Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC modem/router Technicolor TC7200

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xerophyll

Karsini wrote: »
    Out of interest, if you log into the modem and click Basic at the top, is the IP address a v4 or v6 address?

right now its showing ipv6 address. is that the reason why my bridging fails?
    it was 2 weeks ago if im not mistaken, my internet was down for one evening and when it went back on i logged in and just want to check my connection when i noticed there was no more ipv4 settings..

xerophyll wrote: »
    right now its showing ipv6 address. is that the reason why my bridging fails?
    it was 2 weeks ago if im not mistaken, my internet was down for one evening and when it went back on i logged in and just want to check my connection when i noticed there was no more ipv4 settings..
    Hmm, the plot thickens. I wonder if they're disabling bridge mode as part of the v6 rollout?

Karsini wrote: »
    Hmm, the plot thickens. I wonder if they're disabling bridge mode as part of the v6 rollout?

yeaa perhaps..because i remember seeing one of the recent poster in here was trying to bridge his/her modem and might have been successful since not all places have been supplied with ipv6 so far (right?)

yeaa perhaps..because i remember seeing one of the recent poster in here was trying to bridge his/her modem and might have been successful since not all places have been supplied with ipv6 so far (right?)

Yes, I'm still on v4 from what I can see. But my internet was down for nearly 12 hours on Friday so I'm a bit afraid to reboot the modem in case I lose it. :o

does anyone know the name for that cable that we used from the upc splitter box to this tc7200 modem? is it "coaxial cable"?

the white one provided by upc is just too short..so does this one will fit and work for our setup?

(sorry im a new user so no url can be posted, just add the dots at the address)

www amazon co uk/Satellite-Virgin-Connector-Digital-Coaxial/dp/B00B4AUZKK/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1412668342&sr=8-17&keywords=coaxial+cable+modem+3m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

does anyone know the name for that cable that we used from the upc splitter box to this tc7200 modem? is it "coaxial cable"?

the white one provided by upc is just too short..so does this one will fit and work for our setup?

(sorry im a new user so no url can be posted, just add the dots at the address)

www amazon co uk/Satellite-Virgin-Connector-Digital-Coaxial/dp/B00B4AUZKK/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1412668342&sr=8-17&keywords=coaxial+cable+modem+3m

yes that should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

i have the technicolor modem and i have a iptv box connected to it hardwired it streams fine for about 10 mins then stops and the lights on the modem stops and its like it resets itself and when i disconnect the ethernet cable out of the modem and plug it back in the tv picture on the iptv comes back..it happens every 15 mins. can anyone help me from stopping this is there a setting in the modem that can prevent this

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wrongtarget

Guys,

I don't have a UPnP option or a DMZ option in my Technicolor TC7200 settings :S Even when I can see it on screenshots and when I see that everybody in this thread in early pages seem to be talking about it. This is what I can see in my advanced page:

Am I missing anything? Did some update disable any features? Can I enable them?
    I'm based in Dublin. Just got the router.
    Thanks!

Some areas have gotten an IPv6 DS-Lite update, which disables the port forwarding options. See here:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/92511423

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

I am having problems with Technicolor TC7200 since morning, it connects/disconnects itself every 2-3 minutes.
    I do not know what is going on. I am based in Phibsboro area.
    Maybe UPC are doing some work around this area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 gigatoaster

Hello I think I have this router. I have 60 mb. Is it possible to turn off the blinking light? I like to watch movies in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I just put something in front of it. The light is handy to see if theres a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

I too upgraded from 30mb to 120mb recently and got this crappy Technicolor TC7200.U smart modem/router box. I am now suffering terrible problems playing on XBL lag, disconnecting from XBL, getting kicked from party lobbies and party.

What's strange is that once the game gets going (zombies long game) I dont get kicked or suffer party trouble at all but sitting in the lobby for 5 minutes or so with some friends not all of my friends and I get kicked. So I thought NAT is my problem and I logged onto the box and was looking for NAT but it's not there so I enabled UPNP and said surely that will solve it now but no it is exactly the same still.

Anyone have any clue what I can do next on this stupid box. Its wired connection and DHCP is assigning IP to the xbox, Firewall is set to low and I dont not want to turn this off completely. I did try give the xbox static IP and google DNS but then my NAT is strict as I get the message from the xbox directly after this configuration, I don't get the message from the xbox under DHCP and checking it I found it my NAT open under DHCP, so I really cannot explain this.
    Modem firmware STD6.01.27

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

So it has been ages since I was on XBL until the other day, so I had no need to go to bridge even though HD stream on some streaming sites just does not work, but I could live with it enough not to spend over a day messing round trying to get bridge mode stable..
    as I mentioned before ages ago... I am was having real problems gaming, again the other night no matter what game COD4,WOT,BO2 its just certain people i get kicked.

I done the dmz ages ago it helped a little not much and ports were forwarded to xbox also..

So I opted to turn firewall off- No difference, I bridged the modem with a netgear router both ways snmp/webpage and it dropped every 5 to 10 mins..
    I then tried it with a regular Intellinet router and it seems better now, I mean it has not dropped once in two days and all seems good.

I am thinking is it just certain devices it just works with or not work with?, if I remember correctly Karsini has it bridged with an AVM Fritz Box 7390, What I am wondering is, is there anybody else out there with the same box as Karsini or me, my question for you is it's working or not working?? same box working here but not working elsewhere??,

My box: Intellinet Wireless 300N 4 port router as cheap as chips really and free in my case!! ;)

One of the major things that has been discovered is that if you bridge via the webpage, it doesn't work properly and can drop every 15 minutes. You're better off using one of the SNMP methods outlined originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

yeah I read that alright. I did the bridge both ways on the netgear still the same SNMP was my first try tbh as I did read the problems with others and its the one I have done now with my Intellinet that's working good so far.. well two days really but better than ten minutes..

I would really like to know though if someone had issue's bridgiing with one device got there hands on another one we know works good and tried it does it resolve their issues. Is the device flaky with some other devices and not others just seems odd it was crapping out with my netgear which is way better than this cheap oul router but it works none the less so no complaints in that end..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AaronGallagher

Got a letter from upc about 2 weeks ago saying they were giving me a upgrade from 50gb to 60gb and that they would send out a new router, They sent out a Technicolor TC7200 so i installed it. Download/upload speeds on laptops have all seen improvements, But on my xbox 360 i constantly get lagged out of partys and disconnected from xbox live. I have tried everything, I have opened all the ports..disabled firewall..Enabled upnp.. I even set up a dmz and its still the same, Its amazing because it only happens on the xbox. It is definetly the router because it never happened on the old one.

I tried plugging my old router (cisco) back in and all the lights show up like they should, And i can connect to the router, But i cant get internet.. Even though the online light is on. Tried messing with the settings on it but didnt see anything wrong. I even reset it and its still the same.

Any ideas?? Head is absolutely fried!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They've changed your provisioning to the new modem, you'll need to call them to get the old one to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Wifi keeps dropping about once a day. The wifi light is still on the modem but my laptop can't see it, my phone can't see it and my netbook can't see it. If I turn the box off and on it works again.

Anybody encountered this or have any tips to remedy it? Ringing UPC tech support would be a last resort based on previous experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

you would think at this stage they would just turn on bridging so we can buy our own routers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

you would think at this stage they would just turn on bridging so we can buy our own routers

Never going to happen. They decided to withdraw the bridging feature in order to maximize their chances of WiFree being successful.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

their routers are **** joke it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Never going to happen. They decided to withdraw the bridging feature in order to maximize their chances of WiFree being successful.

Makes no sense. Its a redundant feature when so many have mobile data plans. If someone is visiting its likely you'll give them your own Wifi password anyway.

I always thought it was so they could fix problems remotely. But as they can't do that anyway, that's also pointless, especially as its their gear causing the problems.

their routers are **** joke it is

Talking to one of their technicians recently and he said they were currently trialing new routers and the response was very favorable. I'm damned if I can remember the name of them but I think it started with 'A'

Any members out there using them?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

i asked for an cisco epc 3925 as my mam has one and i have that bridged but they said they dont do them anymore

i asked for an cisco epc 3925 as my mam has one and i have that bridged but they said they dont do them anymore

They still do them but only for business users. Some have had success with coaxing them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dublinercheese

I tried repeatedly to get one of the older cisco modems, no dice. I'm a brand new UPC customer. I even told them about all my devices being 802.11ac (Asus RT-AC66U Router, iPhone 6, Macbook Pro) and they still said "too bad." They referred me to their premium support phone service, but I was never able to connect with anyone. Very disappointing. I'm also on DS-Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 osullsean

I had very unreliable WiFi between April and December 2014. I got UPC to issue a new TC7200 first, but the problems were still the same. So I called to tell them that each TC7200 provisions a wireless service with its country code locked to operate in the Netherlands rather than in Ireland, and that I basically wanted a router that's set up to work in Ireland. They conceded the point and sent out a Cisco EPC3925 by overnight delivery. Feels like I won the lottery.

osullsean wrote: »
    I had very unreliable WiFi between April and December 2014. I got UPC to issue a new TC7200 first, but the problems were still the same. So I called to tell them that each TC7200 provisions a wireless service with its country code locked to operate in the Netherlands rather than in Ireland, and that I basically wanted a router that's set up to work in Ireland. They conceded the point and sent out a Cisco EPC3925 by overnight delivery. Feels like I won the lottery.

Good for you, you won't know yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dublinercheese

Has anyone tried simply buying a cable modem and getting them to provision it for you?

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried simply buying a cable modem and getting them to provision it for you?

Not that I'm aware of but I doubt they'd entertain that on the grounds of support issues.

Advertisement