Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Christian Gamboa and Jason Davidson have both signed for West Brom. Both are defenders, Gamboa impressed as an RWB for Costa Rica and Davidson is an LB/CB.

Probably affects those looking at Wisdom and Gamboa could be an option depending on pricing.

Dawson wba will probably now move to burnley has been heavily linked which will see duff 4.0 lose his place.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    21524002.jpg

so I did manage to stay away until less than 2 weeks to go, a lot of threads to read over as i'm pretty much starting from scratch with my team now.

goodbye Saturday mornings, they were nice while they lasted.

It's the way to do it I'm up to changing my team 2 to 3 times a day at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,032 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's the way to do it I'm up to changing my team 2 to 3 times a day at this stage.
    It is too early to have any level of sureness anyway, value will present itself when the team news comes out and a few defenders are out injured, creating 4.0 options hopefully.

CSF wrote: »
    It is too early to have any level of sureness anyway, value will present itself when the team news comes out and a few defenders are out injured, creating 4.0 options hopefully.

I know there is no point in picking a team until after this weekend's friendlies as they are the ones that count but the truth is most of us lunatics have a serious FF addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Christian Gamboa and Jason Davidson have both signed for West Brom. Both are defenders, Gamboa impressed as an RWB for Costa Rica and Davidson is an LB/CB.

Probably affects those looking at Wisdom and Gamboa could be an option depending on pricing.
    I checked a WBA forum and they still seem to think Wisdom will start, either at RB with Gamboa on the wing or at CB with Gamboa wing back in a 5-3-2. I think Wisdom will start their opening match, but I'm a little nervous he could lose value after that with ~8% ownership if he's benched

• Advertisement

I know there is no point in picking a team until after this weekend's friendlies as they are the ones that count but the truth is most of us lunatics have a serious FF addiction.
    Nah it makes perfect sense, with every draft you learn a little bit more, but I'd nearly say that if one has the same team next Saturday morning that one does right now, there is a high chance they're doing something wrong in their strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Jordon Mutch has gone to QPR. Will he prove to offer Mutch more than ample punning opportunities?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Jordon Mutch has gone to QPR. Will he prove to offer Mutch more than ample punning opportunities?

how mutch did he go for? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭dahat

how mutch did he go for? :D

5m, not Mutch really given the cost of players these days, he will no doubt prove that he didn't Costa lot when the season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭dahat

https://twitter.com/FPLWalt/lists/quintessential-fpl
    . Posting on mobile so apologies for the improper link post but this list looks pretty decent for those on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 MEMA2013

km79 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of Instead of having siggy and 4.5 ml mid I may rotate 2 around 5 ml mark.
    arteta at 5.5 is on pens but not sure who to rotate him with for 5ml as spurs are arsenals rotating partner
    QPR and hull rotate but not sure about a pairing of holiett and elmahamody?

What does rotating partner mean exactly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

MEMA2013 wrote: »
    What does rotating partner mean exactly ?

every time arsenal are at home spurs are away and vice versa
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057251675/1/#post91563516

Why oh why did they have to make Van Persie doubtful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Anyone have a chart/link of all rotation pairings.
    i.e., obviously we know Everton rotate 100% with Liverpool whilst Newcastle rotate perfectly with Sunderland. But that doesn't tell us how well Newcastle rotate with Everton. Almost by definition they must rotate terribly with either Liverpool or Everton and very well with the other. But which?

So there must be a chart somewhere detailing how well each team rotates with every other team???

i.e., obviously we know Everton rotate 100% with Liverpool whilst Newcastle rotate perfectly with Sunderland. But that doesn't tell us how well Newcastle rotate with Everton. Almost by definition they must rotate terribly with either Liverpool or Everton and very well with the other. But which?

So there must be a chart somewhere detailing how well each team rotates with every other team???

and if anyone has this will you post it in the rotating teams thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Someone on FFS made an app. It's called FPL Wizard and it's free on Google Play at least

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

2 of Mata, Hazard and Silva.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2 of Mata, Hazard and Silva.

Any advice?

Mata and Hazard, for the first few weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I appear to be in the Boards.ie FSA League.
    My question is....

Is there a thread for that in here?!:pac:

So many frickin' threads at this stage we'd need a thread explaining all the various threads happening in the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Panthro wrote: »
    I appear to be in the Boards.ie FSA League.
    My question is....

Is there a thread for that in here?!:pac:

So many frickin' threads at this stage we'd need a thread explaining all the various threads happening in the place!

God be with the days when this forum and all it encompasses was contained within a single thread ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

ahhhhh head wrecked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I assumed this too but after having a look found out this to be incorrect (don't ask me why they did it like this).

Take Sunderland for example, they start the season AwayHomeAwayHomeAwayHomeHome (Home weeks 6 and 7)
    and Newcastle start the complete opposite (Away weeks 6 and 7)

Stoke and Swansea similarly are complete oposites for the first 11 weeks, then have double home fixtures to mess things up.

So while other teams might mix nicely with others, every team seems to only have one true home/away partners for the entire season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I am happy with 14 of the 15 players I have;

GK's - Bego/Gilks

Defenders - Luis, Evans, Mariappa, Wisdom, NTaylor (think both Mariappa & Wisdom will play once all is said and done)

Midfield - Fab, Mata, Ramsey,Siggy, Albrighton (prob switch to another 4.5 mid who wont lose value given their fixtures)

Forwards - Rooney, Costa, Jovetic

Only player I'm not happy with is Jovetic and might downgrade to Jelavic or Austin and keep €2m for moves.

The main other issue I see and wanted to discuss is I've 3 United & 3 Chelsea - too much?

No pool coverage and no city coverage (assuming I don't go for Jovetic) - feels wrong. Fixtures aren't great but just doesn't seem right.

Where do you stand on form v fixtures?

I've 2 options imho - Fab -> Sterling or Fab -> Silva/Yaya

I favour changing Fab over other 3 mids as have Costa upfront.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I am happy with 14 of the 15 players I have;

GK's - Bego/Gilks

Defenders - Luis, Evans, Mariappa, Wisdom, NTaylor (think both Mariappa & Wisdom will play once all is said and done)

Midfield - Fab, Mata, Ramsey,Siggy, Albrighton (prob switch to another 4.5 mid who wont lose value given their fixtures)

Forwards - Rooney, Costa, Jovetic

Only player I'm not happy with is Jovetic and might downgrade to Jelavic or Austin and keep €2m for moves.

The main other issue I see and wanted to discuss is I've 3 United & 3 Chelsea - too much?

No pool coverage and no city coverage (assuming I don't go for Jovetic) - feels wrong. Fixtures aren't great but just doesn't seem right.

Where do you stand on form v fixtures?

I've 2 options imho - Fab -> Sterling or Fab -> Silva/Yaya

I favour changing Fab over other 3 mids as have Costa upfront.

Thoughts?

I find it odd, and I fit in to this category, i haven't seen anyone talking about Kompany and very few have picked Zab. They won the league last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

In order to bring in Mata, which I feel is a no-brainer, I need to downgrade Hazard to Fabregas OR Sanchez to Ramsey.

Any opinions on which would be best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Sanchez to Ramsey

It looks like Fabregas will be playing too deep - conjecture of course, just based on pre-season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lads

2 of Mata, Hazard and Ramsay

What yiz think?

Lads

What yiz think?
    Mata and Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lads

What yiz think?

Mata and Hazard imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

At this stage I suppose a move like this is pure speculation, but if Falcao came to City and Jovetic departed it'd certainly be something for everyone to think about FPL wise.

I expect he'd be 10 million+?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-transfer-news-manuel-pellegrini-interested-in-radamel-falcao-loan-9651207.html

Advertisement