Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LetsgoGAAGAA

keane2097 wrote: »
    Oh I don't think they're badly conditioned, I just don't think there's been a good argument put forward for them finishing more strongly than Kerry.

It's a little harsh to say mayo imploded the intensity in the last 20 minutes of that game was seriously high, in fact it was the closest to absolute flat out that we have seen this year. Mayo missed a couple of chances to bury the game but i thought cork were immense in that period. I would agree with you that there is no obvious sign that mayo are any fitter than Kerry COC & A O'Se both had to be taken off in the Cork game which i thought was a massive call when you looked at the replacements.

I kind of fancied Kerry after the 1/4 final weekend on the basis that Kerry have a stronger forward line but the Declan O'Sullivan injury has completely thrown me and i can't understand why some bookies have left it at the same price. He is the 2nd most important player on the team and to James O'Donoghue the most important.

anyone who want's a couple of good outright bet's please take advantage of my suggestions

Doon Limerick SHC Outright 9/2 EW 1/3 1-2

First of all i'll say that i had backed Na Piarsaigh earlier in the year but i have had a a few quid on Doon ew @ 9/2, the reason i'm tipping Doon having already backed Na Piarsaigh is because they are already in the semi-final and cannot meet Na Piarsaigh who are also through to the semi final the worst possible draw they could get and the only team potentially they could be outsiders against is Kilmallock who i have been really dissapointed with this year and personally i would have doon favourites. BTW Na Piarsaigh are also a cracking bet @ 10/11.

Dublin Ladies to win the All Ireland @ 3/1, i have seen all the teams so far this year and Cork are a couple short in the forwards to win it this year. A couple of younger players have come into the team and they aren't as fluent in defense. Of the other teams Galway are the only side i can see potentially causing Cork or Dublin problems but they lost their manager mid year so it's more difficult to weigh them up but the likelihood they will be 3/1 to beat either dublin or cork and more importantly Cork dublin will be a pickem game and Croke park shouldn't inconveniance Dublin who are managed by the former Monaghan manager. Monaghan are missing a couple but clearly are not fully committed this year and i would really fancy galway tomorrow if they hadn't lost the manager during the championship.

I make Dublin 7/4 and my prediction is that after tomorrow's games they will be best price 11/8

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's a little harsh to say mayo imploded the intensity in the last 20 minutes of that game was seriously high, in fact it was the closest to absolute flat out that we have seen this year. Mayo missed a couple of chances to bury the game but i thought cork were immense in that period. I would agree with you that there is no obvious sign that mayo are any fitter than Kerry COC & A O'Se both had to be taken off in the Cork game which i thought was a massive call when you looked at the replacements.

I kind of fancied Kerry after the 1/4 final weekend on the basis that Kerry have a stronger forward line but the Declan O'Sullivan injury has completely thrown me and i can't understand why some bookies have left it at the same price. He is the 2nd most important player on the team and to James O'Donoghue the most important.

From what I've heard he isn't injured. I'd be 90+% sure that's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Odds aren't the greatest but i'm on Clare U21 hurlers -20 @ 8/11 (PP) against Antrim. Bold prediction 4:22 - 0:10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

keane2097 wrote: »
    From what I've heard he isn't injured. I'd be 90+% sure that's correct.

I thought David Moran steadied the ship in a big way coming on, Kerry couldn't get it out of their half before then.

Lismore are 10/11 today, think it'll win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭robbiezero

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Odds aren't the greatest but i'm on Clare U21 hurlers -20 @ 8/11 (PP) against Antrim. Bold prediction 4:22 - 0:10.

Should have done -22 @ 6/5 then if you think that will be the score difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I thought David Moran steadied the ship in a big way coming on, Kerry couldn't get it out of their half before then.

Lismore are 10/11 today, think it'll win.

That was only 5 minutes in to be fair but yeah I thought it was an excellent, if imperfect, performance by Moran.

His delivery into the forwards with the boot is top notch.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Should have done -22 @ 6/5 then if you think that will be the score difference?

I feel the -20 at 8/11 is a safer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Kerry v Cavan in the junior All-Ireland at 3 today.

Cavan haven't named a team (or at least one I can find anywhere) and Kerry are pretty much unchanged.

Both Boyles and Paddypower have the same odds as follows

Kerry Junior 1/4
    Draw 10/1
    Cavan Junior 10/3

Can't help thinking that Cavan at those odds look like value for a smallish stake - looking back at their previous lineups a serious chunk of their squad have Ulster U21 medals.

Would prefer to back the handicap but doesnt seem to be offered anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Bet 365 offering over 3.5 goals at 8/11 in the Clare 21 game compared to 4/7 with Boyle, nice difference for anyone expecting a few goals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Bet 365 offering over 3.5 goals at 8/11 in the Clare 21 game compared to 4/7 with Boyle, nice difference for anyone expecting a few goals.

Expect goals in the Galway V Wexford game. Both have excellent forwards, should be high scoring.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Kerry v Cavan in the junior All-Ireland at 3 today.

Cavan haven't named a team (or at least one I can find anywhere) and Kerry are pretty much unchanged.

Both Boyles and Paddypower have the same odds as follows

Kerry Junior 1/4
    Draw 10/1
    Cavan Junior 10/3

Can't help thinking that Cavan at those odds look like value for a smallish stake - looking back at their previous lineups a serious chunk of their squad have Ulster U21 medals.

Would prefer to back the handicap but doesnt seem to be offered anywhere.

Cavan won this 2-14 to Kerry 0-14 - a case of happy wallet, sore heart.

A case of goals win games with Kerry hitting the crossbar twice in the 1st half.

Definitely think this is a GAA competition where its possible to trouble the bookies.

Rasputin11 wrote: »

3 goals already after 20 minutes - Antrim helping out with their only score being a goal.

Will be gobsmacked if this doesn't get home from here.

Edit: Jeez Antrim nearly sneak another goal

Clare winning by 18 at HT.

Clare 4:28 - 1:10 Antrim FT

Bet won

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Price difference alert.

http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/hurling/eire-og-anacarty-v-cappawhite/winner

Eire Og Anacrty will easily take Cappawhite at half 6 this evening. All the bookies apart from Boyles price them @ 1/4.

Boyles haven't this game linked to oddschecker and go 4/9.

http://www.boylesports.com/Betting/SportAZ/GAA_Hurling/Matches/Eire_Og_Anacarthy_v_Cappawhite?navigationid=top,24.1,86242.1,86248.1&time=175058&moremarket=3696461.1,1356076.1

Cappawhite are one of the worst senior teams in Tipp at the moment and bar a pure freak result, Anacarty are winning this with a bit in hand.

Buy yourself a few pints then tonight out of the winnings, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If I could I'd be backing Drom Bradford -6 vs Sean Finns . throw on @ 6:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

shmeee wrote: »
    Price difference alert.

http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/hurling/eire-og-anacarty-v-cappawhite/winner

Eire Og Anacrty will easily take Cappawhite at half 6 this evening. All the bookies apart from Boyles price them @ 1/4.

http://www.boylesports.com/Betting/SportAZ/GAA_Hurling/Matches/Eire_Og_Anacarthy_v_Cappawhite?navigationid=top,24.1,86242.1,86248.1&time=175058&moremarket=3696461.1,1356076.1

Cappawhite are one of the worst senior teams in Tipp at the moment and bar a pure freak result, Anacarty are winning this with a bit in hand.

Feck it - there 1/4 now , nice call as it was 4/9 on my phone but by the time I wrote the docket it had changed - best of luck

Half time in the 21 hurling, over 3.5 goals 5/6 with 365, 4/7 with PP, huge difference and more goals look likely.

Price difference alert.

Anacarty gave us an early scare, went 4 down. But the latest is they are ahead by 8 and near full time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Anacarty gave us an early scare, went 4 down. But the latest is they are ahead by 8 and near full time.

Needed that.

Lismore and Fourmile drew. Blew a 4 fold that was waiting on Mayo -1 for 180. 6 up at half time as well.

12 points in the end anyway.

Eire Og Anacarty 4-14
    Cappawhite 1-11

Cappa finished with 14 men.

Few quid made, finest.

Clubs games this weekend and 2 in Tipp that stand out, may not look like great value but both should be winning.

Kilruane @ 1/2 and Thurles Sarsfields @ 8/15. Over a 5/4 double.

Kilruane have moved into 1/4 with powers and 2/7 with Ladbrokes. Boyles still offering 1/2 along with bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 geffc

Is Declan Fit? Is the Kerry team named good enough in the half forward line to find those angled runs from the inside forwards geaney/JOD across the pitch without him?

Does anyone else think the Under 41.5pts is a brilliant bet?

I went through all the betting and that was the one I liked. Kerry set up defensively with Walsh and DOSull dropping back. I know he's injured but it would have to be a real free flowing shootout to be above 41.5

Any mayo people on this thread I think I have spotted something of serious interest?

Kilruane have moved into 1/4 with powers and 2/7 with Ladbrokes. Boyles still offering 1/2 along with bet365.

I hear Stephen Murray is nowhere near fit, he may start but he's not near 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Any mayo people on this thread I think I have spotted something of serious interest?

Yes, what you see?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Boyles enhancements today

James O'd anytime goal 2/1
    Cillian O'c anytime goal 3/1

As usual, max €50

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Expect minor game to be an open high scoring game with both teams having good set of forwards. Like the look of both teams to score a goal at evens with Boyles. Powers take a different viewpoint on goals going 4/7 on same bet. Mayo have scored 7 goals in 3 matches in lead up to this and Kerry scoring 6 in 3 matches. Semi finals in minors have been open games in the past with good few goals and expect this to be no different. 11/8 on over 2.5 goals with Boyles(8/13 powers) and 17/10 over 1.5 Kerry goals is also a good shout.

Now let's pray for plenty of goals !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If I could I'd be backing Drom Bradford -6 vs Sean Finns . throw on @ 6:30.

https://twitter.com/drombroafordgaa/status/503251682038661120

Pity Drom were 1/7 .Twasnt worth backing at that price

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement