Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypespotting 4

Options
  • 11-11-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

A little bit of copy and paste...

The most HYPE event of the year is back!
    Versus Scotland present the return of the most exhilarating, most electrifying event on the calendar – Hypespotting!
    On the 4th and 5th April 2015, Scotland’s national fighting game tournament will be invading the Thistle Hotel in Glasgow once again for more epic showdowns. Over two days, five fantastic tournaments will be fought and won. A packed roster includes Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, and The King of Fighters XIII, all on Xbox360. The community has spoken and we are happy to announce that for the first time at Hypespotting, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be played on PS3!
    But that’s not all, Versus Scotland are delighted to welcome a new guest to the party – Super Smash Bros for Wii U! This hotly anticipated release has already got the fighting game community talking, and we are super excited to host it at our major event.
    Plus, in what some consider the most competitive and dramatic part of the weekend – we see the return of the Hypespotting Pub Quiz! With the aid of our regular question masters, this now legendary quiz will test your gaming knowledge to its maximum. Only the smartest, and possibly most rhythmically coordinated, challengers will remain – could you conquer the quiz and return home a hero?!
    In the lead up to the main event next April, Versus Scotland invite you to join us on the Road To Hype!
    Kicking off in Glasgow on December 7th, this tournament series will offer you a chance to win your tournament entry at Hypespotting, and pick up valuable seeding points. With Road To Hype events happening all over the UK and beyond, there will be many opportunities to not only get in that important competitive practice, but also accumulate more vital seeding points for the main draw. Look out for announcements of Road To Hype qualifiers happening near you soon!
    Stay up-to-date with all the latest Hypespotting news!
    With exciting developments and more information on the way, you want to stay informed of all the latest updates. You can do this via –
    Hypespotting Website – hypespotting.co.uk
    Versus Scotland Facebook – facebook.com/versusscotland
    Versus Scotland Twitter – twitter.com/versusscotland
    Versus Scotland Website – versusscotland.com
    Make sure you experience the excitement and atmosphere of Hypespotting. Whether you have joined us in previous years, or this will be your first time, Versus Scotland will welcome you to Glasgow.
    The HYPE is back, and it’s more awesome than ever!
    Hypespotting 4. Thistle Hotel, Glasgow. April 4th & 5th 2015.

Myself and Fergus have already stated interest in going for Tekken.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm already pushing it going to Cannes in the third trimester, so Hypespotting when the baby's due is unfortunately not going to happen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Planning to go and get bodied at SF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Think I'll head up to this too. I like Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I'd really like to go to this.
    Will all depend on how the next semester goes and funds, but I'm definitely very interested.

@Neil & Gussy
    Are you guys going to the "Road to Hype" event(s) also?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Not myself Usurper. The events for Road To Hype all take place in the UK AFAIK, so unless somehow there will be one in Ireland I'll just head to HS4 only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Same as Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

i went to this last year and it was a really really good event..

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

theres a 'travel lodge?' right across the road from it..

Pretty much can confirm that I'm going now. I'm told that you can stay in the Easyhotel in Glasgow for 20 pounds a night for a single room.

I'm not sure what the cost is for a two-bed room, but I'm willing to share if anyone is confident they'll be available.

If I don't hear soon enough I'll just book a room for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm a bit undecided atm because there's UT (to be confirmed but it is pretty much anyway) and that event that Liono claims to be a huge tekken event to be announced on the same date as HS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Since Cannes is a bust I'll go to this.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'm a bit undecided atm because there's UT (to be confirmed but it is pretty much anyway) and that event that Liono claims to be a huge tekken event to be announced on the same date as HS.

Apparently Liono knew the date for HS anyway and went ahead and organized that event. The HS guys announced it before Liono did so I think they deserve the entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

That's right before my exam week, so I wouldn't be able to go even if I could afford the plane flight over. Bah!

Hope you guys have a kickass time without me

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I may be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'll be going too. I will not be staying at easy hotel however. Its basically a shelf you can sleep on. I'll go for the hotel option - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/209/Glasgow-Central-hotel This one is cheaper than venue and around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

Team Zoomy (lol) will be going & really looking forward to it!! Is the IFGC doing a road-to-Hypespotting this year? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Zoomyzoom wrote: »
    Team Zoomy (lol) will be going & really looking forward to it!! Is the IFGC doing a road-to-Hypespotting this year? :)

holy ****, someone else in smellbridge apart from two of my mates play fighters too?

airmax87 wrote: »
    holy ****, someone else in smellbridge apart from two of my mates play fighters too?

Myself and Doom both live in Celbridge too.

You should come up for a few games if you are about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Myself and Doom both live in Celbridge too.

You should come up for a few games if you are about.

I had no idea, I'm down in Castletown.
    Normally on a friday night we'd have some scrubby games of CVS2, 3S and ultra before heading to the inn.
    I'm fairly new to USF4 but I'm defo up for some, I could probably learn a lot too.

airmax87 wrote: »
    I'm fairly new to USF4 but I'm defo up for some, I could probably learn a lot too.

I'm looking to learn a grappler, I'll pick Hawk and we can learn together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

While those two fight over who gets to play first ;) I'll be in the other room with a variety of hot & cold drinks on offer :) I'm study FGT and the IFGC as part of my PhD in Linguistic Anthropology - Rose is my character but I'm soooo free ;)

I'll be going too. I will not be staying at easy hotel however. Its basically a shelf you can sleep on. I'll go for the hotel option - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/209/Glasgow-Central-hotel This one is cheaper than venue and around the corner.

I'll take your word for it. I'll see if there's a two single bed option if anyone is willing to share.

What's the feeling on times, Friday-in/Sunday out? Monday-out?

We are flying over on the Friday (3rd). Leaving the Monday (6th).

There are rumours that a Road to Hype event is being formulated/created/mused/pondered for Ireland ...... more to follow soon.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Going to book my stuff very soon, hoping to attend this as it falls during my easter break

I'm booking tomorrow. Pay day...

For those who might want to jump on the same flight as us

Flight EI3224 - Fri 03 Apr 2015
    Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 13:15
    Arrives: Glasgow-Main Terminal (GLA) 14:20

I'm not flying back to Dublin on the Monday

For those who might want to jump on the same flight as us

Flight EI3224 - Fri 03 Apr 2015
    Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 13:15
    Arrives: Glasgow-Main Terminal (GLA) 14:20

I'm not flying back to Dublin on the Monday

Booked the same flight on Friday as you guys. Will be flying back on the Monday at 11.30.

Anyone need a roommate for a bed room in the Travelodge?

Macal wrote: »
    Booked the same flight on Friday as you guys. Will be flying back on the Monday at 11.30.

Anyone need a roommate for a bed room in the Travelodge?

I'll PM you now.

• Advertisement

Booked myself on Ryanair flights.
    Friday 2pm out / Monday 3.25pm back.

Advertisement