Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Paddy is one serious pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Paddy manning speaking the truth. Those of us who always had to pay for water are fed up listening to people who say they already paid for their water through taxation which is a myth.
    He is right too as there is no right to piped water into your house.

I am delighted water charges are being brought in, as I support paying for water, it will make people less wasteful and know water isn't free.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

RobertKK wrote: »
    Paddy manning speaking the truth. Those of us who always had to pay for water are fed up listening to people who say they already paid for their water through taxation which is a myth.
    He is right too as there is no right to piped water into your house.

I am delighted water charges are being brought in, as I support paying for water, it will make people less wasteful and know water isn't free.
    If Paddy Manning, or indeed Robert KK, wants to pay for water, away with them. Some of us may have a different opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Lapin wrote: »
    Interesting to see Lucinda Creighton being pictured with Dessie O'Malley.

Are we seeing the next person to form a political party posing with the founder of the last person to do so?

Meeting that thing is the death of any hope that Lucy has of going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Good loser

coolhull wrote: »
    If Paddy Manning, or indeed Robert KK, wants to pay for water, away with them. Some of us may have a different opinion.

Opinions are one thing. The law is another. Those two supply their own water like 20% of the population - and contribute towards yours.

First class debate last night between Coffey and the Trinity professor; the other two were only a nuisance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good loser wrote: »
    Opinions are one thing. The law is another. Those two supply their own water like 20% of the population - and contribute towards yours.

Any working man has been paying for water all along.
    This silly argument abvout only paying for water now is a farce and meant to deflect.

Good loser wrote: »
    Those two supply their own water like 20% of the population - and contribute towards yours.

Really? They're too kind. Tell them thanks from the 82% who are fed up being taken for a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Really? They're too kind. Tell them thanks from the 82% who are fed up being taken for a ride.

It's the first time I will be going on a march on Sat. since the nuns told us to go for Wood Quay coolhull.....and we all know how that ended....:(

It's all about doing it right, not about paying for a valuable commodity like water. Fat cats getting richer.....

RobertKK wrote: »

While I wouldn’t say I’m delighted water charges are being brought in, I certainly don't have a problem of paying for a good water service piped directly to my house and waste water drained away to be treated properly.

I've paid for it in the past when I lived abroad and fully realise that its an essential service treating and supplying a resource that is getting more and more scarce and needs to be paid for.

However - I utterly detest the idea that a portion of my income is going to fund an organisation that, right from day one has become a byline for cack handed incompetence and shown a total shambolic inability to undertake the task they have been given. And I don't just mean the current government.

To begin with, Irish Water are headed up by a failed city manager whose money burning legacy my in own home town included leaving us with a bill that overran into millions for the Eyre Square redevelopment that was eventually completed over 18 months late. As a reward he was promoted to Dublin City manager where he pissed away a mere €100 million over the Poolbeg incinerator fuckup.

And now we're paying him €200K a year with bonuses (along with 28 others on over €100K with bonuses) to do what he does best. Cock things up. And so far he's doing a pretty good job at that even if we never get to see or hear him. The man wouldn't survive till lunchtime in the private sector.

As well as the balls up over they way they handled billing before a single bill was ever sent out, their demand for our PPS numbers, the confusion over allowances, the exorbitant call out charges for repairs, their appalling customer service (or lack of it), and staff who don't know what their job is, it is also the government's lack of intervention and feet shuffling that make my blood boil.

Its never too late to do the right thing. Irish Water should be wound up immediately, management and board removed without recompense, and start the whole bloody thing again from the beginning using people with a track record for doing things right. Even Basil Fawlty, Frank Spencer and our own Father Dougal would do a better job.

It makes me sick to the pits of my stomach to see a public utility for an essential service being treated like a box of goodies by our government and divided up among their cronies at our expense no matter how incompetent those cronies are at the job. I have absolutely zero confidence in Irish Water.

And that my friends, is why, for the first time since the old farts in the IRFU tried to obliterate Connacht from Irish Rugby, I am taking to the streets on Saturday to kick up a racket. :mad:

While I wouldn’t say I’m delighted water charges are being brought in, I certainly don't have a problem of paying for a good water service piped directly to my house and waste water drained away to be treated properly.

I've paid for it in the past when I lived abroad and fully realise that its an essential service treating and supplying a resource that is getting more and more scarce and needs to be paid for.

However - I utterly detest the idea that a portion of my income is going to fund an organisation that, right from day one has become a byline for cack handed incompetence and shown a total shambolic inability to undertake the task they have been given. And I don't just mean the current government.

To begin with, Irish Water are headed up by a failed city manager whose money burning legacy my in own home town included leaving us with a bill that overran into millions for the Eyre Square redevelopment that was eventually completed over 18 months late. As a reward he was promoted to Dublin City manager where he pissed away a mere €100 million over the Poolbeg incinerator fuckup.

And now we're paying him €200K a year with bonuses (along with 28 others on over €100K with bonuses) to do what he does best. Cock things up. And so far he's doing a pretty good job at that even if we never get to see or hear him. The man wouldn't survive till lunchtime in the private sector.

As well as the balls up over they way they handled billing before a single bill was ever sent out, their demand for our PPS numbers, the confusion over allowances, the exorbitant call out charges for repairs, their appalling customer service (or lack of it), and staff who don't know what their job is, it is also the government's lack of intervention and feet shuffling that make my blood boil.

Its never too late to do the right thing. Irish Water should be wound up immediately, management and board removed without recompense, and start the whole bloody thing again from the beginning using people with a track record for doing things right. Even Basil Fawlty, Frank Spencer and our own Father Dougal would do a better job.

It makes me sick to the pits of my stomach to see a public utility for an essential service being treated like a box of goodies by our government and divided up among their cronies at our expense no matter how incompetent those cronies are at the job. I have absolutely zero confidence in Irish Water.

And that my friends, is why, for the first time since the old farts in the IRFU tried to obliterate Connacht from Irish Rugby, I am taking to the streets on Saturday to kick up a racket. :mad:

I'm glad you got that off your chest Lapin.......and on the latter note...I'm with you my friend!....:) xxx

• Advertisement

^^

Yep, I'll see you both there on Saturday.... Maybe have a pint after? :)

^^

Yep, I'll see you both there on Saturday.... Maybe have a pint after? :)

I'll buy the first....:).....:)

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/irish-water-right-to-seek-pps-numbers-varadkar-says-1.1980645

This made me laugh.....

The Dentist has your PPS number so why can't everyone else?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'll buy the first....:).....:)

It won't be too long before a pint of beer is cheaper than a pint of water ;)

Asked about board appointments to Irish Water, he said he didn’t know the individuals involved but he was sure they were appointed for competency reasons.

Yeah, right .........

Didn't Enda Kenny say the same??....

We should drink as much as possible before then Harry just in case....;)

That Gilmore stuff is merely indicative of the fact that Labour are nothing more than a bunch of lying, hypocritical @rseholes. And then they wonder why their core supporters have deserted them in their droves......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

It already is in my local.:eek:

We should drink as much as possible before then Harry just in case....;)

I did that on Saturday. Not sure I'd recommend it.

Not all in one night, anyway :(

• Advertisement

That Gilmore stuff is merely indicative of the fact that Labour are nothing more than a bunch of lying, hypocritical @rseholes. And then they wonder why their core supporters have deserted them in their droves......

We pretty did say as much before the European Elections Harry, I don't see anything changing now......

They sold their soul for rock 'n roll or money as the case may be.......;)

I did that on Saturday. Not sure I'd recommend it.

Not all in one night, anyway :(

Sure you can have the cure next Sat coolhull with us....;):)

Roger_007 wrote: »
    It already is in my local.:eek:

Where the hell do you drink your pints, Roger? :D

I have no time for Fascist Gael but fair play to Leo for turning up on Vinnie's show tonight.

So you're screwed on the double if you take ice in your cider. :(

I have no time for Fascist Gael but fair play to Leo for turning up on Vinnie's show tonight.

He is very quite so far Harry....:D

If he was in short pants when FF were fleecing us Leo must have been in nappies.

So you're screwed on the double if you take ice in your cider. :(

Not the Bulmers........Noooooooooooooooooo.............:(:(:(

Match day will never be the same again.......

Is Leo on the Grecian Ten Thousand??....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Where the hell do you drink your pints, Roger? :D

Pint of Beer: €4.50
    300ml bottle of water: €3.00

I rest my case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement