Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads. W.T.F?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭emo72

Gatling wrote: »
    So did anyone happen to see fiona ( as named in the various fb posts ) actually hit the bollard or read the title and decided she was thrown into the bollard without actually seeing it ,

I've only seen the video i posted. its enough to make me sick. i didnt see the girl hit the concrete or bollard. thank god. does it really make much difference? surely anyone would agree its horrible anyway. would you like it done to you? im not here to garda bash. this thread does belong here. i would like to get the input from gardai on this. would every gardai think this is acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Like 110% of the short garda brutality videos posted that showed absolute the opposite

I think this may be the "one video to rule them all" (I don't know either!).

We see a woman walking beside the car, quite close.

And, initially two Guards, confront and are seen pushing her away. Our third "hero" enters stage left and gives her a good oul rugger bugger shove to the path then quickly exits. The bollard was just an innocent bystander.

Some old saying about smoke and fire that can be related to phones and acts of violence nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

emo72 wrote: »
    its enough to make me sick.

Must be an awfully difficult life being so sensitive.

SeaDaily wrote: »

Or y'know, empathetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

So did anyone happen to see fiona ( as named in the various fb posts ) actually hit the bollard or read the title and decided she was thrown into the bollard without actually seeing it ,
    efb wrote: »
    Don't be bothered with things like facts! We just want hysteria
    I think we're sticking to a "magic bollard" theory at the moment. Or maybe it was the bollard in the grassy knoll. Completely overlooking the fact that the guard shoved her...to get her off the road.

Justice for the bollard!

:mad:

• Advertisement

not just me then. this video has gone viral. anyone who has seen and heard the "thud" is sickened by it. or maybe im wrong. im over reacting, "move along nothing to see here". im the fool for asking on a forum that gardai are on, is this acceptable. i take it all back. im the idiot for starting this thread here.

Or y'know, empathetic?

Yeah but it must be terribly tiring to be so empathetic and dramatic all the time.

"OH MY GOD THAT'S DISGUSTING I FEEL SICK WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO"

That sort of melodrama solves nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

not just me then. this video has gone viral. anyone who has seen and heard the "thud" is sickened by it. or maybe im wrong. im over reacting, "move along nothing to see here". im the fool for asking on a forum that gardai are on, is this acceptable. i take it all back. im the idiot for starting this thread here.

Define "gone viral"?

It's not just you over-reacting it's all those who are commenting on the Facebook post as well.

After Hours more suited to the hyperbole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

absolutely DISGUISTING that THUG should be signing on tomorrow

Yeah but it must be terribly tiring to be so empathetic and dramatic all the time.

"OH MY GOD THAT'S DISGUSTING I FEEL SICK WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO"

That sort of melodrama solves nothing.

As does the other side of the scale. Also empathy != melodrama.

Sometimes being level headed pays off too!

masonchat wrote: »
    absolutely DISGUISTING that THUG should be signing on tomorrow

Good thing you bolded those two words, wouldn't have been able to read them otherwise.

As does the other side of the scale. Also empathy != melodrama.

Sometimes being level headed pays off too!

Yes absolutely. However, please go and read the comments on that Facebook video and then come back and tell me that the people reacting to this video are being level-headed.

After Hours more suited to the hyperbole

wanted to get some gardai input. thats why i posted here. im anti water charges. heart on sleeve type of guy. im not overly sensitive, i have kids, if they were in town and got involved in protests, i would expect gardai to protect them. not ****ing assault young girls. yeah it sounds like hyperbole. but its accurate. a massive assault by 3 men on a young girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

She threw herself infront of a moving car! Throwing yourself infront of a moving car isnt going to end well. Regardless of if they are Gardai, your first response is to pull the person back. The Garda must not have realised how much they pulled her. Look at the body stance of the Garda after he pulls the women. He is shocked.

Also why is the video cut after 15 seconds? Has he gone to apologise, but the tape was conveniently cut?

wanted to get some gardai input. thats why i posted here. im anti water charges. heart on sleeve type of guy. im not overly sensitive, i have kids, if they were in town and got involved in protests, i would expect gardai to protect them. not ****ing assault young girls. yeah it sounds like hyperbole. but its accurate. a massive assault by 3 men on a young girl.

She's not a young girl. She's either a young woman or an older girl

Yes absolutely. However, please go and read the comments on that Facebook video and then come back and tell me that the people reacting to this video are being level-headed.

That's another thing, I haven't read those comments. We're discussing this on a message board which is supposed to stick to facts, and therefore have an informed discussion. A 'debate' if you will. Not resort to petty gripes regarding spelling or condescension.

She's not a young girl. She's either a young woman or an older girl

again you are being pedantic. she is a young woman. my apologies.

again you are being pedantic. she is a young woman. my apologies.

I feel your misuse of young girl was being emotive

• Advertisement

Suppose it depends on the generation, doesn't it?

Suppose it depends on the generation, doesn't it?

No generation could describe her as a young girl

you are right. i was very emotive. i withdraw my young girl comment and change it to young woman. does anything really change. be under no illusion, i am very emotive over this incident. im sorry for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You'll not have a good time of it with this subject in this particular forum, much like a member of the force trying to reason such an action in among the members of After Hours. The biases are out in force, I'd retreat now if I were you.

You'll not have a good time of it with this subject in this particular forum, much like a member of the force trying to reason such an action in among the members of After Hours. The biases are out in force, I'd retreat now if I were you.

I am not a Garda

I am not a Garda

Good for you.

Good for you.

Are you?

Are you?

No

No

Good for you too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There was no massive thud as been claimed she fell on the ground /assisted she didn't seem awfully bothered sure her glasses were still intact .
    sure didn't ye all here about the mass mobilisation of the army , tanks , and the 4 new water Cannons we bought belting down every main road in the country ......

Advertisement