Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kaiserjim

I have an old ball end tech and 20 blades(rapira,sharks and supermax sp) to trade for any thing de related soaps, blades etc. Let us know what you have if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Anyone interested in swapping this Dovo Shavette straight razor for a badger hair brush?

http://www.adverts.ie/hair-care-grooming/dovo-blue-straight-razor/4347070

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Any blades coming with the shavette?

I might have a badger brush I could part with. I'll post a link when I'm not on my phone later.

I will give it a few days before making an offer in case someone else is interested in it (I already have loads of straight razors) and they want to try it out.

Here is the link for the badger brush http://www.shaving.ie/products/pure-badger-black-shaving-brush.html

Thanks hitemfrank.

I'll double check but I think I have one blade in it (that's been used a few times) and then one brand new one.

Thanks for the response. Sure get back to me in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

I'm looking for a straight razor if anyone has one to sell. I'm a DE veteran but I'm new to the world of straights so I'm after something suitable for a beginner please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Free for the taking.

nhwj.jpg

1 x Monoprix (France) Boar Brush

1x VHD (USA) shaving puck.

No point taking this if you don't use a safety razor.

Ask for the above on thread, not in a PM. First come, first served.

Posted out this week from Dublin.

Cheers.

Monoprix brush packaging shows distress from having been crushed in holiday baggage a year or three back. Booze or a salad dressing managed to leak out over the outer packaging. Product is new.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Free for the taking.

nhwj.jpg

1 x Monoprix (France) Boar Brush

1x VHD (USA) shaving puck.

No point taking this if you don't use a safety razor.

Ask for the above on thread, not in a PM. First come, first served.

Posted out this week from Dublin.

Cheers

Monoprix brush packaging shows distress from having been crushed in holiday baggage a year or three back. Booze or a salad dressing managed to leak out over the outer packaging. Product is new.

Me please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

kaiserjim wrote: »
    Me please

Send me a PM with a postal address of some sort and I'll despatch the items out to you.

They should get to you within this working week.

Just a bit of a clear out.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Send me a PM with a postal address of some sort and I'll despatch the items out to you.

They should get to you within this working week.

Just a bit of a clear out.

Cheers pm sent

Seen as Amalgam has kindly sent me on some items for free I'd like to do the same. So I'm offering up:
    I have an old ball end tech and 20 blades(rapira,sharks and supermax sp) to trade for any thing de related soaps, blades etc. Let us know what you have if interested.

Ask on thread and only if your likely to use them.

• Advertisement

Seen as Amalgam has kindly sent me on some items for free I'd like to do the same. So I'm offering up free first come basis:
    I have an old ball end tech and 20 blades(rapira,sharks and supermax sp) .

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Interested in trying if still available
    Seen as Amalgam has kindly sent me on some items for free I'd like to do the same. So I'm offering up free first come basis:

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Interested in trying if still available

They're yours. send us a pm with an address and ill get them in the post to you.

PM sent, many thanks to kaiserjim for generosity.

Received ball end tech razor and baldes from Kaiserjim yesterday with gratitude. Tried razor this morning with Shark blade, nice smooth shave.

Very impressed with razor for first use, it's quite light but very effective, look forward to may future shaves with it, delighted to have chance to use any of the older razor models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Hi, 1 pack of feather offered. New and unused. Regular type EX. If anyone wants them, pm and ill put them in the post. Pif.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Hi, 1 pack of feather offered. New and unused. Regular type EX. If anyone wants them, pm and ill put them in the post. Pif.

I would be happy to take them if there still available, thanks

I would be happy to take them if there still available, thanks

Its yours. Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Received them today and i'd just like to thank cardwizzard for them.
    Much appriceated.

Received them today and i'd just like to thank cardwizzard for them.
    Much appriceated.

No probs, enjoy :-)

• Advertisement

I've got a Stahly Live Blade DE razor if anyone wants it. It's a wind-up clockwork vibrating razor so it's definitely something for those you like more unusual stuff.

You can find more info at this link (although my one is silver instead of black and gold)

If someone has an old straight razor lying about I'd love to trade otherwise I'll just give it to whoever wants it.

I wouldn't mind trying out the Stahly. Supposed to be really good DE heads on them.

Would a Gold Dollar work as a trade?

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind trying out the Stahly. Supposed to be really good DE heads on them.

Would a Gold Dollar work as a trade?

Sounds perfect thanks. Could I be extremely cheeky and ask you to sharpen it for me before sending it as I don't have the tools/knowledge to hone a razor? (if it's too much hassle don't worry about it though, I'm sure I can find someone to do it for me)

waraf wrote: »
    Sounds perfect thanks. Could I be extremely cheeky and ask you to sharpen it for me before sending it as I don't have the tools/knowledge to hone a razor? (if it's too much hassle don't worry about it though, I'm sure I can find someone to do it for me)

Not cheecky at all. It's already sharp but I'll give the edge a bit of work tonight to make sure.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Not cheecky at all. It's already sharp but I'll give the edge a bit of work tonight to make sure.

Fantastic - thanks a million!! I'll send you a PM now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Can I also be a tad cheeky and ask you both to post (not on this thread) how you both respectively get on with the equipment. Cheers gents :-)

Sure, I'll post my opinion on the Stahly in the safety razor thread once I've used it for a few days.

Yep, happy to post my thoughts on the Gold Dollar too.

Just put up some stuff for sale on adverts.ie:

TOBS Jermyn Street shaving cream and Omega alum block

http://www.adverts.ie/hair-care-grooming/taylor-of-old-bond-street-shaving-cream/5192992

• Advertisement

So I've got a tin of How To Grow a Moustache Lime Synergy shave soap that I don't think I will use again. I think I only used it 5 or so times so as I'm not a fan of the scent but I've had no issues with the performance of the soap.

Anyone interested in a trade? I'm specifically looking for an unscented soft shaving soap (a hard soap may work but for now I want a soft soap). I want to try something out with the unscented soap so it has to be a good performing unscented soap.

Advertisement