Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ned Flanagan Sunday 15 Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭nilhg

Big looking turnout, they're away down the road

Robin Kelly wins again

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

There's a little bit of a climb, then a sharp enough descent, nice big left hand corner, two cattle grids, a golf course or something, then back on the main road. It's mostly tiring false flats though, well tiring for some.

I'm finding the lack of interest in the race via the forum really interesting... have potential A4s been scared away or are we all just a bit more experienced now?

I refuse to believe it's nearly March again!! I need another winter to try get some fitness! Looking forward to hearing how the A4 race went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

I punctured out of the A3 race about halfway through. Changed quickly and jumped on the back of the A4 as they came past. Few groups going up the road in the road in the A3 and coming back, anyone know how it finished?

The A4 split on the small descent and there ended up being a few different groups on the road on the run in to the line. I'm not sure if it all came together again or not. Few guys took a tumble right at the back of the bunch at the finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I had to chase to get back on to second bunch. We should have driven on but I was exhausted and could understand that we never made it across. Only a few guys seemed to have it in them and the rest clinging on after bridging.

It was fast though. From the go. A lot of strong riders in there this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I was in A4. That descent took me by surprise. I didn't realise we were on the hill until we were going down. Wrong side of the split at the bottom corner. Chased hard and we caught a good few but never got the lead guys. Fair play to them.

Enjoyed that and there was no drama in A4.

Well behaved mostly. The usual bunch riding up on the wrong side and then sitting halfway up the group looking surprised when a car came. But the Comm on the moped was an excellent addition.

Great to be back racing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

My chain snapped in the a3 just as i was about to attack...was a relatively new one and everything...not a great start to the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭wav1

Seamus Sinnot from Wex Whlrs won A3 race in a bunch gallop from Pawlie himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Punctured towards the end of the A3 race, enjoyed it, good to be back racing again.

daragh_ wrote: »
    I was in A4. That descent took me by surprise. I didn't realise we were on the hill until we were going down. Wrong side of the split at the bottom corner. Chased hard and we caught a good few but never got the lead guys. Fair play to them.

Enjoyed that and there was no drama in A4.

Well behaved mostly. The usual bunch riding up on the wrong side and then sitting halfway up the group looking surprised when a car came. But the Comm on the moped was an excellent addition.

Great to be back racing :-)

I was terribly frustrated as it had to dothe same thing as last year but found it tougher. Am convinced the wind changed direction. I passed about 15 lads or more trying to get back so it was really broken up.

• Advertisement

I was terribly frustrated as it had to dothe same thing as last year but found it tougher. Am convinced the wind changed direction. I passed about 15 lads or more trying to get back so it was really broken up.

Early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 A4droppedalot

A4 race; got dropped also after the small climb. Seemed to be attacks straight after the climb which split up the bunch. Some surprisingly sharp bends on the descent. All good clean fun today; the motoman Marshall was a great addition; even if everybody was guilty of being on the wrong side of road at some point. Only crash seemed to be right at the end hope everybody's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

wav1 wrote: »
    Seamus Sinnot from Wex Whlrs won A3 race in a bunch gallop from Pawlie himself.

image.jpg

Anyone in a4 spot the rider who lost it on a corner on the descent and had to overshoot down a lane way off to the side?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I got caught out, I went over the top of the climb near the front, but then all hell kicked off on the descent and into the following flat, so after descending like Wiggins in the wet I ended up having to murder myself to get back on. If I was to take one note away from this race for next year it would be to pay attention on the descent and have some more cojones!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭not sane

Got caught out myself, sat up on descent thinking it would be handy. Hit the golf course and had a hard time at the back and then the speed shot up on the main road again. Major school boy error.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Came across a cool gopro video about 33mins long of the A3 race. And people give out about A4 riders being on the wrong side of the white line against oncoming traffic!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Came across a cool gopro video about 33mins long of the A3 race. And people give out about A4 riders being on the wrong side of the white line against oncoming traffic!!!!

Great video thanks for posting! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Inquitus wrote: »
    I got caught out, I went over the top of the climb near the front, but then all hell kicked off on the descent and into the following flat, so after descending like Wiggins in the wet I ended up having to murder myself to get back on. If I was to take one note away from this race for next year it would be to pay attention on the descent and have some more cojones!

Those cars on the corners on that descent scared the sh*te out of me, was better than last year though because at least it was dry

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Is there a link to that video somewhere? Ta.

• Advertisement

Smalltom wrote: »
    Is there a link to that video somewhere? Ta.

https://www.facebook.com/naascyclingclub?fref=ts

And people give out about A4 riders being on the wrong side of the white line against oncoming traffic!!!!

True, but in A3 lads ride through. In A4 there's a lot of riding halfway up the bunch, running out of steam and just sitting there. :)

Why don't we stick to times, course etc eh?

This is why I posted this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

This is why I posted this.

Cos we don't wanna. :pac:

There was a lot o really nice new kits out there I must say. Carlow... white... edgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Raam wrote: »
    Shows the futility of discussion here really. They are the referees so only they can enforce it. Or Johnny Law if he wants.

And poor clubs in NCD can't even run a poxy little league race and this bull s h i t goes on unchecked everywhere else.

There was a lot o really nice new kits out there I must say. Carlow... white... edgy!

On that point. Longford and Lucan. Very confusing.

Neon LCRC vs neon LCRC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

daragh_ wrote: »
    On that point. Longford and Lucan. Very confusing.

Yeah that one had me scratching my head.

• Advertisement

A lot of snazzy new bikes yesterday too. Can't wait to get some carbon going.

Advertisement