Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Clip 1. Taxi all over the place eventually goes into left lane and indicates left then drifts into the right lane again before turning

Clip 2. Taxi stops then goes then stops then goes then goes into bus lane and back out and back in again

Drives me fooking bonkers when taxi drivers sit between two lanes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Drives me fooking bonkers when taxi drivers sit between two lanes!!

Very annoying.
    Take the Ayrton Senna approach, put your car in a position where it's upto them whether or not they'll have an accident :D

On a serious note isn't that "driving without due care and attention"?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Not your typical road block!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Clip 1. Taxi all over the place eventually goes into left lane and indicates left then drifts into the right lane again before turning

Clip 2. Taxi stops then goes then stops then goes then goes into bus lane and back out and back in again

Would you agree that you did speed up as you came up beside the taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Not your typical road block!

Fecking hell that's scary :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

PeteK* wrote: »
    Would you agree that you did speed up as you came up beside the taxi?

No, After he finally moved into the left lane and indicated left he slowed down to take the turn but moved across into my lane for continuing straight, my speed stayed the same i kept a distance until he indicated and picked a lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I am closing this thread a while until the message to keep it on the vids sinks in..

Ok,now reopened.
    Please try to keep discussions on the vids thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

OK, here goes. Two cars drift off the road on my way home last night. All within 15 minutes of each other. The youtube embedded file isn't working, so linked below.

http://youtu.be/kzs6PYnFrYM

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

Good job the renault driver was quick to react, the 'van' just pulled out, then went the wrong way into a 'No Entry'
    (bad quality as my dashcam is knackered!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

b318isp wrote: »
    OK, here goes. Two cars drift off the road on my way home last night. All within 15 minutes of each other.

Jesus Christ, Almighty! :eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

One from a while back, well after the lights change, car drives through pedestrian crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

You can just imagine what the lad in the blue top is saying to the small child.
    "Now that's why you still have to look both ways even when you have the green man".
    I do the same myself with my nieces/nephews. Ironically there's no better education for kids then seeing it in real life like that... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

jimbis wrote: »
    You can just imagine what the lad in the blue top is saying to the small child.
    "Now that's why you still have to look both ways even when you have the green man".
    I do the same myself with my nieces/nephews. Ironically there's no better education for kids then seeing it in real life like that... :confused:

Reminds me of this old dash cam clip

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Running the red on Jervis Street earlier this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Reminds me of this old dash cam clip

1Vcg3skAXLQ

Father giving advise to daughter on driving as he crawls along Hogging the middle lane. :D

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Father giving advise to daughter on driving as he crawls along Hogging the middle lane. :D
    US has different traffic rules, pick a lane and stay in it or something like that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

b318isp wrote: »
    OK, here goes. Two cars drift off the road on my way home last night. All within 15 minutes of each other. The youtube embedded file isn't working, so linked below.

Texting while driving in the first one I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Cocoon wrote: »
    Running the red on Jervis Street earlier this evening

WTF, there must be some visibility issue with the lights.

If posting a long video can people state at which point the five seconds of action happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

You can't see it from the video but i don't think the woman even knew there was lights there, too busy talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

conflicted.

dashcam awesomeness, but on a roundabout.

mods, feel free to move if

today at the ballymun roundabout to the m50 coming from the airport. met this fella.

02d66205

I would say that dashcam trumps roundabout. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

tmg wrote: »
    conflicted.

today at the ballymun roundabout to the m50 coming from the airport. met this fella.

02d66205

Why you driving around in a chicken coop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Tell me you sent that to the gards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    You can't see it from the video but i don't think the woman even knew there was lights there, too busy talking.

Two metres of "cycle path" directing cyclists into (a) a pole and (b) pedestrians waiting on a controlled crossing. That's a candidate for Cycle Facility of the Month, right there.

322650.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

pablo128 wrote: »
    I only drove back that road from Cork this evening. Leaving Cork there was a tosser tailgating me at 75 mph. After a few miles I'd had enough and cranked it up over 100 mph, but he stayed with me. I slowed down, and so did he. Only when I slowed to 50 mph did he overtake me and p1ss off.

Which of ye was worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Two metres of "cycle path" directing cyclists into (a) a pole and (b) pedestrians waiting on a controlled crossing. That's a candidate for Cycle Facility of the Month, right there.

That triangle marking means "don't cycle into the pole or people", alternatively look where you are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

No. 1 rule of the road, always give way to the boss.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

tmg wrote: »
    conflicted.

02d66205

Thats a shocker, on that RB every day. How on earth did he end up there? Either came off the M50 Northbound and took a right into oncoming traffic on the roundabout - took a right on the RB coming from Ballymun direction or did a u-turn? baffling :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

BMJD wrote: »
    That triangle marking means "don't cycle into the pole or people", alternatively look where you are going.

Or ignore the idiots who got their engineering degree in a lucky bag, and stay on the road.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement