Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat/general discussion thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Does anybody like listening to remixes of anime music that adds a western song? I think it adds a nice rhythm to it. Like the bit below.

Also, one of the youtube comments are hilarious.

Youtube Comment: Honestly, who has the bigger ego? Kanye or Ragyo.

Let's add a bit of non anime life into this forum :)

What's the most embarassing moment that anime has ever cuased you?

I don't think I've been watching it long enough to have any embarrassing moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

qDvzZnf.jpg

What do people here think of the anime subculture? I'm watching Welcome to the NHK and it's hard not to get a negative view of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Was in the new HMV on Grafton St and have to say they have a very good stock of DVDs in there. Found Berserk, G.I.T.S., Darker Than Black, Paranoia Agent as well as more recent releases like the One Piece collections, s**t tons of Naruto and even Fate/Zero pt 2 (which is only out 6 days).

:EDIT: Just been reading some announcements that came out of MCM London this weekend. News clips from uk-anime.net

From Manga Ent:
    The panel started with a trailer showing off Attack on Titan's English dub, part one of which is released on DVD and Blu-Ray on September 15th, of course. The collector's edition will contain a DVD with 104 minutes of extras, including a "Making of" feature for the series.

The distributor also gave us a sneak preview of the Ghost in the Shell Blu-Ray Steelbook (which is looking good, incidentally), which will be released on September 29th. Manga Entertainment hold worldwide rights to the film (outside of Japan), so will also be releasing this edition in the US, Canada and Australia. Prior to the UK release, there will also be a number of screenings across Picturehouse cinemas around the country.

Also confirmed was a release date for The Devil is a Part-Timer, which will be arriving by October 27th 2014.

One brand new license announcement is that the company have licensed The Princess and the Pilot, which will be released in a subtitle-only form - more details will follow.

The company also had plenty of One Piece news to talk about, confirming the release of its first nine films as three film DVD triple packs, but with the eighth movie also released as a standalone film on both DVD and Blu-Ray with both English and Japanese language options. Alongside that, the distributor has also licensed more of the TV series, taking the UK through to Collection 12. The company are also talking to Toei about One Piece Film Z, but have nothing to report at this time.

Continuing down the shounen track, the distributor have announced that they have acquired Naruto Shippuden Movie 5 - The Blood Prison on DVD and Blu-Ray by December 22nd.

The final two Hellsing Ultimate OVAs (parts IX and X) should be released early in 2015 after the company receive masters from FUNimation, hopefully in October.

Also confirmed are release plans for the third Berserk movie, which is currently slated for an uncut UK release on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 6th.

Questions from the audience included discussion of shows that the company would be interested in licensing - Jerome cited Knights of Sidonia, Terraformers, Sword Art Online II and Black Butler's new series amongst them. Also noted were Captain Earth and Gatchaman Crowds (the latter of which Jerome has been involved in talks with Tatsunoko Productions regarding), as well as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Jerome has been talking to Warner Bros Japan) and the BlazBlue anime.

Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo has been confirmed of further delays to its western release for reasons outside of the distributor's control.

From MVM and Anime Limited:
    Before this panel, we exclusively revealed that MVM Entertainment have licensed The Garden of Sinners for an October UK DVD release. Other licenses announced by the distributor consist of: Further Patlabor OVAs, Bunny Drop, Blast of Tempest, Kokoro Connect (which we've confirmed to be DVD-only) and The Familiar of Zero Season 3. Formats are yet to be confirmed on many of these. The company have also confirmed that Bodacious Space Pirates will be re-released on Blu-Ray.

Meanwhile, Anime Limited have announced that they will be releasing Psychic School Wars (aka Nerawareta Gakuen) on both DVD and Blu-Ray, and with both English and Japanese language options.

Also picked up by Anime Limited is all of Full Metal Panic, which the distributor will be releasing on DVD and Blu-Ray - the company are currently looking into what materials they can get a hold of with a view towards a potential Collcector's Edition.

During the panel's question and answer stage, the prospect of Sailor Moon being licensed was raised, with Andrew Partridge and Ross Liversidge both noting that it didn't perform well on either TV or DVD during its prior UK release, even if they would like to see it licensed.

The prospect of a license for Kyoto Animation's Free was also raised, with Mr. Partridge pointing out that it is a difficult proposition as someone currently holds worldwide rights outside of Japan, while there's also a significant holdback on any Blu-Ray release of the show outside of its homeland.

On that note, Sgt. Frog and Macross were also noted as being difficult to pick up for various reasons, with the former having passed through numerous hands while the latter is held up in rights issues even though many involved in the production of the various iterations of the show would like to see it gain a wider release.

Gotta say, almost jumped and danced a jig when I read Anime Limited got FMP!, one of my all-time favourite series (and maybe I can now return my sisters borrowed DVD's :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement

qwertee have a death note tee up at the moment, in case anyone's interested?

43776.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Links234 wrote: »

43776.jpg

They also have a Soul Eater t-shirt/hoodie up.

43876.jpg

Dunno if anyone uses it, but Animax UK has dropped their monthly sub to £4.99 a month (used to watch streams older than 2 weeks as well as films and any of the Eng Dubs) but have also added the new season of Fairy Tail, selector infected Wixoss, Riddle Story of Devil, Dragonar Academy and Daimidaler to the stream lineup for this season (a bit latethough).

Granted, they only have 3 episodes out of 8 for each show so far but at least 4 that never got streams over here are available, possibly because Animax held the rights, so why the wait?

43776.jpg

Imo, they look to similar. They shouldn't have blocked out their mouths.

I wonder will there be another black lagoon season? I thought it was an incredible anime.

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Imo, they look to similar. They shouldn't have blocked out their mouths.

I wonder will there be another black lagoon season? I thought it was an incredible anime.

The manga hasn't been back running for too long, I don't think a single collected volume has been released since the end of the ova arc.

• Advertisement

This is a short made for the 100th anniversary of Tokyo Station:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

100th Anniversary of Toyko Station video

That's lovely. I feel a bit crap for following it up with this :o :

04fzHIK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Crap, if only my wallet wasn't empty!

One Piece tshirt up too.

There was a Batman animated style FMA tshirt up on Monday.

No money after Nom-Con otherwise I would pick one of these tees up.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

dropping by just to say hi! :) :P

Hi! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hola!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 QwertyCookie

Hi! New here and to anime :) Only started watching it since September last year. Mainly into Psychological, Thriller, Horror and Action anime :) And a bit of Ghibli too of course xD

• Advertisement

Hi! New here and to anime :) Only started watching it since September last year. Mainly into Psychological, Thriller, Horror and Action anime :) And a bit of Ghibli too of course xD

Welcome to the party. What have ya watched so far?

Also, saw Psycho-Pass in HMV for €30, pretty damn good for the whole series.

Gunmonkey wrote: »

Yeah, I think thats mispriced as its £29 on Amazon. Wonder if they have it on bluray, its listed on xtravisions site anyway.

Its great that HMV are stocking more anime titles on dvd now, but also disappointing that their bluray selection is as poor as it has always been. 5 blurays(3 of which are Afro Samurai S1, S2 and complete) doesnt make a section HMV

Wait, what? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great series ,watching it atm

Wait, what? :eek:

I think its €30 as it is probably down in the system as one of the abandoned half season sets, fantastic price. As I mentioned its £29 on Amazon and the rrp is £40 on the dvd set.

As Sephiroth_dude mentioned the series is excellent, watched it on Netflix US 2 weeks ago.

I've actually been itching to get it, but you know they're airing the hour long episodes with extra scenes, so I'm kinda wondering if I should hold off on getting Psycho Pass

I've actually been itching to get it, but you know they're airing the hour long episodes with extra scenes, so I'm kinda wondering if I should hold off on getting Psycho Pass

Up to you, but Manga have already stated that they wont be releasing the extended versions and s2 starts next month.

Ah, ok

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You can't go wrong with Cowboy Bebop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 QwertyCookie

You can't go wrong with Cowboy Bebop.

That was the second anime series I watched, and I loved it :D Music, style, story...everything :)

Advertisement