Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Did anybody notice Andreas didnt put up his hand for either side when vincent was asking for a show of hands on the gay marriage.... He was sitting there looking around him very sheepishly as the opposing sides raised the lámh suas.. check it back on the player... didnt have the b*lls to call it either way.... sit down, we've had enough of the yellow types..

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

This Councillor was cute enough earlier not to raise his hand when VB asked how people would vote on gay marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

That aul lad should become the face of the No campaign. The Yes side will win hands down. Ignorant dinosaur.

Did anybody notice Andreas didnt put up his hand for either side when vincent was asking for a show of hands on the gay marriage.... He was sitting there looking around him very sheepishly.. check it back on the player... didnt have the b*lls to call it either way.... sit down, we've had enough of the yellow types..

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The big question is....

Do they have a race track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

That aul lad should become the face of the No campaign. The Yes side will win hands down. Ignorant dinosaur.

A Yes campaign plant?
    I'd lol if he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Tedddy

irishfeen wrote: »
    Very rural conservative constituency it's to be expected

Yes its traditionally one of the most conservative but with a growing urban population with Ballincollig going from being a small village to the biggest town in the county.

He is entitled to his opinion. I didn't like the way he was laughed down. I'm all for gay marriage but I accept that it's a huge deal to many of the older generation

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The Hoff is back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

He is entitled to his opinion. I didn't like the way he was laughed down. I'm all for gay marriage but I accept that it's a huge deal to many of the older generation
    How could you not laugh at him? :)

• Advertisement

He is entitled to his opinion and I'm entitled to call him an ignorant dinosaur because that's what he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Haha that guy just came out of his rock tonight to give that rant, priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

This is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Is there nothing except diddly-eye music in rural Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Is that Mickey Bon Jovi the accordion player ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Is there nothing except diddly-eye music in rural Ireland?

For the Vincent Browne demographic, probably

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I reckon he sets fire to his accordion at the end of each show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

True.
    But I don't think he gave a damn
    Great craic.

I'd love to be that much craic at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

There was an infamous debate on the oprah winfrey show back in the day ( before she found her inner child and sanctimonious ****e) where they had a local debate in a town where a known gay man with aids had swam in the local swimming pool. That incoherent ignoramous who almost had a stroke telling us how much he was against same sex marriages ( or men marrying women!!!) took me back to that time. Scary how insular some ppl are in their thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Clap your hands if you're gonna vote No!

• Advertisement

This Councillor was cute enough earlier not to raise his hand when VB asked how people would vote on gay marriage.
    Which councillor was that?

Donegal next.

Vinny is not a Dub, he is from West Limerick.

I think there's two points..

i) There's no point in having the debates if the FG people dont show up.
    ii) If they do show up, Vincent will resort to his usual punch and judy nonsense, so they there is no point in the FG people showing up...

irishfeen wrote: »
    Which councillor was that?

I didn't catch his name, FF immediately after the man who was very anti gay marriage

I think there's two points..

i) There's no point in having the debates if the FG people dont show up.
    ii) If they do show up, Vincent will resort to his usual punch and judy nonsense, so they there is no point in the FG people showing up...
    Vinny goes over the top at times but Pat Kenny was embarrassing this morning interviewing Enda.

I didn't catch his name, FF immediately after the man who was very anti gay marriage

http://www.fiannafail.ie/people/aindrias-moynihan/

Michael Moynihans brother I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I think the Fine Gael strategy is to give the others enough rope and they will hang themselves..............and they could be right?

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Vinny goes over the top at times but Pat Kenny was embarrassing this morning interviewing Enda.

I only heard some of the repeat, promo stuff for it.... what seemed like a very cordial "Taoiseach, good morning"...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement