Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ballybeg fires any info and pics

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

So no one knows who is behind all this? , because there is someone ordering this to happen, its like the SpOKES of a wheel it's so obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

wellboytoo wrote:
    So no one knows who is behind all this? , because there is someone ordering this to happen, its like the SpOKES of a wheel it's so obvious.

That's what I'm talking about and it's not trolling. These scumbags are everything that's wrong with waterford city. Drugs,extortion, money lending and laundering. Where's the mass demonstration outside stoke city? Easy to get upset over a few roma and water meters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How do you know its them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Now the Fire brigade have moved to a large new home right by the crime hot spot of Waterford the obvious thing for the Guards to do is move in with them - an office a couple of cars and permanent presence. I hope someone senior in Ballybricken thinks about this and puts it to the Deputy Commissioner in charge of Operations it if they haven't already done so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Now the Fire brigade have moved to a large new home right by the crime hot spot of Waterford the obvious thing for the Guards to do is move in with them - an office a couple of cars and permanent presence. I hope someone senior in Ballybricken thinks about this and puts it to the Deputy Commissioner in charge of Operations it if they haven't already done so.

afaik There is a CCTV monitoring room going in there for the Gardaí but that's about it.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    How do you know its them?

They dont, they are just guessing and talking sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

In situations like this, you could narrow it down to around 5 entities (gangs and/or individuals) but proving which individual, which faction or which gang is the harder part. Cleverer outfits will usually have 2 layers between who actually did it and who ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

I have a feeling the Gardai are building a case against the perpetrators similar to the cases that went on in Limerick recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I have a feeling the Gardai are building a case against the perpetrators similar to the cases that went on in Limerick recently.

If they are it must be some case as those rumoured to be suspect are in gaurds crosshairs with 30+ years

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Id say the true story behind this would rock the foundations of the city. This will be deleted but I'll throw it out there anyway...guards on terrible wages...scum with tons of money, there's no way there's not a couple of guards on the payroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Id say the true story behind this would rock the foundations of the city. This will be deleted but I'll throw it out there anyway...guards on terrible wages...scum with tons of money, there's no way there's not a couple of guards on the payroll.

You are watching too much TV. The guards are not so badly paid that they would risk years in jail and their lives ruined for a few euro. That's even before you get into how these criminal masterminds (to use Daily Mail phraseology) would get around to recruiting corrupt gardaí, not too mention what help could individual guards give plus how would they do it without coming to the attention of their colleagues / GSOC.

Deise Vu wrote: »
    You are watching too much TV. The guards are not so badly paid that they would risk years in jail and their lives ruined for a few euro. That's even before you get into how these criminal masterminds (to use Daily Mail phraseology) would get around to recruiting corrupt gardaí, not too mention what help could individual guards give plus how would they do it without coming to the attention of their colleagues / GSOC.

I think you're being quite naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Think its more of a case of the Garda been scared s**tless of a certain group/family/gang.

So, if one of them offered you 5k and then threatened you...would you take the money or take the risk?

So, if one of them offered you 5k and then threatened you...would you take the money or take the risk?

No doubt about it, there are corrupt or compromised gardai. They are rare but do exist. Like many, they got into property and had financial troubles and can do with digouts. That Martin garda character from Love/Hate was one of the many things this series did to realistically portray what goes on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

By one of them do you mean criminals?

If a criminal pays someone off like that you're theirs then and it mightn't stop any threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You have proof to back up your spurious claims?
    I think you're being quite naive.

I think you're looking for someone to blame other that the criminals. Waterford is a small city, everyone knows everyone, and there are not enough Gardaí in Waterford for them to be one the take and not be found out.
    ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Think its more of a case of the Garda been scared s**tless of a certain group/family/gang.

Again, you have proof? Gardaí are not afraid of the gangs, they arrest them numerous times throughout the year. As someone else mentioned, it's the judicial system and lack of funding (for new prisons) that is the blame here. How can someone in jail perform crime?
    No doubt about it, there are corrupt or compromised gardai. They are rare but do exist. Like many, they got into property and had financial troubles and can do with digouts. That Martin garda character from Love/Hate was one of the many things this series did to realistically portray what goes on.

And Love/Hate is a fictional program where everything is blown out of proportion. Like all fictional programs.

And Love/Hate is a fictional program where everything is blown out of proportion. Like all fictional programs.

1. A pipebomb is thrown through the window of the house of a rival gangster and maims that gangster's wife.

2. A petrol bomb is thrown through the window of the house of a rival family and maims a child member of that family.

One is from Love/Hate and the other is from before Christmas in Ballybeg. Blown out of proportion? Fictional? Not exactly.

You have proof to back up your spurious claims?

I think you're looking for someone to blame other that the criminals. Waterford is a small city, everyone knows everyone, and there are not enough Gardaí in Waterford for them to be one the take and not be found out.

Again, you have proof? Gardaí are not afraid of the gangs, they arrest them numerous times throughout the year. As someone else mentioned, it's the judicial system and lack of funding (for new prisons) that is the blame here. How can someone in jail perform crime?

The world is full of naive people like you. Love/Hate is actually an incredibly realistic TV show. You must spend your days watching Care Bears and Mickey Mouse if you don't think that this type of stuff goes on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As this is now an active court case, this thread has to be closed until the case is completed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement