Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

Big Bet for me on James O' Donoghue Total from play (goals count) Over 3.5 @ 8/11 with Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 geffc

Had to sweat for a bit for the goals in the minor match!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LetsgoGAAGAA

loremolis wrote: »
    Yes, what you see?

Higgins under 0.5 pts 4/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

JLoftus wrote: »
    Big Bet for me on James O' Donoghue Total from play (goals count) Over 3.5 @ 8/11 with Boyles.

1-03 from play for JOD, that'll do 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Boyles enhancements today

James O'd anytime goal 2/1
    Cillian O'c anytime goal 3/1

As usual, max €50

Both land, Boyles jinked with these it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Both land, Boyles jinked with these it seems

Thank you Rialto1 for the heads up was not going to have a bet on the game till your post but did C O C so thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Poor day betting wise, many favs turned over in Tipp. Sars well beaten by 10 points. Didn't see that coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

shmeee wrote: »
    Poor day betting wise, many favs turned over in Tipp. Sars well beaten by 10 points. Didn't see that coming!

You got of lightly, few weeks ago I was given dogs abuse when a number of the favourites in the Kerry Hurling Championship were beaten :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

hupskip wrote: »
    You got of lightly, few weeks ago I was given dogs abuse when a number of the favourites in the Kerry Hurling Championship were beaten :P

As I say, I don't take money out of their pockets.

Both teams were well backed in the bookies and money was down.

Good money lost at weekend now, didn't see them results coming. Drom were just on song and Sars didn't fire one bit.

Loughmore turned over also @ 1/3. Draw a FT and beaten in ET.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Not a GAA expert by any means (that's why I'm here) but I was interested in the handicap betting on the Dublin-Donegal match on Sunday and see that Donegal are available at 5/6 +8 points (or 11/10 +7) with Boyles. Thinking about it myself, I would have expected Dublin to be 4 or 5 point favourites, so an 8-point handicap seems huge to me. I can't see Dublin giving Donegal a hiding like that. Am I wrong/missing something? Any advice appreciated as I'm considering a substantial investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

As a Dub, i fully expect us to beat Donegal.
    But when i first seen the prices chalked up i did think there was value in that too.
    Even Donegal at 7/1 straight out is bigger than i thought. I expected 1/4 or so.

In saying that, Dublin to win by 10 points or more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭robbiezero

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Not a GAA expert by any means (that's why I'm here) but I was interested in the handicap betting on the Dublin-Donegal match on Sunday and see that Donegal are available at 5/6 +8 points (or 11/10 +7) with Boyles. Thinking about it myself, I would have expected Dublin to be 4 or 5 point favourites, so an 8-point handicap seems huge to me. I can't see Dublin giving Donegal a hiding like that. Am I wrong/missing something? Any advice appreciated as I'm considering a substantial investment.

If Dublin manage to get a couple of points ahead in the first half and Donegal are playing a blanket defence it could finish up with the Dubs winning very comfortably if Donegal have to come out and chase the game. Not one I would be touching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

robbiezero wrote: »
    If Dublin manage to get a couple of points ahead in the first half and Donegal are playing a blanket defence it could finish up with the Dubs winning very comfortably if Donegal have to come out and chase the game. Not one I would be touching.

Yep I agree here. The first half is key. If Donegal don't properly contain the Dubs and they go in 4 or 5 points up then it could get to double figures. Alternatively if Donegal frustrate the Dubs and are close or leading in the second half then I can see it being a nail biter.

Ultimately though I think the Dubs have too many guns for Donegal and I'll be taking the -7.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Donegal are not the team of 2012. The Ulster final was pretty close and we saw what Dublin did to Monaghan. PP had Dublin -6 @ 4-5 which looks the best.

Anyone know anything of the minors - Dublin -2 @ evens?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Slattsy wrote: »
    As a Dub, i fully expect us to beat Donegal.
    But when i first seen the prices chalked up i did think there was value in that too.
    Even Donegal at 7/1 straight out is bigger than i thought. I expected 1/4 or so.

In saying that, Dublin to win by 10 points or more :D

Im on the -7 also, but fully expecting a +10 points margin of victory

• Registered Users Posts: 11 geffc

Dubs should win but by how much is a tricky question. Monaghan held Dublin well for 25 minutes and Donegal will be better at the defensive game. It could be a very low scoring first half. Highest scoring half to be 2nd Half @4/11 worth a punt.
    Paddy Power has total score @35.5 points which is hard to take on. No obvious value to be found yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Whatever way you look at it, it's hard to see past a handy enough Dublin win imo. Donegal will keep it tighter at the back than Monaghan did, as this is their best chance, and probably hold out longer. But Dublin's quality will surely break through at some point and once they get a run of scores they won't look back. They didn't score from play for 25 minutes against Monaghan which is strange for them, but they were patient and they still tore them apart with ease once they broke through. They could easily have had another 2/3 goals in the second half.

Big bet on Dublin -7 for me. Even if Donegal manage to keep it tight for 50-55 minutes, the quality of Dublins bench means they can always finish extremely strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Dublin -6 is 5-6 with PP now

somethin tells me they win by 7

Warper wrote: »

Backable alright..

Warper wrote: »

10/1 in Boyles!

• Advertisement

byronbay2 wrote: »
    10/1 in Boyles!

6 or 7 ?

That amigo, is a gift :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Slattsy wrote: »
    That amigo, is a gift :)

You know that means exactly 7?

You know that means exactly 7?

Nope !!! Totally read that wrong lol
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Am on Mayo -1. Was on last week, I think they should get it done this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TheDalioLama

PP handicap for the Dubs now -6 @ 10/11 (Was -7 @ evens last week). Slight improvement means I'll be taking more action. Expect them to get there unless we see a very big 70 mins from Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Boyles given nothing away this week, same enhancements as last week but 7/4 JOD and 5/2 COC

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

PP handicap for the Dubs now -6 @ 10/11 (Was -7 @ evens last week). Slight improvement means I'll be taking more action. Expect them to get there unless we see a very big 70 mins from Donegal.

always been biggest on the dubs hcap

took the 6/5 available for the -7 myself, too good to turn down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I've taken Mayo 10/11 and Donegal (+8) 4/7 along with a couple of soccer games in an accumulator.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement