... now i know why they didn't do them before! lol

Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3
    10:00 Rikand bobster453 FixedPitchmark
    10:08 Ciaranra mafc bombedbiscuit
    10:16 HoleInOne Kiers47 The cHamp26
    10:24 LuckyGent88 SOFIRELAND the big easy
    10:32 O'Reilly Tony 3putt Ballyk
    10:40 tigerwood1 Shane 007 benny79
    10:48 pistolpetes11 princess poppy macker1
    10:56 Shaunac93 athlone99 charlieIRL
    11:04 recycled paulos53 spacecoyote
    11:12 Dr. Rieux newuser12345 Doublecross
    11:20 Seve OB Barnaboy gerhard

Any line up for tomorrow ? :p

Looking at weather - decided it would be wrong to break with my tradition.

Just cracked open a Beamish.

Same here. On the Heineken!!!

Honestly improves my play.

Well - never won one yet. So :D

Lads can we play forward tees, as in red.

I remember Tullamore being seriously long. Well except for Charlie.

Lads can we play forward tees, as in red.

I remember Tullamore being seriously long. Well except for Charlie.

Ahh come on, it's not that long. Tricky but not long. I didn't use a 3 wood or hybrid last few times there.

• Advertisement

Ahh come on, it's not that long. Tricky but not long. I didn't use a 3 wood or hybrid last few times there.

Ok so white it is.

Any long drive / nearest pin mentioned ?

Oh and is the timesheet up yet?

Oh and is the timesheet up yet?

That's the best post on this thread :)

That's the best post on this thread :)

Stop trolling Seve - In all Seriousness what time am I out at :p

No -don't falter captain. Great move on 3 balls (in rain) and also great to have a time sheet.

I'm first out so, with "The Golfer" - so better, better

340beamish.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Enjoy it tomorrow lads/lassies. Hope ye get the weather. I'd say it could **** ice ye'll still be out. The train station isn't far from from the course either AFAIK ;-).

Any line up for tomorrow ? :p

Looking at weather - decided it would be wrong to break with my tradition.

Just cracked open a Beamish.

Had a couple of pints of guinness myself (neede something to get me through the boring village tablequiz)

yeah but you did hit driver on a par 3 :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Enjoy, he can leave the sunblock at home :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭bobster453

Have i the wrong club??..all alone here it looks like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

May be a few mins late

Well yet again another great Boards outing despite the weather.Had the pleasure of playing with two excellent golfers Fixedpitchmark and Rikand.Awesome shots played by both.Game started well but fell off in the back nine..not so much down to the rain but bloody hands were frozen.Overall mixed bag felt i played some good shots but definitely lostt focus at times when in prime position.Course excellent with great variety of holes.Finished with 31 should have been more but could just as easily have been less.
    Will miss Dundrum but looking forward already to the remainder.
    Thanks to SeveOB and the committee yet again for another great day

• Advertisement

2nd outing with Boards today in Tullamore, cracking course but unfortunately the weather wasn't the May west. Enjoyed the company of Bombedbiscuit & Ciaranra.

33pts returned good enough for 7th (I think) so a few more jug points accumulated. Disappointed with how I played overall but had the putts dropped (5 or 6) lip outs & hole hangers I would have had a great score.
    Was thinking that until 45pts came in, good shooting Athlone99, you'll never see that handicap again Lol....
    Got to put a few more faces to names aswell...........
    Well done to all the prize winners and to Seve for organising a great day out.
    Roll on Dundrum, a lovely parkland course that everyone will surely enjoy.

Edit... Going out in 3 balls today was an overwhelming success, 3:40 compared to 4:50 in Naas.

Great score .

Glad it came in. As would have regretted today.

Enjoyed playing with Bob and Rik.

Great competitors.

Nice to see a real low player.

Off to think about the yips.
    But great golf still there.

I'll never win one of these.

Tough shot rikand had today.Down slope a few inches from bunker by the green

bobster453 wrote: »
    Tough shot rikand had today.Down slope a few inches from bunker by the green

Where's the video? Lol

Had a great day out with Bob and Fdp. I had my moments today but I missed too many putts too early on and was trying to catch up by the end.... These things happen.

A special note about my two playing partners who were absolute gents.

Fdp has to be one of the purest strikers of a golf ball I've ever seen, with every club.

Bob has a superb short game. The things he can do with that wedge are just magical.

Finally. 3-balls. Needs to be a rule. The pace of play was great out there.

btw, did my nearest the pin shot hold up ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Despite the rain, gps not working on the way to find the club, arriving just about on time, rotten golf (on my part) and breaking down on the M7 on the way home and having to be towed to a garage, I thoroughly enjoyed today.
    I can only put this feel good down to the company of my playing partners, ballyk and macker. Two gentlemen, cheers lads..
    And well done to Seve, a great course.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭athlone99

Had the round of my life today! First time not losing a ball and the first time to break 40 points! Still in shock! Had great crack with charlie and shauna! They didnt have the best of rounds but are way better than what they showed!

Looking forward to next month now!

• Advertisement

Great round Athlone, can't believe your first time not to loose a ball. Make sure not to loose the ball you won now :)

I had a decent showing myself, 2 scratches and about 4 1 pointers meant that Iwas never going to be in the shake up, but I did hit a few sweet ones out there today.

Many thanks to Gerhard and Barnaboy for the good company on the way around and whilst they didn't put a score together, they both hit some fantastic golf shots.

Well done to all the winners and thanks to everyone for the turnout. 32 played in the end, so whilst there was a lot of fallers at the last hurdle, it was still a good number who braved the rain... though the sun did manage to come out for the end.

Rikand wrote: »
    Where's the video? Lol
    Bloody video is too big to load to Boards, spent ages trying to reduce size, but I have a plan, more anon:mad:

Had a very enjoyable round of golf yesterday with the two lads Charlie and athlone99. My golf wasn't great, hit some nice shots and no shanks :) a cold driver and a cold putter however meant I brought in very few points. Charlie was in a similar boat to me and after the round yesterday is looks like those shiny new irons are going back to the shop :p..but in all seriousness nice swing and some good shots but it just didn't click for either of us

Must say it was a pleasure to see athlone come in with such a good score :) there was a collective decision made on the 9th to not tell him his score although myself and Charlie kept tabs on in and when we were athlone had 32 points with four to play and shots galore we knew there was a bit score coming in!! All I can is hurling grip seems to be the way to go :)

Well done again to Seve on another well organised outing. Tullamore was in great condition as always!! Bring on next month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Well done on the win Athlone, that is a great score.

Raging I missed it, I do like the course, some really good holes.

J

bobster453 wrote: »
    Bloody video is too big to load to Boards, spent ages trying to reduce size, but I have a plan, more anon:mad:

youtube it. you can then edit out all the messing around too, lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement