Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blisters on inside of foot - over or under pronation?

Options
  • 14-08-2014 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi there,
    A few of us are back on short runs as a low cost way to fitness.

I am finding that I am getting blisters right on the inside edge around the middle (very technical terms!so I suppose the inside edge of my arch ) of both by feet - is this generally a sign of under or over-pronation?

Going to use better socks - but for various reasons cant go for a proper gait analysis in the shops at the moment so just wondering would people on here know from experience?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

I'd say better socks and shoes that fit should help that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭28064212

1000 mile socks pretty much fixed all my blister problems. Available from most sports shops

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

cathy427 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    A few of us are back on short runs as a low cost way to fitness.

This is most likely the issue. You will get blisters when starting off, but your foot will adapt.
    I have been running about 50 miles a week all year rarely getting blisters; just took 3 weeks off and in my few runs since back have had a few blisters on the inside of my foot. From experience this will stop after a week or so back running.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, sports socks are the way to go here. Blisters from running are the result of friction on moist skin; the very upper layer of skin becomes detached because it's being rubbed so much. Proper sports socks ensure that the socks itself stays pretty static against your skin, and also wicks away moisture from the skin. The result being that blisters take much longer to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cathy427

Thanks guys - much appreciated.

Is it unusual to get blisters in the exact same spot on both feet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

cathy427 wrote: »

Is it unusual to get blisters in the exact same spot on both feet?

Same cause same effects; I wouldn't think so.

Advertisement