Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

swoody wrote: »
    lazio having fun with sporting i see or is it the other way round with sportings counters? :D

Excuse your cheek.....

Trying to bring in some strong talent for my bench next season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Anyone know is there a schedule for reviewing the leagues or anything?
    Specifically when is the PL gonna be reviewed?

this ad sprung to mind, just replace SM rating updates with Lotto numbers. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

When I reject an offer and thinking of accepting another offer for my player the other manager comes back with an improved offer I feel like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in

i'm more of a "Go Fcuk Yourself" kind of guy when it come to rejection. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Anderson Talisca +3 to 85
    Bernard Mensah +4 to 80
    Danilo Barbosa +2 to 78

Expecting those 3 to go far! They seem to have reviewed the whole Dutch league bar Sinkgraven!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys,

Is there an up-to-date list somewhere of clubs in the game and their average squad rating?

Thanks

Willing to listen to offers on my players.... Just to see what's out there..

ALL of them

Willing to listen to offers on my players.... Just to see what's out there..

ALL of them

Neymar?! ;)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Neymar?! ;)

ALL

Neymar?! ;)
    ALL

Ok, Januzaj and how much cash ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

The offer for Stefan REINARTZ of Bayer Leverkusen from FC Schalke 04 has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

With Ben Davies and Jack Grealish going the other way. Reinartz will strengthens my CB and DM positions, nice little deal I didn't see coming.

Bayer Leverkusen a pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

The offer for Stefan REINARTZ of Bayer Leverkusen from FC Schalke 04 has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

With Ben Davies and Jack Grealish going the other way. Reinartz will strengthens my CB and DM positions, nice little deal I didn't see coming.

Bayer Leverkusen a pleasure to deal with.

I think that's the last of my Schalke great hopes moved on:(

I've said it before but it's all well and good having loads of good youths but I need first team player's at the moment and not waiting a few years until one or two lads may even hit a useful rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Oooh Neymar.......

Tupac, talk to me...... :D

The offer for Nicolai BOILESEN of Aalborg BK from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

9 appearances so far for Ajax and and 11 ininternation caps!

Defo one for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

I've said it before but it's all well and good having loads of good youths but I need first team player's at the moment and not waiting a few years until one or two lads may even hit a useful rating.

But the thing is some of them youths werent "good youths"....... they were world class youths with massive futures ahead. Some people,like myself, enjoy buying youth and watching them develop. I had chances to take over top teams with great players but didnt because it would kill me if I was still playing in a years time and looked back at the youth team ive developed around a crap side turn into a top side, maybe its killing him now to see some of the top youths he bought be sold on

modo85 wrote: »
    But the thing is some of them youths werent "good youths"....... they were world class youths with massive futures ahead. Some people,like myself, enjoy buying youth and watching them develop. I had chances to take over top teams with great players but didnt because it would kill me if I was still playing in a years time and looked back at the youth team ive developed around a crap side turn into a top side, maybe its killing him now to see some of the top youths he bought be sold on

Yes, Yes it is. It'a like sending orphaned twins to different foster parents.

ANDRÉS FERNÁNDEZ 88 rated goalkeeper for sale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, I'd adore Neymar but can't imagine I'd be able to formulate an offer which would leave me happy with my first team..

Some people,like myself, enjoy buying youth and watching them develop. I had chances to take over top teams with great players but didnt because it would kill me if I was still playing in a years time and looked back

You see there is the difference mate, not everyone wants to play that way. I could not play it by having to sit on youth for 2,3 or more years waiting for them to hit at least an 88 or 89 where they can be used proper in my first team. No offence but by the time your best prospect's become world class this game world could be long gone.

I have certain youths I'm a fan of in real life like Timo Werner, Ruben Neves & Frank Bagnack that I won't be selling. I then have Mustafi, Kolasinac, Goretza, Ziyech who are young and also highly rated that I am keeping.

Tbh if I want to bring in better rated players I have no choice but to swap youth.

If lads are so annoyed with "their youth" being moved on then don't leave the club in the first place. I'm doing my best to bring in good decent rated players to try and help improve my push up Div 2 I was often left playing loads of 87s last season due to being short of stronger players.

Those youths have gotten me PAPADOPOULOS, Kyriakos a 22 year old 89 and Christan Tello a 23 year old 89 who performed massively for me last season. I now have Stefan Reinartz a 25 89 playing very well for a good Leverkusen side who will shot straight into my defence so regardless of what lads think I'm happy even though I'd prefer not to have to sell off my youths but what can I do.

• Advertisement

You see there is the difference mate, not everyone wants to play that way. I could not play it by having to sit on youth for 2,3 or more years waiting for them to hit at least an 88 or 89 where they can be used proper in my first team. No offence but by the time your best prospect's become world class this game world could be long gone.

I have certain youths I'm a fan of in real life like Timo Werner, Ruben Neves & Frank Bagnack that I won't be selling. I then have Mustafi, Kolasinac, Goretza, Ziyech who are young and also highly rated that I am keeping.

Tbh if I want to bring in better rated players I have no choice but to swap youth.

If lads are so annoyed with "their youth" being moved on then don't leave the club in the first place. I'm doing my best to bring in good decent rated players to try and help improve my push up Div 2 I was often left playing loads of 87s last season due to being short of stronger players.

Those youths have gotten me PAPADOPOULOS, Kyriakos a 22 year old 89 and Christan Tello a 23 year old 89 who performed massively for me last season. I now have Stefan Reinartz a 25 89 playing very well for a good Leverkusen side who will shot straight into my defence so regardless of what lads think I'm happy even though I'd prefer not to have to sell off my youths but what can I do.

This, all day long..... THIS!!!

Long story sort mate, play the game your way, your spot on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I have my talented players now and a couple of ones for the future and most of the youth when they increase will offloaded for profit.

Its the reason i'll not leave Porto.

My clubs, my deals, my players ...

The day i leave porto will be to quit the game...

I wasnt having a go at the way you run your team I was just saying I could understand how the other manager felt when he sees players he brought in, that he had high hopes for, be moved on..

you also mention that by the time my prospects reach world class level the game will be long gone, I actually take that as a complement as that is my aim when playing this game - to pick up world class players- so when I watch them on telly, weather the game is long finished or not, I can feel happy knowing that I had/have them in the game..
    You see alot of people have this debate about all the unmanaged teams having dirt players left so no one will take them over but I was one of the few managers that took over one of those dirt clubs and feel the only way I will ever have world class players at my club is through these youths that will only make it big when the game is long over.. my point being basically you cant really be comparing big schalke with little cruzeiro in regards to ambitions..
    Correct me if im wrong but did you not sell talisca? If so he wont be world class in 3 years he will in 1-2...thats the point I was getting at, nothing to do with my cruzeiro team

the morale of my story is if I jumped ship from cruzeiro tomorrow for a top team and I seen another manager take over and selling alot of lads I had high hopes for I would prob post a message like the other manager posted last night but obviously not meaning anything bad by it because at the end of the day like u said its your team now and you can do what you like with the team

Ah no worries lad I was just messing around...Each to there own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Its the reason i'll not leave Porto.

My clubs, my deals, my players ...

The day i leave porto will be to quit the game...

I feel the same but I did get tempted a few times in the early days :D

I wasnt having a go at the way you run your team I was just saying I could understand how the other manager felt when he sees players he brought in, that he had high hopes for, be moved on..

you also mention that by the time my prospects reach world class level the game will be long gone, I actually take that as a complement as that is my aim when playing this game - to pick up world class players- so when I watch them on telly, weather the game is long finished or not, I can feel happy knowing that I had/have them in the game..
    You see alot of people have this debate about all the unmanaged teams having dirt players left so no one will take them over but I was one of the few managers that took over one of those dirt clubs and feel the only way I will ever have world class players at my club is through these youths that will only make it big when the game is long over.. my point being basically you cant really be comparing big schalke with little cruzeiro in regards to ambitions..
    Correct me if im wrong but did you not sell talisca? If so he wont be world class in 3 years he will in 1-2...thats the point I was getting at, nothing to do with my cruzeiro team

the morale of my story is if I jumped ship from cruzeiro tomorrow for a top team and I seen another manager take over and selling alot of lads I had high hopes for I would prob post a message like the other manager posted last night but obviously not meaning anything bad by it because at the end of the day like u said its your team now and you can do what you like with the team

Oh I know your not I'm just saying I wouldn't have the patience you have waiting on lads to get bumped I'd get bored. You don't have to tell me about youth being the only way for a small club to develop remember I managed Werder Bremen in div 3 alongside yourself ;) Couldn't get a decent player to save my life so had to rely in getting possible risers :p

Its just now when I can improve the likes of Schalke I'd rather do it and try for a push to div 1 tbh.

Yeah I sold Talisca alright cause I really wanted Hachim Ziyech, he will be 87 by the end of the current football season IMO and looks a very good young player.

The only regret I have is I let Martin Odergaard slip through my fingers after taking over as I never researched him properly :( I had so many youths to research after Burlap I hadn't a clue whether I was coming or going :p

The only regret I have is I let Martin Odergaard slip through my fingers after taking over as I never researched him properly :( I had so many youths to research after Burlap I hadn't a clue whether I was coming or going :p

I have a policy that if 1 in 10 of my youths turns out to be talented I'm happy:D

Ah no worries lad I was just messing around...Each to there own.

Ah no harm done thought you were fair annoyed.

Don't get me wrong I was extremely impressed and amazed at all the talent you had scouted and snapped up, I said asmuch to Tupac and Ger when we were chatting after I took over.

Its just I have my own fav younger players I want and also players like Tello I like as well as really needed can't get em for cash so have to trade. I'd rather have a strong team and leave the youths there but can't get high rated players for nothing unfortunately.

For instance I've been delighted to bring in Mustafi, Goretza, Neves along with Ziyech and Kyriakos. I then have the likes of Timo Werner and Bagnack who I have lablled safe since day one.

Had eye on two certain youths at another club but haven't got a reply even though I am offering what's wanted :(

• Advertisement

Oh I know your not I'm just saying I wouldn't have the patience you have waiting on lads to get bumped I'd get bored. You don't have to tell me about youth being the only way for a small club to develop remember I managed Werder Bremen in div 3 alongside yourself ;) Couldn't get a decent player to save my life so had to rely in getting possible risers :p

Its just now when I can improve the likes of Schalke I'd rather do it and try for a push to div 1 tbh.

Yeah I sold Talisca alright cause I really wanted Hachim Ziyech, he will be 87 by the end of the current football season IMO and looks a very good young player.

You see I cant comment on how to run a top club as I was never there so I am not judging your management skills one bit.. maybe selling youth is the way to go to get top top players in to compete with the elite club I just dont know.. all I know is for my cruzeiro to get to the elite level I need to take gambles on youths with big prospects. .

its safe to say we both have different challenges in the future so best of luck and hopefully both our clubs cross paths in the big league in the coming seasons :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement