Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

To make up for the delay, the devs will be making 'be the zombie' mode FREE for everyone. This Mode should have been included in the full game from the start.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dair76 wrote: »
    Depends entirely on reviews.

They have been embargoed till after the games release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

good few games up on twitch, apparently the game can be beaten in less then 3 hours
    maybe thats running straight through the story without side missions, but still quite short, hopefully its a decent story though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Defo think I'll have to wait for the disc. Just worked out that if the game is 40GB to download, then it would take 12 hours with my little 8Mb connection. Bloody hell. :mad:

• Advertisement

It's a 17GB download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Surprised nobody as mentioned VG+ yet cost you €50 + around 7 postage and will take around 10-14 days to get here, still 2 weeks before the EU release. Pure madness that you can import quicker , would have been cheaper had the Euro not taken a dive :mad:

Edit: an FYI gamestop won't take these for trade in's but XV/Hmv/CEX will if it matters to you.

57 euro on amazon also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xenji wrote: »
    They have been embargoed till after the games release.

A worrying sign. It doesn't always spell disaster but if you are confident and proud of your game, you figure good reviews can only help.

If you are hiding it away from the press, it doesn't exactly ooze confidence, does it? Very much a wait and see purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Kirby wrote: »
    A worrying sign. It doesn't always spell disaster but if you are confident and proud of your game, you figure good reviews can only help.

If you are hiding it away from the press, it doesn't exactly ooze confidence, does it? Very much a wait and see purchase.

My thoughts aswell. Sometimes we also see some reviews allowed but only ones that look favorably on the game. All publishers have to do is threaten court cases and reviewers fall into line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

My understanding was that there is no embargo, they just haven't sent out review copies of the game yet (although some youtubers have it). Which is pretty much the same thing haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Is the physical copy delay down to a distribution issue? If so that is a major major f**k up. Unbelievable.

Physical release date is now set for February 27th. Bloody joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Alot of high profile youtubers have been given copies of the game to play with permission to upload content. Which I would think the review embargo doesn't make any sense nor should it make people wary if you can go onto youtube now and see various amounts of videos of actual gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I usually never pre-order games as I've been stung in the past (as have most) but this is easily the one game I've been looking forward most to this year so I pre-ordered it during the PlayStation discount weekend. Had a look last night and game has been fully downloaded to my machine and will unlock a few minutes after I get home from work :D

I was worried about the fairly negative things that are coming out about it but after hearing other people peoples opinions of the games on reddit who've actually played it, my excitement has been restored. Roll only 9 hours :(

hallo dare wrote: »
    Physical release date is now set for February 27th. Bloody joke.

Your better off. Gives you plenty of time to make an informed decision instead of pre ordering and getting stung for something that looks mediocre at best from what I have watched so far but again will judge as I weigh up opinions and reviews from others first

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Very odd that game sites only got the review copy today, doesn't fill me with confidence in the game. Will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

wes wrote: »
    Very odd that game site only got the review copy today, doesn't fill me with confidence in the game. Will wait and see.

Not a good sign.

And I don't trust "high profile youtubers" either. Sure they can be paid off to say whatever.

(Wasn't the Middle Earth Shadow of Morder release the same? Paid Youtubers talking up the nemesis system, etc. Except that game turned out pretty great in fairness.)

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Not a good sign.

And I don't trust "high profile youtubers" either. Sure they can be paid off to say whatever.

(Wasn't the Middle Earth Shadow of Morder release the same? Paid Youtubers talking up the nemesis system, etc. Except that game turned out pretty great in fairness.)

True enough in the case of Shadows of Mordor turning out to be rather good, but in this case, it could just as easily be the other way round. Best to take a wait and see approach imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

DLing the full game now on my PS4 US account

I bought from gamestop usa they are selling it for 20 atm due to an error theres a BIG thread on neogaf about it

the error is buying the season pass is showing up as the full game when you redeem it in the PSN

im chuffed

I bought amazon 25Dollar gamestop gift voucher
    redeemed it in gamestop.com
    bought dying light season pass PS4
    redeemed code on PSN and it showed up as full game

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »
    DLing the full game now on my PS4 US account

I bought from gamestop usa they are selling it for 20 atm due to an error theres a BIG thread on neogaf about it

the error is buying the season pass is showing up as the full game when you redeem it in the PSN

im chuffed

I bought amazon 25Dollar gamestop gift voucher
    redeemed it in gamestop.com
    bought dying light season pass PS4
    redeemed code on PSN and it showed up as full game

That's very tempting.. Was gonna wait it out for the reviews, but now I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

For that money you cant go wrong really.

Downloading it now myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I assume you need a us psn account?

Benzino wrote: »
    That's very tempting.. Was gonna wait it out for the reviews, but now I'm not sure.

Yeah, same here, for the price, you can't go to wrong. At the same time, I would be worried that they would revoke the game license, once they fix the mistake, and you just end up with a season pass and no game.

Yeah, same here, for the price, you can't go to wrong. At the same time, I would be worried that they would revoke the game license, once they fix the mistake, and you just end up with a season pass and no game.
    I dunno hopfully not but this is gamestops **** up not sonys so I pray:D

the full game is almost done now for me 13gb DLed if they do start revoking Il play offline till im finished the game LOL

Yeah that's a possibility alright. Decisions decisions!!

biggebruv wrote: »
    I dunno hopfully not but this is gamestops **** up not sonys so I pray:D

the full game is almost done now for me 13gb DLed if they do start revoking Il play offline till im finished the game LOL

Playing offline is actually a good idea to overcome the issue. Just out of interest, if you go to the full game on the store, does it show as purchased for you?

I assume you need a us psn account?

yeah usa psn account
    amazon account for the gamestop gift card

MAKE SURE YOU BUY AS A GUEST ON GAMESTOP IF YOUR DOING THIS AS YOU GET THE GAMES CODE ON THE GAMESTOP SITE AFTER YOU CLICK PURCHASE

BE PREPARED TO LOSE 20 EUROS IF IT DOES NOT WORK AS IT COULD GET FIXED ANY SECOND NOW ITS LASTED WAY TO LONG AS OF NOW

YEP ANDDDDDD ITS GONNNNNEEE

Looks like it's gone off the site now, can only find it for PC or Xbox one

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah that's a possibility alright. Decisions decisions!!

Playing offline is actually a good idea to overcome the issue. Just out of interest, if you go to the full game on the store, does it show as purchased for you?

ill check in bit for ya im DLing on my regular account atm wanted to get back to my shores ASAP:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've played the first hour, so here's a few impressions.

Since it's essentially a tangent from Dead Island, comparisons with that are warranted.

The tone has changed, it's much less about action/violence. No more damage numbers when you twat a zombie with a pipe. There's much more emphasis on escape/evade, though that's pretty much as advertised.

The story seems a little deeper, since there's at least more of a subplot than just escape zombies too.

The first hour is barely the prologue, so it's too early for a conclusion, but it seems promising so far, but then I always like the Dead Island series.

Advertisement