Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Cleaning Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Curran wrote: »
    Ahh that's you....when did you change your username!???

Ages ago! :p

Loving OAC perfection by the way. Everyone should get their hands on it. Unreal beading, brilliant shine and no need for wipers on the motorway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Meguiar's Ultra Plush Super Terry Towel €15.99 down to €1 and 3for2 in Halfords at the moment. Someone cleaned out Halfords, Mahon Point of them.

String wrote: »
    Meguiar's Ultra Plush Super Terry Towel €15.99 down to €1 and 3for2 in Halfords at the moment. Someone cleaned out Halfords, Mahon Point of them.
    Thanks for this, got the last one in Liffey valley. Good value at 1 euro but I would in my arse pay 16 euro for it normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Thanks for this, got the last one in Liffey valley. Good value at 1 euro but I would in my arse pay 16 euro for it normally.

That'd be down to the €15 your saving I'm guessing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

String wrote: »

Any Halfords i've gone too have been cleaned out too.

Tesco have JML Mantis cloths 2pk for a fiver. One is an applicator and one is a buffer. The buffer is not bad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I bet some coont bought 16 of them.

D'Agger wrote: »
    That'd be down to the €15 your saving I'm guessing :pac:

Put it this way, the quality doesn't scream 16 euro at all. 10 euro at most really. Anymore and I'd be getting a decent mf

Was in a €1.50 store the other day and picked up some cheapy stuff

Wheel cleaner is non acidic (possibly heavy alkaline. havent tested yet)
    Carpet cleaner is ok. for 1.50 i cant complain really

These microfibres intrigued me. Really really plush n thick but tag says 100% microfibre.:confused:
    Surely it should be a polyester/polymide mix or sumthin

20140718_190322_zpscr3u5rl6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

15litre black buckets in b and q at the moment for €1, steel handle ect look the same as the Aldi ones.
    They also have a gallon of carplan car shampoo for €4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=742%2F0315

Plenty of stock around.

Looks Like the C110.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

Got a bucket, sponge and bottle of car shampoo in Halfords for 4.50. The bucket and sponge are grand but I'd imagine the shampoo is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Get a second bucket to use as a rinse bucket. That way you're wash mitt is always using clean water.

beige-polish-mit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Vexorg wrote: »
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=742%2F0315

Plenty of stock around.

Looks Like the C110.

That's an incredible price. I want one now but I don't have a use for it in current gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I don't know if id trust that kit enough to get under a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I don't know if id trust that kit enough to get under a car.

I read a post in BA and somebody tried it out & was happy with it.

zerks wrote: »
    I read a post in BA and somebody tried it out & was happy with it.

Fair enough, but I still don't think I'd trust something so cheap supporting a car....especially one I'd be getting under.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Fair enough, but I still don't think I'd trust something so cheap supporting a car....especially one I'd be getting under.

There's no way the RAC would put their name to something that might fail.
    It looks very similar to the Halfords one and that's fine once used for its intended use.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Hi Guys,

Can you please suggest any Microfibre Towels to dry the car ?

I also ordered a water blade yesterday - hope thats ok to use on a new car ?

360672079332?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:IE:1120

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

bbari wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Can you please suggest any Microfibre Towels to dry the car ?

I also ordered a water blade yesterday - hope thats ok to use on a new car ?

360672079332?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:IE:1120

Wouldn't use a blade to dry car as you could scratch it, i have a dedicated towel for drying which is awesome:

http://www.detailingshed.com/drying-towels/114-microfiber-madness-dry-me-crazy.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

There is no forgiveness if a bit of grit happened to get stuck between the paint and the water blade.....you're going to get scratched paintwork.
    With the pile on the microfiber drying towels, it is more likely to be drawn into the pile and away from the paintwork! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

There's cleaning stuff in Aldi either next Thursday or the one after, forget which one. Just a heads up :)

I actually went out and bought a blade in... Halfords I think...

Anyway, I remember spending a couple of Euro on it, as I seen the lads in the local car wash using one on my car before. I used it once and found it's 'drying' ability was not great and I wasn't overly fond of rubbing a toughened silicone hard-edge against my paintwork. So after actually having used it one time, I put it into the shed, never to be used again.

That microfibre madness towel that was linked to by theboinkmaster is the one I have, also. Paying over €20 for a towel is an extremely bitter pill to swallow. I was on the verge of tears paying €20 for a towel. But, I must say, it's one of the best purchases I've made. It's drying ability is shockingly good, and drying a car was the stage that I hated more than anything else, until I got it.

I used to spend nearly 20 minutes going around the car using microfibre clothes form Homestore and more. A frustrating experience, to say the least. Now it's a 2 minute, handy job, with that towel. I'd highly recommend it. But if I were you, I'd just buy it quickly. Cos if you sit there thinking about it, and trying to justify it, you'll never buy it. You really do have to have it in your hands before you can appreciate how good it is and how much time it saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

You have sold it to me. Thank you :)

.[/quote]

But if I were you, I'd just buy it quickly. Cos if you sit there thinking about it, and trying to justify it, you'll never buy it. You really do have to have it in your hands before you can appreciate how good it is and how much time it saves.[/quote]

That microfibre madness towel that was linked to by theboinkmaster is the one I have, also. Paying over €20 for a towel is an extremely bitter pill to swallow. I was on the verge of tears paying €20 for a towel. But, I must say, it's one of the best purchases I've made. It's drying ability is shockingly good, and drying a car was the stage that I hated more than anything else, until I got it.

Another shout out for the Microfibre Madness Dry Me Crazy. It took me a while to shell out for one of these. I was using 2x Kent Drying Towels from B&Q which were ok but not great.

The Dry Me Crazy soaks up a hell of a lot of water and as such meant i was able to dry the car faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Lidl sell microfibre towels that are absolutely perfect for drying the car

You'll find them in the section with their cleaning products

They're in a packet labelled as window cleaning cloths and they're cheap

The quality is fine and they're better than many of the much more expensive "proper" ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

No towel Ive used, and thats quite a lot, has a patch on Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy! Soft and flush, and will dry a large family saloon without having to ring it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

loads of cleaning stuff here...:D
    (click on "car care" tab for lots more)
    http://www.micksgarage.com/shop/Car%20Shampoo

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Since ye recommend the Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy on Detailing Shed just want to know which Wash Mitt would ye recommend on it?

• Advertisement

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Since ye recommend the Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy on Detailing Shed just want to know which Wash Mitt would ye recommend on it?

Any wash mitt that is microfibre or lambswool/sheepswool.
    I use a Sheepswool mitt i got from Halfords.

Advertisement