Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2014 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Games I can remember completing this year:

Tearaway (PS Vita): Well, I started it in 2013 but I finished it in 2014 so I think it counts. Great Game. It's a shame that so few developers show much interest in making quality games for the Vita in comparison to other gaming platforms.

Puppeteer (PS3): I got this while on PS+. 11gb takes a long time download on my connection, that's for sure. The graphics are quite impressive to say the least.

Pixeljunk Eden (PS3): It's an old game but I bought and completed it this year. Loved it. The gameplay, art style and music came together to make an enjoyable experience. Even though some levels can be a bit frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm adding to my list for 2014.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [3DS]
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [PS4]
    Ratchet & Clank: Nexus [PS3]
    DmC [PS3]
    Luigi's Mansion 2 [3DS]
    Mass Effect 3: Leviathan [PS3]
    Mass Effect 3: Citadel [PS3]
    Battlefield 4 [PS4]
    Strider [PS4]
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons [PS3]
    Steamworld Dig [VITA]
    Fez [PS VITA]
    inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]
    PES 3D [3DS]
    Puppeteer [PS3]
    Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion [PS3]
    Kirby Triple Deluxe [3DS]
    Injustice - Gods Among Us [PS4]
    Trine 2 [PS4]
    LEGO Batman 2 [VITA]
    Batman Arkham Origins [PS3]

Adding:
    Kung Fu Rabbit [VITA]

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

Zelda a link between world's 3ds
    Mario kart 7 3ds
    Luigis mansion dark moon 3ds
    Battlefield 4 Xbox 360
    Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d 3ds
    Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360
    Metro 2033 Xbox360
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village Ds
    The Bureau Xcom Declassified Xbox 360
    Dmc devil may cry Xbox 360
    Rayman 3d 3ds
    Call of duty ghosts Xbox 360

Haven't been playing many games over the summer period, other than fifa on my new ps4 :) passed south park on Xbox 360 today

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

All on xbox 360

Hitman absolution
    Far cry 3
    Ghost recon future soldier
    Call of duty ghosts
    Dragon age origins
    Dragon age 2

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

3DS
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Vita
    Uncharted Golden Abyss

PS3
    DMC
    Bioshock Infinite
    Kingdom Hearts 1
    Demons Soul
    Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
    Tales of Graces F
    Metro Last Light
    Dark Souls 2
    Bioshock
    Alice Madness Returns
    Bioshock 2
    The Walking Dead Seasons 1-5

Batman Arkham Origins
    Max Payne 3

Adding to the list:

Deus Ex Human Revolution (PS3)
    Puppeteer (PS3)
    Beyond Two Souls (PS3)
    Far Cry 3 (PS3)
    Guacamelee (Vita)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just finished Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)

I am a huge fan of the recent Batman series but Origins felt like I was playing Arkham City all over again. Story arcs were good but overall it felt like its predecessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SkunkyDoodle

Tomb Raider.
    Bioshock Infinite for the second time.
    Recently bought Dishonored and cleared that, thought it was a great game, a lot like Bioshock :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fallout 3
    Tearaway
    Virtues last stand

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

Tomb Raider
    The Last of Us
    GTA V
    Puppeteer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Bought The Last of Us Remastered on Friday and cleared it on Hard last night. Class game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Competed it years ago but only platinumed the first Uncharted last weekend.

20 days short of a flat 5 years between the first trophy and the last, not sure how long I had it before that as trophies were patched in at some later point.

I'm adding to my list for 2014.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [3DS]
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [PS4]
    Ratchet & Clank: Nexus [PS3]
    DmC [PS3]
    Luigi's Mansion 2 [3DS]
    Mass Effect 3: Leviathan [PS3]
    Mass Effect 3: Citadel [PS3]
    Battlefield 4 [PS4]
    Strider [PS4]
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons [PS3]
    Steamworld Dig [VITA]
    Fez [PS VITA]
    inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]
    PES 3D [3DS]
    Puppeteer [PS3]
    Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion [PS3]
    Kirby Triple Deluxe [3DS]
    Injustice - Gods Among Us [PS4]
    Trine 2 [PS4]
    LEGO Batman 2 [VITA]
    Batman Arkham Origins [PS3]
    Kung Fu Rabbit [VITA]

Adding:
    Rogue Legacy [VITA]

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Assassin's Creed 3 [PC]
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask [3DS]
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger [PC]
    Pokemon Y [3DS]
    Call of Duty Ghosts [PC]
    Batman Arkham Origins [PC]
    Thomas was Alone [Vita]
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss [Vita]
    Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls [PC]
    Broken Age Act 1 [PC]
    Battlefield 4 [PC]
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze [Wii U]
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon [PC]
    South Park Stick of Truth [PC]
    Stick it to the Man [PS4]
    Tales of Monkey Island [PC]

Adding some games:
    Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea (Both Episodes)[PC]
    Dishonoured [PC]
    Infamous: Second Son [PS4]
    Killzone: Shadow Fall [PS4]
    Wolfenstein: New Order [PC] (GOTY so far I think)
    Mass Effect 3 [PC]

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

Zelda a link between world's 3ds
    Mario kart 7 3ds
    Luigis mansion dark moon 3ds
    Battlefield 4 Xbox 360
    Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d 3ds
    Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360
    Metro 2033 Xbox360
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village Ds
    The Bureau Xcom Declassified Xbox 360
    Dmc devil may cry Xbox 360
    Rayman 3d 3ds
    Call of duty ghosts Xbox 360
    South park Xbox 360
    Alien Breed ps vita

Kind of makes me sad on the inside just a small bit knowing that to regard a game as 'completed' you have to get all achievements/trophies.

I remember completing a game was finishing the main campaign/story and watching the credits roll. *sigh*

I have 1000'd Assassins Creed II, it's probably the only game out of the 7 Xbox 360 games I have finished (achievements-wise) that I actually tried really hard on. It was fair annoying going for all those feathers

Kind of makes me sad on the inside just a small bit knowing that to regard a game as 'completed' you have to get all achievements/trophies.

I don't think that is true at all. If for instance the game is a single player, story driven game then surely completing the main story constitutes completion. Why should you care if you fail to find a handful of insignificant items? Just play until you've gotten all the enjoyment you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭brady12

1.the walking dead episode 4 (ps3)
    2.wolfenstein (xbox one)
    3.valiant hearts the Great War (xbox one)
    4.watch dogs(ps4)
    5. Infamous (ps4)
    6. The last of us left behind dlc (ps3)
    7. Mgs ground zeroes
    Currently chapter away from finishing child of light on ps4 and about half way through guacamole super turbo championship edition xbox one

I don't think that is true at all. If for instance the game is a single player, story driven game then surely completing the main story constitutes completion. Why should you care if you fail to find a handful of insignificant items? Just play until you've gotten all the enjoyment you can.

Well I don't think it's a unanimous thing, but there are those out there that have stated they haven't finished a game yet because they still have *this trophy/achievement* to get.

I've heard it a few times, and it kind of irritates me just a small bit.

These are but one/two of a few threads I've came across where the term "completed/finished/cleared" is regarded as earning all trophies or achievements

" HOW MANY GAMES HAVE YOU COMPLETED THIS YEAR"

And on this article, a lad is debating that trophies have ruined the Playstation 3

I believe that finishing the game's story/campaign is enough to say "game completed" but it saddens me that there are those out there - particularly a younger generation - that regard a game completed as 100% Trophies earned.

Yuck...

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Yeah I agree with previous posts, if you've completed the main story in a single player game that's the game completed as far as I'm concerned. Some achievements/trophies don't add to game in any meaningful way, a few from portal 2 spring to mind, like the one that requires you to just do nothing in one of the rooms for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

What's an "achievement"? :) I couldn't care less about any of those gamerpoints or trophies or whatever. Completing the main story is the game being completed. Sometimes I'll play games past that if I am really enjoying it (or try the hardest difficulty level if I didn't on the first playthrough) but I have too much of a backlog for that most of the time. I'm certainly not going to do that collect all the feathers/animus or whatever ****e in Assassin's Creed or get all the Riddler trophies in Batman or whatever long slog collectibles some games add to lengthen the game. I play games to have fun, running from one end of the map to the other for collectibles for no reason is not fun, in my opinion. The only ones I collect everything in are Mario games and they are usually fun to get the hidden things in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Collectibles are the most annoying thing in games to be honest, Sleeping Dogs did them right at least, you got an upgrade to your character and all the collectible lockboxes where highlighted on the map, they weren't handed to you but you didn't have to go around aimlessly search for them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yeah, I'm playing Infamous at the moment and I'm enjoying playing the main story and the side missions but I'm fecked if I'm going to go around the place looking for 150 blast shards.

Collectibles are the most annoying thing in games to be honest, Sleeping Dogs did them right at least, you got an upgrade to your character and all the collectible lockboxes where highlighted on the map, they weren't handed to you but you didn't have to go around aimlessly search for them either.

GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas* would also reward you with a new weapon at your safehouse for every 10 hidden packages found

*in San Andreas' case I don't really remember, as there were more than just hidden packages in that game (spray tags and sea shells, or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dara1234

just finished black flags and the only reason i looked for the collectables was for the sea chanteys.

dara1234 wrote: »
    just finished black flags and the only reason i looked for the collectables was for the sea chanteys.

I whistled those darn things walking into my course. They're so catchy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just completed Enslaved on 360. Not without it's flaws but all in all very enjoyable. Very underrated game imo and very cheap these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Finished another one - in bold:

Nexus 7

- Swordigo: cool little platformer, worked well on the tablet
    - The Room: puzzle game that everyone seems to have played!
    - Kingdom Rush: enjoyable tower defense
    - Spider: fun for what it was

PC

- Guacamelee: absolutely awesome, one of my favourite games of the past few years
    - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: this was exceptional, a great gaming experience
    - Crysis Warhead: enjoyable for what it was, very similar to the original Crysis
    - Mass Effect 3: was pretty good but not a patch on the first two in terms of the plot
    - Assassin's Creed 2: The first AC game I played, really enjoyable if a bit of a slog towards the end. Has aged really well. Have AC: Brotherhood (PC) and AC3 (Wii U) in my backlog

Wii U

- Super Mario Bros. U: Good little game, could be tough and looked gorgeous in HD
    - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: Lost quite a bit of interest in this as I approached the end, but that probably was because it took me a few months to get through it. The first Zelda game I played, I'd rate it as mediocre to be honest. Would definitely be willing to give a different game a try in the future though.

Still working on Rayman Origins (co-op with the wife), Bit.Trip presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien and Serious Sam 3 BFE on the PC and Broken Sword on the Nexus 7.

Need to decide on my next Wii U game; Pikmin 3 or ZombieU?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finished Crysis 3 last night.

Bit meh overall. Much the same as Crysis 2 with a better boss fight at the end. Instantly forgettable though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Portal 2
    The Last of Us and Left Behind
    Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3
    Tomb Raider
    Rain
    Brothers
    Bulletstorm
    Vanquish
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Silent Hill: Downpour