Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Thanks - What channel is SOA on tonight?

Would I get to watch SOA series 6 anywhere online?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thanks - What channel is SOA on tonight?

Would I get to watch SOA series 6 anywhere online?

It's only aired in the US of A tonight.

As with any TV show, there are many places to watch S6 online, but that info cannot be disclosed here as per forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

When is it aired here or UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

From geektown.co.uk
    Season 7 is heading to iTunes within a short time of US transmission after being dropped by Channel 5. Season 6 arrives in the UK on DVD and Blu-Ray in September and is available now to buy digitally via iTunes, Amazon Instant and Blinkbox. The DVD and Blu-Ray is available now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

When is it aired here or UK?

Might catch it on Rte in a few years in the middle of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

oh Gemma!

I doubt blaming the poor Chinese guy won her any fans.

Is it bad that when he was taking all the tools out of the drawer I was just like "Ooh" but it wasn't until the salt came out that I winced?

Looks like Marilyn Manson has put on a bit of weight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

Gemma is such a drain on the show at this stage. "Oh it's all about protecting Jax and the boys now" - yea by starting a war with the Triad you absolute moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Unser don't suspect Gemma at all :mad:

So just so I have it straight:
    The Irish killed the Chinese
    The Mayans are siding with the Chinese
    The Irish are sided with the Niners
    The Grim B*stards are trying to find who killed their men and believe it's the Niners
    The Sons are only allied with and trust, as much as they can, the B*stards
    The Sons have an uneasy alliance with the Mayans and Irish and faking with the Chinese

Am I right or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I hope Gemma gets the grizzliest of grim deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

That fork at the end....EEEEK!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So just so I have it straight:
    The Irish killed the Chinese
    The Mayans are siding with the Chinese
    The Irish are sided with the Niners
    The Grim B*stards are trying to find who killed their men and believe it's the Niners
    The Sons are only allied with and trust, as much as they can, the B*stards
    The Sons have an uneasy alliance with the Mayans and Irish and faking with the Chinese

Am I right or am I missing something?

You forgot that Nero is slap bang in the mibble of them all.
    Sons also are trying to build an alliance with the Nazi's - meeting with Maryln.

All looks to be grand as well and on the way to be ironed out before Gemma sticks her big fooking oar in and ignites a war.

A couple of things struck me in the episode:
    - Did Wendy ask for the long leather jacket on purpose from the closet so that Unser would see Juice's bag? And was the whole bag of groceries thing another subtle hint to Unser?
    - Why is Wendy jumping straight into lies with Gemma? Is she planning something so that she'll expose Gemma, but without exposing her, so that Jax will default to her to help with the kids?
    - Why did Happy not have his cut on at the table?

The tone of that episode was sinister, I reckon it'll be more of the club controlling the madness now rather than reacting to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Think this show has gone on too long - that episode wasnt great particularly as we have been waiting so long for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

There was too much going on in that episode imo.

Like all the series premiers to date this years retread the well worn path of letting us get reacquainted with the gang, a whole lot of nothing that goes nowhere and then caps it all off with a grisly event which will shape the series to come. Unlike previous series this years big event didn't see the gang earn a new enemy but that's only because from where I'm sitting, they've got more than they can keep track of at this stage.

One thing that struck me this episode is that the juxtaposition of violence against a sweet soundtrack no longer carries any weight. We've seen it done too many times before and as soon as you hear the first sad note you know that murder is afoot. The irony of the combination is one that has been at heart of the show from the start, Jax is basically a decent enough guy whose faced with committing unspeakable acts but there's no longer that sense of loss we feel when watching him surrender a little more of his soul. The opening scene of Jax beating on a snitch is something that in the past we could forgive, after all if someone is threatening your family then you react but almost killing a snitch so as to get close to neo Nazis is something else. It seems that Jax has gotten a little too comfortable doing despicable things and has started to enjoy them. The death of the three innocent reverands is one of the episodes more upbeat scenes but it's also perhaps the darkest. Jax and the gang kill three innocent people and rather than feel guilt they instead smile and not one of the club seems to care. A couple of series back and the same scene would have played completely different.

The most telling moment in the episode is Jax telling everyone that he's no longer in trying to make the club legit. They're all he has left and he'll go down swinging to protect them. It's a nice way to kick off the end stretch and without all the moral hand wringing and whining the club may finally take that final step to the dark side and should see the series play out with more bodies dropping than remain upright.

At this point Jax is no longer in a position to redeem himself and there's a sense of finality to his actions. The only way he's getting out of this with any humanity left is to die to say another. Perhaps he'll kill Gemma to save his children as at this stage there's nothing Gemma can do to redeem herself. She's easily the most evil character in the show and I had hoped that this series would see her unravel a little but by the end credits she's everything neatly set out for herself. I think the problem is that rather than use the death of Tara to explore how Gemma operates it seems to be more a case of business as usual. I think that the shows biggest misstep has been the lack of developing Jax's kids as characters. They're the last innocents in the show but honestly, it's hard to card what happens them as to us they're little more than names and without whom the show would work just as well.

Unser and Juice is the most interesting aspect of the episode. Two deeply flawed individuals whom have repeatedly tried to do the right thing but it never works out for them. Juice should be dead by now but given how the show works it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to see him be the only member of SAMCRO who walks away at the end.

It's hard to care too much about the show, at this stage the only thing keeping me watching is the fact that it's promised to be the final series. Episode one was a decent start but much of it felt like the show going through the motions. The extended run time felt unnecessary and could easily have lost 15 minutes. Hopefully this won't be a series full of extended episodes as the show has never really earned them.

Special mention goes to the wheelchair scene which is one of the most ridiculous looking things I have ever seen. It's obvious that it's being played for laughs but it's hard to know if were laughing because it's funny or more to do with the atrocious CGI on display. It looked like something out of a mid 90s video-game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That was an almost perfect first episode of a final season. It allows everyone be reminded where allegiance lie, reset 2 of the major characters (Gemma and Jax) and introduces an older groups (Nazis).

For me the highlight/weirdest piece was Gemma kissing Jax at the end, he was about to torture and kill a guy because of her lies and she's pretty much saying "have fun son"

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I don't know about Sons of Anarchy anymore. Kurt Sutter believes his own hype too much. I was a big fan but now I just watch it for the sake of it and barely tolerate. The first couple of seasons were realistic as to how you'd imagine a biker club really is but as it's gone on the writing has got more nonsensical and illogical the whole way through. There's not one likable character in the show and it's hard to root for anyone or care for a character.

Clay should have been killed off after season 4 for maximum impact instead of dragging it out two more years and don't get me started on Gemma who is easily the most detestable tv character of the last 10 years. Being married to Kurt Sutter has pushed her more front and centre than she needs to shes running the whole show FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Damn I really hate Gemma what a horrible character.
    Should still be a decent final season as Jax doesn't give a damn, also it's not going to be as bad as the final season of Dexter (I hope).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Nero and Wendy and the kids will all live happy ever after :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't say I thought much of that episode, and I fully admit I have no clue what's going on with all the 'allegiances' etc etc. For instance, why was Jax trying to get on the nazi's good side in prison?

I'm still not sure if the Wendy brings shopping to her home scene was just really poor writing or are they trying to have her step into Gemma's shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Seemed to me she wanted Unser to suspect Gemma

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭squonk

It's definitely time to call time on this show. I really liked the earlier seasons, season 1 & 2 were pretty good. It's all gone a bit meh recently though. Time was I'd binge watch and end up gagging for the next episode when it got too late. Now I'm almost dragging myself to watch new episodes. They're certainly down the list for me now. I'm interested now only to see how it plays out as it's the last season. I hope they hold true and leave it at that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Can't say I thought much of that episode, and I fully admit I have no clue what's going on with all the 'allegiances' etc etc. For instance, why was Jax trying to get on the nazi's good side in prison?

My take on it is that he knows he's going to be going to war with the Chinese and the Mayans and he knows he needs the nazis and the coloured to support him.

I re-watched it last night, they really are trying to make Jax look the bad guy, starting and ending the episode with a massive beating while trying to make Gemma a more sympathetic character, it was a bit useful that the Chinese guy tells that he doesn't have anyone so it doesn't matter that he dies, Gemma already had him picked.

By the way, Happy was a bit too psyco this episode, showing off his happy face and his joy at the torture at the end.

Finally, the Sons really wasn't good in HD, the fx was shocking nad you could make out the make up as well on some of the characters.

squonk wrote: »
    It's definitely time to call time on this show. I really liked the earlier seasons, season 1 & 2 were pretty good. It's all gone a bit meh recently though. Time was I'd binge watch and end up gagging for the next episode when it got too late. Now I'm almost dragging myself to watch new episodes. They're certainly down the list for me now. I'm interested now only to see how it plays out as it's the last season. I hope they hold true and leave it at that.

I watch the Anarchy Afterword show and it is pretty much set in stone that this is the last season, no backing up now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hope they can finish on a high anyway, have only enjoyed the last two seasons in patches, the first four seasons were much better although did waiver in quality as well occasionally. Really it would have worked a much better with a 4/5 season Jax vs Clay story arc.

The whole how many different ways Gemma can be a complete bitch is wearing a bit thin, and although Tara was one of my favourite charachters in the first few seasons, her later season plotlines were pretty poor as well imo.

I don't know how anyone can think that Gemma is more sympathetic. She sentenced an innocent man to a horrible death and then seems her son off with a kiss and an enjoy yourself smile.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Hope they can finish on a high anyway, have only enjoyed the last two seasons in patches, really it would have been a much bettet show with a 4/5 season Jax vs Clay story arc.

The whole how many different ways Gemma can be a complete bitch is wearing a bit thin, and although Tara was one of my favourite charachters in the first few seasons, her later season plotlines were pretty poor as well imo.

I think it would have been a lot better if they could have gotten rid of Gemma at the same time as Clay (or even before), give Jax and Tara the opportunity to rule as King and Queen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Also what's the story with Bobby? Didn't he only come back because Jax was making the MC legit? Is that all forgotten now?

Advertisement