Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LC767

Is anyone in house 85? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

LC767 wrote: »

I'm in 86!

Does anyone know of we find out any more info on our house before we move in? Like how many are in the house, if they're boys or girls and stuff like that?
    It's not a big deal I'm just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

Hi, I got offered a room sharing with someone else in trinity hall and to be honest i am absolutely gutted. I really don't feel I would be able to share a room for many many personal reasons. Do you think there would be any chance of getting a single room if i ring up or anything? really don't know what to do accommodation- wise. Honestly think i'd cry every day and every night if I'd to share a room, and i'm not just being fussy, i have genuine reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

FunTimess wrote: »
    Hi, I got offered a room sharing with someone else in trinity hall and to be honest i am absolutely gutted. I really don't feel I would be able to share a room for many many personal reasons. Do you think there would be any chance of getting a single room if i ring up or anything? really don't know what to do accommodation- wise. Honestly think i'd cry every day and every night if I'd to share a room, and i'm not just being fussy, i have genuine reasons.

I don't mean to be smart but you must have said ticked that you would take a twin room on your application for them to offer you a twin room.

Sharing really isn't that bad, so long as your roomate is a somewhat similar person to you. Since you are sharing with someone who you don't know, they will look at your personal statement and try to match you with someone with similar interests to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

FunTimess wrote: »

I think if you call up the accommodation office and make enough of a fuss/have genuine reasons theyll try and accommodate you. I know from looking at the halls page on fb theres ppl who wanted a twin but got a single so you might be able to swap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 podz

House 81 anyone?

Yeah me

What apartment? :P

• Advertisement

Ah. I'm 81.24 :P

What are you doing ??

Drama and Theatre studies you?

Med :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

mcratsix wrote: »
    I'm in 86!

Best building everrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anklebiters

Hi I got offered a single room in trinity hall but I applied for a twin room. I wanted a twin room as it is cheaper. Does anyone know how strict they are in regard to paying rent on time etc. as I should hopefully be able to afford it but I'm hoping I might be able to pay in smaller, more frequent instalments-do you think I could do this?

Hi I got offered a single room in trinity hall but I applied for a twin room. I wanted a twin room as it is cheaper. Does anyone know how strict they are in regard to paying rent on time etc. as I should hopefully be able to afford it but I'm hoping I might be able to pay in smaller, more frequent instalments-do you think I could do this?

Theres lots of people who got twins but wanted singles, try find someone on the JCR page and then ring the accommodation office

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

I JUST GOT CUNNINGHAM HOUSE ON SECOND OFFERS!!!!!

I'm number 79.3.27

What does that mean?????????

I just got offered a room in Cunningham house 79.3.27

What do these numbers mean?

Has anyone lived here? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

House 79
    Floor 3
    Room 27

Cunningham house is old style accommodation , you'll have your own room and sink , communal bathrooms and showers , and a communal kitchen.

I stayed in Cunningham in first year , it was great craic.

• Advertisement

Thank you! I heard you share a kitchen with 12-14 people. Is that hard? How big is the fridge? Haha.. How many do you share a bathroom with?

Thank you! I heard you share a kitchen with 12-14 people. Is that hard? How big is the fridge? Haha.. How many do you share a bathroom with?

Yeah about 12-14 , it isn't too tough there were 3 Or 4 fridges in our kitchen so space wasn't a problem , you have your own locker for storage in the kitchen too . share a toilet , shower and bath with one floor of rooms so 6 or 7

papu wrote: »
    Yeah about 12-14 , it isn't too tough there were 3 Or 4 fridges in our kitchen so space wasn't a problem , you have your own locker for storage in the kitchen too . share a toilet , shower and bath with one floor of rooms so 6 or 7

Thank you! What did you have in your room? A bed obviously but did you have a desk or wardrobe? Thanks!

Thank you! What did you have in your room? A bed obviously but did you have a desk or wardrobe? Thanks!

yeah single bed , smallish desk , big wardrobe with lots of room for hangers and some drawers ... it's a fairly big room.

I'll see if i can dig up some pictures.

papu wrote: »
    yeah single bed , smallish desk , big wardrobe with lots of room for hangers and some drawers ... it's a fairly big room.

I'll see if i can dig up some pictures.

That would be brilliant thank you so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

LC767 wrote: »

me! sharing a twin room with a stranger. should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jessii1

Anybody in house 86? :)

• Advertisement

Jessii1 wrote: »
    Anybody in house 86? :)

Me. Hi.

Advertisement